Season 4 Descriptive Ep 4.08 Summary - Echos

Season 4: Episode 8 - "Echos"
2/23/2005
Summary by superintelligentone aka SIO

Daytime in Sydney’s beach area house, Nadia is sitting at the kitchen counter with a large mug of coffee, while Sydney goes to the refrigerator. Nadia is telling her “We were driving on Mulholland (Drive), you know, all the curves, and we come around this corner and the sun's right in our eyes...” Listening to the story as she is preparing to make breakfast, Syd asks if she wants “Egg whites?” as she picks up a carton of it. Nadia replies “Sure, thanks.” Wanting her to continue with the story, Sydney recaps for her “So the sun's in your face?” Nadia continues where she left off, saying “Completely blinding me. And the first thing he does, without even thinking about it, he slaps down the...” She pauses, seeking the right word. Supplying the word for her, Sydney says “Visor...” Nadia continues “Yeah, the visor. So the sun's not in my eyes. And I just thought that was so sweet!” She shakes her head in amazement at his gallantry and smiles. Smiling in understanding, Sydney replies “He really likes you.” Nadia smiles as she says “He's so funny.” Noticing that she didn’t respond with any indication that she feels the same for him, Sydney asks “You're not gonna break his heart, though, right?” Nadia responds in surprise “Me?” Sydney explains “Eric's a friend. You know what I mean.” Nadia assures her “No, I like him, too” and then looks down in silence. Sydney presses her if she has any reservations to add about him, saying “But?” Nadia explains “But nothing.” Syd nods, and then both their cell phones ring. Nadia answers her phone saying “Hello”, while Sydney answers hers with “Yeah.” Nadia replies “Okay, I'll be there” while Sydney isn’t heard to say anything. After they both hang up their cell phones, Nadia says to Syd “We'll eat later.”

Entering through the APO secret entrance, Vaughn and Weiss are in the middle of a conversation. Vaughn asks “She compared you to ice cream?” Weiss replies “Yeah, Vanilla Swiss Almond, which is a really significant flavour” waving his hands for emphasis. Vaughn defensively replies “I'm not saying it's not.” Weiss continues enthusiastically “And then she said I'm like this big spoonful...” Vaughn turns his head to question his enthusiasm, saying incredulously “Which you took as a compliment?” Weiss explains “I take everything she says as a compliment. She's got that great accent. I don't know. I can't even look at this girl, she's so pretty! Man, I...” Cutting Weiss off, Vaughn cautions “Nadia's great. I know that, all right? But you might want to just consider taking it slow.” Hearing that causes Weiss to stops walking and shake his head in disbelief, saying “Whoa, whoa, whoa... What's with the warning?” Vaughn stops and turns to face him, explaining in exasperation “Sally Benson?” Chuckling momentarily as if that was a ridiculous comparison, Weiss replies defensively “Sally? That was a completely different story.” Shaking his head, Vaughn asks “How is that different? When it ended, you were all...weird.” Weiss has a look of astonishment as he asks “Weird how?” Vaughn points out “You were building ships in bottles. You built many, many ships in many bottles over many, many months.” Weiss replies defensively “That's called a hobby.” Making a disbelieving expression, Vaughn says incredulously “Hobby? You locked yourself in a closet for a month, and...” Cutting him off, Weiss points out “Tell me you don't still think about how I got those ships in the bottles. Vaughn shakes his head and says below his breath “Not listening...” but Sydney and Nadia walk up from around the corner with smiles beaming for them. Sydney greets them with “Hey!”, but her smile fades at sensing some tension. Nadia says “Hi!” to them with a smile, not detecting the tension. The two men smile and say “Hey” for them in return. Vaughn asks “What's going on?” Sydney explains “We got called in, but they've been in there all morning” looking over to Sloane's office. Sloane and Jack are seen having a serious discussion through the windows. Vaughn notes “Well, that's weird.” Weiss asks “What do you think it is?” Nadia replies “We don't know.” Seeing them headed towards the door, Vaughn announces “Here we go.”

The office door opens and Jack and Sloane walk out. Sydney looks at Jack expectantly, but he gives her a serious look as he and Sloane walks into the briefing room. Inside the briefing room, the APO team is gathered around the table as Sloane announces “As you know, my position here at APO is contingent upon an agreement I made with Director Chase's office last year. That agreement includes a short list of operatives with whom I am not authorized to engage, so that if a mission arose that involved any of these people, I am to immediately recuse myself. I am to step down. Well, that day has come.” Sydney raises her head with interest. Sloane continues “So, as of now, I am giving full operational authority over your next assignment to Jack Bristow. I would ask for your cooperation in not involving me at all. Good luck.” Everyone at the table exchange glances as Sloane leaves for his office. Weiss asks “So, what? He's not coming back?” Jack clarifies “When this matter is resolved, yes.” Vaughn wonders “If Sloane can't touch this case, then why did they assign it to his task force?” Jack explains “Because of Sydney.” Sydney and the others react with surprise. Jack adds “Our target is someone with whom several of you are quite familiar.” Sydney asks “Who is it?” Jack replies “Anna Espinosa.” Vaughn turns to look at Sydney. Sydney is shocked, saying with disbelief “I tho...She's supposed to be dead.” Jack explains “So are a lot of people.” Nadia turns to Sydney and asks “Who is she?” Syd explains “Former Soviet agent, raised in Cuba. Used to be K-Directorate.” Jack continues the briefing by informing them “Four days ago, our London listening post intercepted chatter about a dead drop from a suspected terrorist group. Satellite surveillance of the specified location revealed this...” Jack points a remote control at the bank of monitor to display a surveillance photo of Anna reaching into a trash can. Jack hands off the remote, saying “Marshall” to continue the briefing. Marshall takes the remote and says “Thank you... And congratulations on the, uh (temporary promotion).” Jack just stares at him. Marshall continues the briefing and shows a series of pictures onscreen, saying “Uh, now, I pulled the file on Ms. Espinosa. She specializes in close-quarter kills, strangulation, edge-weapons, guns, high-level theft, security breach...” Dixon cuts him off to add “She spent six years on Interpol's most wanted list.” Marshall corrects him “Six and a half, actually...Did the...” Looking at him, Dixon nods, signalling that he is correct and should continue with the briefing. Marshall continues “After she left K-Directorate, she went freelance. Worked for the highest bidder.” Marshall jokes “You know, you give her the dough, she'll give you the show.” Not getting a reaction, Marshall continues “Um, she's also associated with ... the Followers of Rambaldi” as he zooms in on the mark of Rambaldi on Anna's hand. Nadia looks uncomfortable with the reminder her connection to Rambaldi. Sydney notices, as Jack adds “Intel indicates Anna's making contact with an associate at Brunt Prundenzar (?) in Brussels (Belgium) 36 hours from now...” Nadia hurriedly announces “Excuse me” and walks out of the briefing room to sit at her desk. Jack who is still continuing “... concerning an assignment...” stops speaking as Nadia gets up and walks out. He, Syd and Weiss look at her in concern. Wanting to resume the briefing, Jack calls out “Sydney?” Syd turns her attention back to the meeting, saying “You want us to surveille the meet.” Jack replies “Yes. You, Dixon, and Marshall. Given your familiarity with Anna's methods, I want you to track her movements. Find out what the assignment is. If the opportunity presents itself, you're authorized to bring her in. The category of force you choose to exercise will remain classified.” Sydney looks at Jack earnestly as Dixon asks “When do we leave?” Jack replies “We're arranging a jet for this evening. You'll have 20 hours in-country to coordinate before the meet. That's all. As the meeting adjourns, Weiss catches up to Sydney, who is headed to check on her sister, and says in a hushed tone “What happened?” Syd replies quietly “I don't know” as she continues heading for Nadia. Weiss backs off to allow the sisters to talk in private. Nadia has her right hand to the bridge of her nose, looking downwards as Sydney approaches and asks “Are you okay?” Nadia looks up and explains “I got lightheaded.” Sydney suggests “We have a while before we have to leave. Do you want to grab something to eat?” Nadia smiles and nods “Sure.”

At a sunny outdoor café, Sydney recounts for Nadia “It was just me and Anna in the middle of the stadium. I have the key; she has the box. We needed to work together to get the code. But there she is right next to me. All I was thinking was, ‘I could take her out...right now. End it once and for all.’” Nadia understands and says “That wasn't your assignment.” Shaking her head, Sydney replies “Not that night. But I swore to myself if I ever had the chance again, I would not hesitate.” Nadia sympathises “This can't be easy for you.” Sydney tells her “I'm not worried about me. What's going on with you?” Nadia is hesitant to admit “I know only a few things ... about Rambaldi. I know he was a prophet, 15th century. I know my father was ... is ... I don't know, obsessed with him. Last year, when my father connected me with Rambaldi, I started to hallucinate. I saw something awful. Sounds and fast images, they went by quickly but ... there was one vision ... that felt so real. Sydney asks “What was it?” As Nadia explains, she becomes more upset saying “We were both together ... scared and upset, holding guns, aimed at each other. And I remember my hands were shaking ... and I pulled the trigger.” Sydney looks up at hearing this, but doesn't react. With tears welling up in her eyes, Nadia continues “Blood was pouring down your chest and ... I wanted to say I was sorry, but you just looked at me ... as if you'd been expecting it. As if you knew all along ... Knew I was going to kill you.” Sydney turns away to look down, with the awful realization that this is no mere dream. Nadia apologies “I know I must sound insane” and looks down, taking a sip from her beverage. Sydney hesitates before saying “Nadia, there's something I should have told you.” Nadia immediately looks up at her expectantly, but before Sydney can elaborate, a waiter interrupts “Miss Bristow? There's a call for you”, pointing towards the telephone.

Sydney crosses the café and says “Hi” to the hostess. The hostess hands her the phone, saying “Here you go.” Sydney takes the call, saying “Hello?” After a few second’s pause, Anna Espinosa’s accented voice says “Hello, Sydney.” Sydney’s demeanor turns cold and she replies “Anna.” Anna instructs her “Turn around.” As Sydney turns around, she is stunned to see Anna smiling, sitting beside a frightened Nadia at the table. Anna warns “I'd advise against any action. My associates wouldn't like that.” Looking down, Sydney sees six red targeting lasers dots gather at the middle of her chest. She looks up at the rooftops in front of her, but she doesn’t spot any of the snipers. Anna explains “There's something I need you to do for me, Sydney.” Sydney stares at her with trepidation, as Anna explains with satisfaction “I must say, I have been looking forward to working with you again.”

A short time later, Sydney bursts into Jack’s office with a concerned expression to tell him, breathlessly “Anna has Nadia.” Jack has a startled expression as she tells him “She knew she was going to be intercepted in Brussels, so she took her. If I don't do what she says ... Dad, she's going to kill my sister.”

We see Dixon hurrying past Sloane's office as Sloane dejectedly stands at the window watching the flurry of activity. It’s obvious that he knows something is going on and feels isolated. He sees Vaughn and Weiss also walking briskly into the briefing room. When Jack steps out of his office, he makes eye contact with Sloane, indicating something bad has happened. Sloane has a worried expression as Jack joins the others in the briefing room, having realised that the meeting is starting without Nadia.

Inside the briefing room, Jack explains to the gloomy team “If we don't meet her demands, Anna Espinosa claims she'll kill Nadia. We have 18 hours to comply.” Vaughn asks him “What are her demands? Sydney replies “She wants me to take the meet in Brussels posing as her. I'm to retrieve a package from a man named Milos Sabine. If I deliver it to her -- a boutique in Beverly Hills -- by a specified time, she claims she'll let Nadia go.” Jack takes action and assigns the team their assignments. Pointing at his daughter, Jack instructs her “Sydney, scrap the surveillance op in Brussels. Get with Marshall to coordinate your new parameters. You're going in as Anna Espinosa.” Syd nods and leaves the table. Pointing to Vaughn, Jack orders him “Dig up everything you can about Sabine. Business associates, last known whereabouts...the works.” Vaughn leaves the room to do his research. Turning to Weiss, Jack tells him “Coordinate with Langley. We'll need total satellite coverage of the meeting point.” Weiss nods, then leaves the room to do his assignment. Looking at Dixon, Jack instructs him “I want sniper teams and full ground support ready to go.” Dixon nods and replies “On it.” Jack calls out to everyone “Wheels up within the hour.”

Nighttime in Brussels, Belgium, Sydney walking in a park as she reports via com-link “Approaching the Metro station.” Vaughn radios back “Do you see anyone?” Looking at an old man sitting on a bench, Syd replies “White male, late 70s.” From inside a surveillance van, Vaughn, who is sitting next to Dixon in front of a monitor, notes “There's no photo on his file, but based on the date of birth, this could be our guy (Sabine).” Sydney sits down next to the man on the bench and imitating Anna’s accent, says “This time of year does terrible things to my hair.” Having heard the proper pass phrase, the man looks up and turns to her, saying “Miss Espinosa. How I wish that I were younger.” Sydney asks “Do you have the package?” Sabine replies “What your associates have requested of me is, uhm...highly valuable. I will...like to make sure that I get my money's worth. Are you prepared to ... reach ... your end?” Sydney assures him “I'm always prepared ... once apprised of the specifics.” Sabine explains “Thirty minutes ago, a man entered the hotel Metropol. He is currently enjoying a 17 year old scotch in the bar located in the west lobby of the hotel. The man's name is Willem Karg. Sabine pulls out a photo, saying “This is the man. The man you are to kill.” Sydney looks up, but conceals her surprise as Sabine continues “I will require photographic evidence of his corpse, plus, what I understand is...your keepsake -- his right index finger. I will be sitting on this bench for the next 40 minutes. Return within that time and you will get your package. After that ... I will not be sitting in this bench.” Sydney looks away, thinking about what to do, however Sabine emphasizes the limited time by saying “Tick tock, Miss Espinosa.”

A short time later in the surveillance van, Vaughn looks at the computer screen and announces “Hotel Metropol's seven blocks away.” Dixon notes “We have 32 minutes.” Standing behind them, Sydney com-links “Marshall, how are you doing on Karg? Do you have anything on him yet?” Looking at Karg's file on his computer, Marshall replies “On its way.” He looks concerned as he adds “It's a...rather large file.” Inside the van, Dixon announces “We got it.” Looking at the computer file, Sydney notes “This guy's wanted in 4 different countries.” Vaughn adds “Money laundering, kidnapping, conspiracy.” Sydney continues “Affiliations: Russian and Chinese organized crime syndicates. Known associates: Anton Matteo and Peter Giger.” Vaughn notes “Solicitation for prostitution, three charges. This guy's got a real thing for hookers.” Sydney turns to Vaughn suddenly with an idea and says “Wait.” She removes her coat and then rips off the sleeves and bodice of her dress. The lower tier of her dress conveniently tears off, leaving a symmetrical mini dress. Grabbing a bottle of water from beside the computer keyboard, Syd wets her hair with it. Moments later, Sydney exits the back of the van in her improvised, tight black mini dress with a deep scooped neckline. With her hair slicked back, provocative dress and strutting walk, Sydney has made herself looks like a high-priced callgirl.

Inside the hotel, Dixon enters the lobby as Sydney, standing at the front desk has the clerk check her in. The clerk hands her a pair of room keys, saying in a Flemish accent “There you are, ma'am, Room 1132. Two keys. Will you be needing help with any bags?” Holding one set of room keys behind her back, Syd hands it off to Dixon as he passes by. In a French accent, Sydney replies “No thank you. I'm travelling light.”

Sydney stops at the entrance of the hotel bar and looks for her man, Karg. Having spotted him alone at a table having a drink of Scotch (?), she approaches him tentatively, saying “Willem?” Karg looks at her, then replies in Germanic accented English “Ya?” Sydney smiles shyly and then says with difficulty “Do you know...how...hard...it has been...to find you?” Leaning forward, Karg puts on the charm, saying “If I knew you were looking, I'd have made it...a lot easier.” Siting down at his table, Syd tells him “Matteo said you were not...drinking anymore, you bad boy. I won't tell Matteo.” She shakes her head and stares at him provocatively. Smiling warily, Karg asks “How do you know my business partner?” Leaning back seductively, Sydney teases “Who do you think...sent me to you? I am Matteo's early birthday present.” Smiling, Karg raises an eyebrow and replies with interest “Really?” and then takes another sip of Scotch. Sydney continues “He wouldn't tell me how old you were. He knows I don't usually ... work...with older men.” Karg chuckles in surprised amusement. Syd adds “You don't seem so old.” Karg jokes “Thank you so much.” Sydney smiles slyly and then holds up her room key. Jangling it, she says provocatively “We have a room. Shall we?” Karg responds “So it's...Happy Birthday to me, ja?”

Sydney opens the door and enters her hotel room with Karg right behind her, stroking her arms, saying “Great, beautiful...arms ... I love...arms.” Sydney leads him away from the door as he nibbles at her neck. Looking back up, Karg is stunned to see Vaughn standing in the corner and Dixon rising up from behind a chair. Karg demands “Hey what...what is this?” Sydney rushes to close and lock the door, saying “It's your lucky day.” Walking towards him, Vaughn adds “You get to live.” Dixon grabs Karg from behind and explains “But we're going to need that ring...” Sydney adds as a mater of fact “And the finger it's on.” Karg struggles and demands “Wait! What's happening?” Vaughn holds Karg down, allowing Dixon to get something from the floor. Dixon explains “There are people out there who want you dead. Fortunately for you, we're not them.” Sydney readies a champagne ice bucket as Vaughn forces Karg to sit on a chair and instructs him “When this is over, you're going to walk out of this hotel and disappear.” Sydney adds “You’ll thank us for it later.” Karg angrily asks “What are you doing?” as Sydney forces his right hand into the ice bucket.

At a secret location, Nadia is sitting bound to an arm chair by her hands and chest. She looks apprehensive, turning towards Anna when she hears her say “You look like her...your mother.” Nadia defiantly says “Don't waste your time trying to scare me.” Studying her for a few moments, Anna is amused to say “You are scared.” She walks up and touches Nadia's hair as if she considers her to be a frightened little girl rather than a worthy opponent, saying “I would be scared, too...if I did not understand what this was all about.” Anna walks away and picks up a wooden handle and metal shaft from a table. After a moment, Nadia says “She told me about you...Sydney. I know enough.” Anna smiles momentarily as she screws the metal shaft into the handle and then says “Your sister -- she's a curse.” Nadia turns in surprise to look at her. Anna continues “You see what happens, don't you? To everyone she loves.” Nadia turns away with tears welling up in her eyes as if to avoid what Anna is saying. Anna continues “One day, you will be asked to pay the price ... Today...you will feel a little bit of that” and ominously ignites a Meeker burner. Nadia turns to see the blue flame of the Meeker burner and then her face changes with the realisation of what Anna intends to do.

Back in Sydney’s hotel room, Karg pleads “Please, please! There must be another way, please!” Dixon announces “We've got nine minutes left.” Karg screams “Don’t do it!” Vaughn instructs Syd “Keep him quiet.” Dixon says “Yeah” and passes her a washcloth. Karg begs her “Please”, but Sydney instructs him “Bite this, bite this.” Turning to Vaughn, she asks “You got it, Vaughn?” Vaughn readies a large pair of bolt cutters. Trying to get Karg's attention, Syd instructs him “Look at me...look at me ... Look at me...look at me.” Nodding to Vaughn to do it, she says one more time “Look at me.” Vaughn snips off Karg's finger, who immediately falls to the floor, writhing in agony. Sydney has a horrified look on her face before rushing to get a plastic bag. Dixon picks up the finger with a washcloth and hands it to Sydney, who puts it in the plastic bag. Vaughn rolls Karg onto his back and wraps a hand towel around the injured hand. Dixon bends down over Karg and dips a cotton swab into bottle of dark paint. Karg writhes and groans “What are you people doing?” Vaughn instructs him “Don't move” as Dixon applies the simulated bullet wound with the swab onto Karg's forehead. Dixon pours some fake blood around the bullet hole, then scatters ice from the champagne bucket on Karg and the floor as if he dipped the bucket as he died. Satisfied with the effect, Vaughn signals Sydney to take a Polaroid photo of the ‘corpse’.

A short time later at the park bench, Sabine holds the photo and says with admiration “Your reputation is well-earned. I still wish I were younger.” Looking coldly at him, Sydney hands Sabine the plastic bag with Karg's finger and ring. He looks inside and makes a ‘Hmm” sound. Looking back up at her, Sabine says “You should let your associates know that this is the last remaining sample.” He hands her a circular tin, approximately 2 ½ inches in diameter. Sabine adds “They should treat is as if it were sacred.” Sydney replies “Absolutely.” Sabine chuckles, then gets up and walks away. Sydney then reports via her com-link “I've got it. I'm on my way.”

Back at the secret location, Anna is heating the branding iron with the Meeker burner. As she removes it from the flame, she says to Nadia “This...is a gift...from me...to you...to Sydney.” Nadia has tears in her eyes as Anna reaches over and pushes her hair away from her neck. Anna ominously says “Every time...she looks at you...” A henchman comes up from behind and holds Nadia's head in place. Anna continues “...I want her to think of me. And one day, whether you choose to or not, you will help me destroy her.” Anna then brands the back of Nadia’s neck with the mark of the Eye of Rambaldi, causing her to scream in agony.

Inside his lab, Marshall tells Jack and Vaughn “The lab confirmed ... It's the Dante compound -- a super-rare, phosphorus-based putty. But it's...not the...same kind of putty you’d use on a newspaper to copy Beetle Bailey...out of...you ever do that with...?” Jack stares impatiently while Vaughn stares with exasperation. Marshall continues “Anyway, it's completely harmless on its own, but when mixed with certain nerve agents -- VX gas in particular -- Bouyaka! It mutates the neurotoxins, causing them to self-replicate at a rate that would be like, historic.” Vaughn says “We'll have to secure all laboratories that manufacture VX.” Jack asks Marshall “How long would it take you to construct a fake?” Marshall looks up in surprise and says in a worried tone “A fake? What, you mean like something that would actually pass as the real thing?” Jack points out “Sydney's meeting with Anna in 30 minutes. Turning this over to her is not the ideal option. Can you do it?” Marshall immediately replies “No, absolutely not, no” shaking his head emphatically. Jack cocks his head as he stares at Marshall. Marshall admits “Okay, probably. But listen, one more thing. I know this isn't, you know, like my province, but ... I think I have an idea who Anna's working for. There's this fringe terrorist cell called the Cadmus Revolutionary Front. Vaughn nods, saying “Yeah, they're former Covenant.” Marshall replies “Right, so I don't have to tell you how...” looking at Jack “Do you...?” Jack impatiently assures him “Yes, I know who they are.” Marshall continues “Well, it turns out the CRF? They've been trying to acquire the Dante Compound for over a year. I think they're trying to build a chemical bomb.” Vaughn informs them “I read the Echelon report on the CRF. We don't know what their agenda is.” Jack decides “Then we need to increase our knowledge base. Figure a way to penetrate the CRF and determine their motives.” Marshall points out “Well, we actually have somebody in custody with CRF connections, considering their Covenant ties and all.” Vaughn rolls his eyes and looks away, understanding who Marshall means, saying “Oh, God.” Jack turns in wonder at Vaughn’s reaction.

Later in Jack's office, an angry Sydney tells her father “If we give Anna a fake, she will kill Nadia. You know that.” Jack counters her with “Turning over the compound would be irresponsible, not to mention unnecessary.” Sydney insists “My responsibility is to get Nadia back. Safe, alive! Overhearing their conversation upon entering the office, Sloane says “He's right, Sydney.” Astonished, Sydney turns to him, saying “What are you talking about? I'm trying to save your daughter! Sloane explains “Giving Anna the compound is an unnecessary risk.” Incredulous, Sydney asks “Unnecessary?” Sloane assures Syd “She won't kill her. It's not her destiny.” Sydney angrily says “Please tell me this is not about what I think it is.” Sloane replies with certainty “If you had faith, you would know what I know.” Jack stares at their debate, impassively. Sydney scoffs “Faith in a 15th Century lunatic?” Turning to Jack, Syd says “Dad, please tell me Rambaldi is not dictating procedures.” Glancing at Sloane momentarily, Sydney continues “He has no authority here, and I know Anna better than anyone. That's why you chose me for this mission.” She implores “Dad, please, I need to get my sister back.” Jack looks troubled, but he reluctantly agrees by nodding. Sydney is relieved and says “Thank you.” Sydney glances at Sloane as she leaves the room. Sloane stares at Jack, icily. Jack looks up and says “You shouldn't be here, Arvin.” Sloane continues his icy stare.

Vaughn is walking along one of the APO corridors when Sydney crosses his path, greeting him with “Hey.” He replies “Hey.” Sydney asks “Where're you going?” Avoiding her question, he says “I'll tell you later. When's the meet with Anna?” After a momentary pause, Syd replies “Now.” Vaughn assures her “Nadia's going to be okay.” Sydney nods, then admits “I just want the ghosts to go away.” Vaughn responds cryptically “Tell me about it” and hurries away. Sydney watches him leave, wondering about what is bothering him, then sets off for her own appointment.

A short time later at a fashionable boutique in Beverly Hills, Sydney enters and browses the store until she spots Anna Espinosa. Syd walks up to a rack of dresses and hands her purse over to Anna, saying “Here.” Anna takes the purse and slings it over her shoulder, saying “Nice work.” Surprised that she doesn’t even bother checking if it has the tin of Dante compound inside, Sydney asks “You're not even going to look at it?” Taking a dress off the rack to examine, Anna replies “I trust you. You wouldn't try to deceive me, would you?” She hangs the dress back and walks away. Sydney follows her to another rack and demands “Where's my sister?” Browsing through more dresses, Anna shows her a car door remote control. Handing it to her, she says “Wait five minutes after my exit, then go to the 4th floor of the parking structure across the street...” Anna turns toward Sydney and snidely adds “...or my friends will blow a hole in your heart”, rubbing her hand on where her henchmen would shoot. Annoyed, Sydney warns her “Get your hands off me.” In mock affection, Anna tells her “It was nice getting to know your sister” stroking her index finger down the side of Sydney's face. As Anna turns to walk away, the incensed Sydney punches her face with a right fist. Anna blocks Syd’s second right handed attempt, and counters with a left knee to Syd’s ribs, sending her stumbling backwards. Sydney catches Anna’s right punch and throws a right handed counterpunch that gets blocked. Syd throw a left punch, that Anna sidesteps and counters with a right elbow jab to Syd’s gut. Sydney gasps and doubles over, which leaves her exposed Anna’s right sidekick to the chest. Sydney falls back into the wall display and drops to the floor, stunned. Fortunately for Syd, a store detective rushes to subdue Anna, but as he grabs her, Anna stuns him with a right elbow jab to the stomach. Sydney recovers on the floor as Anna hit the store detective across the throat with her right forearm, then throw him to the floor. Sydney rushes forward with a left kick to Anna’s head. Her follow up left kick to Anna’s right side gets blocked and Anna counters with her own left kick to Syd’s stomach. Sydney blocks Anna’s right punch towards her head, and counter punches Anna’s stomach with a right, then follows up with a jumping right elbow to Anna’s face. As Anna stumbles back, Sydney runs up and onto a display case to deliver a flying right footed kick to Anna’s jaw, knocking down a mannequin as she falls to the floor. With blood running from the corner of her mouth, Anna sees and grabs the car door remote control. Sydney rushes forward to grab Anna, but Anna jabs her in the ribs with the right arm of the fallen mannequin. She gets up and swings it like a baseball bat at Sydney, but Sydney ducks the swing and does a spinning whip kick with her right leg to Anna’s head, knocking her onto a display case. As Syd rushes forward, Anna throws a backhanded punch at her, but Sydney grabs Anna's arm and twists it behind, and shoves her face onto the display case. The store detective uses his radio and calls for help, saying “Dispatch, I need backup.” Sydney reluctantly releases Anna's arm and turns to the store detective, saying “She can have the blouse.” Syd walks across the room, picks up her handbag containing the Dante compound, and straightens her jacket. Anna shows her that she has the car remote control. So they silently exchange the items once more and leave the store.

Sydney rushes through the parking garage level as Anna instructed, pressing the remote control’s button over and over, trying to find the car that will respond to it. Eventually a car sounds its response from behind her. She runs up to the car and looks in the windows, before using the remote control to open the trunk. Inside, she finds Nadia lying bound and gagged, looking up, relieved to see her. Syd flips open a switchblade, cuts Nadia's bonds and removes her gag. Nadia climbs out of the trunk. They embrace and Sydney asks “Are you okay?” Nadia doesn't reply, but holds Syd in relief and gratitude.

Daytime in an undisclosed federal penitentiary, Vaughn is being led by a guard through a seemingly empty cellblock. Arriving at the cell that he’s seeking, Vaughn tells the guard “Open it up.” The guard objects “Procedure dictates...” Vaughn cuts him off, saying “We're old friends.” Sitting on his cot with his back against the wall, Sark wearily comments “Actually, given our shared intimacies with your late wife, I may even go so far as to say that we're family. The guard buzzes opens the door and Vaughn steps inside with a contemptuous look for Sark. Apparently Sark doesn’t fear him because he says with irony “Mr. Vaughn, your timing is impeccable. The last of my broken bones has finally healed and I sit before you a fresh canvas for your aggression. But before we begin whatever inquisition you're here for, there is a pesky question that's been lingering in my head. Do you mind?” Vaughn shrugs and says “Go ahead.” Sark looks him in the eyes and says “Was it the infidelity ... or the espionage that motivated you to kill the woman I loved?” Vaughn snorts and says with astonishment “The woman you loved?” Sark replies in earnest “Yes ... Loved ... You know, she once actually told me that she longed to love you ... But the mundane existence you provided couldn't hold a candle to my passion.” Suddenly, Vaughn punches Sark’s face with a left fist. Watching Sark doubled over from the sucker punch, Vaughn explains “That wasn't for sleeping with the woman I was married to. I couldn't care less about her.” Still bent over, Sark asks “Then what, the torture?” Vaughn coldly explains “This is how it's gonna be...and I'm only going to give you one shot at this. The CRF -- they've hired Anna Espinosa. They're building a bomb. Why have they made repeated attempts to contact you?” Straightening back up, Sark says “So it's begun.” Vaughn asks “What has?” Sark smugly replies “Wouldn't you like to know?” Vaughn informs him “Well, you're gonna tell me what they're planning and where they're located. And if you're fishing for some kind of pardon agreement, it's not in the cards. But I am willing to provide you with certain amenities that will make your life in confinement a little more comfortable.” Sark belittles him with “I see your bargaining skills have gone the way of your manhood.” Vaughn warns him “Let me rephrase that. I'd be willing to leave you with what you already have and not make your life more uncomfortable.” Looking at his surroundings for moment, Sark replies “I don't see that there's much left to take away.” Vaughn warns him further “You stonewall me, and I'll have you shipped to Alder Penitentiary. And I'll have you secured in darkened solitary till the end days ... 24/7 in a pitch black cell with zero human contact is a slow way to die. Especially with all the demons you've got in your closet. And believe me, they will come knocking.” After a moment, Sark says with bravado “I regret to inform you, Mr. Vaughn ... I'm not afraid of the dark.” Vaughn nods in understanding, then gets up and sighs, nodding to the guard that he’s ready to leave. Vaughn turns to Sark, snorts then says “You should be (afraid). I'm having you transferred to Alder tonight.” Vaughn leaves the cell and walks down the hallway, leaving Sark to ponder his fate. Vaughn leaves the cellblock and walks around the corner to where Jack is waiting. Jack asks “How did he respond?” Vaughn replies tersely “As expected.” Jack tells him “We'll send in the surgical team this evening”, to which Vaughn nods.

Daytime at the APO, Weiss is headed for the secret entrance, but comes to a stop at the admissions desk upon seeing Sydney and Nadia slowly walking up the entrance tunnel. Sydney stops, allowing Nadia to walk forward to meet him alone. Weiss walks forward quickly with concern in his eyes to meet her. Meeting face to face, Weiss asks “What did she do to you?” Nadia replies softly “I'll be okay.” Looking intently at her, Weiss asks “You sure?” She replies “Mm-hmm. I should go.” Nadia turns to look back, signalling Sydney to rejoin her. Syd smiles weakly and escorts Nadia onward. Weiss looks a bit disappointed. The sisters walk on to the end of the tunnel where Sloane is now waiting. Nadia walks up to her father, gives him a weak smile and says softly “Hey.” Sloane gently strokes his right hand on the side of Nadia's face, softly saying “I'm so glad you're all right.” Looking over to Syd, he says with gratitude “Thank you, Sydney.” Staring icily at him, Sydney coldly says “The doctor's waiting.” Sloane and then Nadia look disappointed that she’d be hostile at this time.

Examining the Rambaldi brand on the back of Nadia’s neck, Dr. Jain comments “The tissue in the scorched region’s completely macerated, so we'll have to graft new skin.” Coming to face her, the doctor assures Nadia “But we can fix this.” Nadia replies “Thank you.” Dr. Jain tells her “I'll be back in a minute to dress it for you.” Sydney enters as Dr. Jain leaves, explaining to Nadia “We're gonna find Anna. We know who she's working for now. We're tracking her down.” Nadia has a concerned expression as she tells Syd “She said things ... about us. That we'll be torn apart. What does that mean?” Sydney looks down, as if reluctant to tell her what she knows.

A short time later, Nadia with her burned neck bandaged, sits at Sydney’s desk listening to her explain “When Mom died, I requested clearance to her files ... I got it. There was an audio tape, surveillance from a hotel in Hamburg. She was talking to a man, his voice was never identified. She was describing the symbology of this...” Sydney pulls up a picture file onto her laptop computer screen, and continues “... the Mark of Rambaldi. She said the outer markings represent her two daughters. The center is the object over which they will do great battle ... with each other.” Nadia looks up from the screen in surprise at Sydney. Syd adds “Those were her words. Shaking her head slightly, Sydney then sadly says “And then Mom went quiet ... It...it was almost as if the next part were too painful.” Seeing her sister’s reluctance to continue, Nadia urges her “Tell me.” Sydney explains her reluctance, saying “Nadia, it's insane.” That only intrigues Nadia more, so she presses further “What?” Sydney tells her “According to Rambaldi, only one of the daughters will survive.” Nadia turns away, so Syd adds “I'm not gonna lie to you. Some of the predictions Rambaldi made have come true ... So if...if you wanna go back...” Cutting her off, Nadia says incredulously “To Argentina? Do you believe in all this? Rambaldi?” Sydney has a sad expression and shakes her head as she says “No ... But the people who do are dangerous. They're zealots who will stop at nothing to make their visions into reality. Nadia replies “Are you kidding me? Change my life because some...freakshow made a prediction 400 years ago? Anna contrived to tear us apart ... To make some ridiculous prediction come true ... But we're together now.” Sydney looks like she is touched.

It is nighttime as a ceiling air vent makes a slight hissing sound. Below it, Sark is sleeping soundly on his cot. He doesn’t react as the lights turn on and three men with gas masks approach his cell. The taller man opens the door for the second man, who brings in a chair from the corridor into the cell for the shorter man to use as a table. The shorter man is Marshall, who places his carrying case onto the chair and removes a hypodermic injection gun. He passes it to the second man (who is apparently the doctor) who loads a red illuminated pellet into the gun. Marshall opens his laptop computer and keys in the program to activate the hypodermic device. The computer beeps and the screen indicates ‘Countdown Activated.’ Marshall looks to the man to signal that the device is ready. The doctor injects the pellet into Sark's neck, who doesn’t react. Having accomplished their task, Marshall packs up and leaves the cell, with the second man following. The first man takes the chair from the cell, replacing it back into the corridor and closes the door.

Sometime later, Vaughn reports “Sark's being transferred to Alder (Penitentiary) tonight.” Looking away at his desktop computer to Vaughn, Marshall replies “Good, because the tracking device is in. That anaesthetic gas? Totally knocked Sark out. Didn't know what hit him.” Checking his watch, Vaughn asks “How many hours until the delayed activator goes hot?” Marshall replies “Twenty-four. Oh, and if the CRF tries to run a counter-surveillance sweep on Sark? No detecto. That's not the only modification that Mr. Bristow authorized.” Searching through his desk, Marshall says with pride “Now, the tracker is packed with a high-density explosive. Marshall shows a small remote detonator to Vaughn and extends its telescopic antenna, saying “Just enough to blow off his melon if he goes off book.” Vaughn nods, so Marshall lowers the antenna and hands the remote to him. Marshall adds with a smile “You mess with a friend of Flinkman? You're messing with Flinkman.” Vaughn complements him “Good job, Marshall.”

Sometime later, Sark is in shackles being led by armed US Marshals to a prisoner transport van. He is the only one in the windowless prisoner section. The doors are locked and the van leaves the prison. From inside the prisoner section, Sark hears one of the guards radio “This transport team Alpha. We have secured the prisoner and we are in route. ETA 0600.” Control radios back “Copy that, Alpha.” Just then, an accelerating car squealing its tires is heard, followed by a burst of automatic gunfire and the sound of a tire leaking air. The van rocks and Sark is thrown against the wall, then to the floor. There is a mixture of automatic gunfire and single shots heard in what sounds like a fierce firefight. The sound of the van swerving side to side is heard as Sark is thrown about and a guard frantically calls out “Put your head down. Three vehicles in pursuit!” More gunshots are heard and then another tire hisses. Sark holds onto the right bench as the van flips to the left over on its side. Sark loses him grip and drops hard to the to what was the left side. Several shotgun blasts are heard and then the van’s horn blares. The back door opens and an apparently injured man, who is dressed in dark clothes and a knit cap, standing in the pouring rain says in a Russian accent “Come with me!” and tosses a set of keys to Sark. Sark sees that he is carrying a MP5 submachine gun. The man urges him “Come on!” Sark notices a dead accomplice hanging from a car’s driver’s side open door.

The man urges “Quickly! Go!” as they run from the back of the van towards the man’s vehicle up front. Sark sees the bodies of two other dead accomplices laying near a flipped over motorcycle. The man heads for his Jeep/SUV and urges Sark “Get in back! There is change of clothes!” The man starts the engine and they drive away. Back inside the prisoner transport van, the driver suddenly opens his eyes. Sark’s escape has been a trick by APO!

Jack in his office doing paperwork when he hears a knock at the door. Sydney pokes her head into the office and asks “You got a minute?” Seeing her father nod, Syd takes a seat and tells him “We picked up chatter on a meet schedule between the CRF and an administrator at the Shilanost Chemical labs in Estonia ... Jan Vorich. Jack notes “Shilanost was a Soviet run facility. Marginal security at best. Theft of a level 4 toxin could go unnoticed there for years.” Sydney realises “It's probably just a meet, but ... If Anna's there, this would be our best shot at getting her back in our sights.” Jack pauses to think about their options, then stands up with his decision, saying “Take Nadia with you. Observation only. If Vorich has a sample of VX, I want you to find out where it is.” Concerned about the temptation to take on Anna, Jack emphasizes “This is a surveillance, ... not a boxing match ... Can I trust you to maintain your professionalism? Sydney admits “She brings out the worst in me, Dad, but...Yes, of course. Syd gets up, but looks troubled, which Jack immediately notices. He asks in concern “What is it?” Sydney has a regretful expression before saying “Anna never checked the sample (Dante compound). Pausing for a moment, Jack decides to console her by saying “Marshall said he couldn't have made a good fake anyway.” Shaking her head, Sydney admits “You were right, Dad. I was stubborn. I'm sorry.” Jack won’t let her torment herself with second guessing by noting “You trusted your instincts to ensure the safe return of a fellow agent ... A member of your family, and you succeeded.” Sydney looks at Jack with an expression that is a mixture of gratitude for his paternal comforting and sadness that she was correct in her self assessment.

Elsewhere, it is still pouring rain as the Jeep/SUV carrying Sark pulls to a stop behind a sport motorcycle parked in a vacant location. The man tells Sark “Take the motorcycle. Get yourself to CRF headquarters.” Sark has changed out of his orange prison jumpsuit to black street clothes and black leather jacket. Sark asks the man “What about you? The man snaps “Follow protocol! Go!” Sark gets out of the van and trots to the motorcycle, with the man watching him like a hawk. Astride on the motorcycle, Sark puts on the helmet and speeds off in the rain. The man’s Russian accent is replaced with an American one as he radios “Tango is in motion.” Over the radio, Jack is heard to say “Copy that. Good work!”

Sometime later in the APO briefing room, Jack tells the Vaughn and Marshall “In the next 24 hours, Sark should lead us to CRF headquarters. We'll put a tactical team on stand-by. For now, we wait.” After a moment, Marshall meekly asks “Who wants to order Chinese (food)? I'm starving.” Jack and Vaughn stare at him in silence. Marshall continues “Thai? Indian?”

Sydney is walking down the corridor and passes in front of Sloane’s office, when he rushes out to ask in concern “Sydney? You and your sister? Are you going after Anna?” She gets an irritated expression as she stops to tell without facing him “This is highly inappropriate. Excuse me.” She continues to walk away, but Sloane follows her, saying “Come on, Sydney, you know of Anna's beliefs.” Reluctantly, she stops and turns to face him. Sloane continues “You know the lengths she'll go to see them realized. Sydney is irritated with him as she says “You want to talk about beliefs? This is something you want to discuss?” Syd steps closer and says softly “From where I'm standing, it was your madman obsession with Rambaldi that dragged both me and Nadia into this endless pit of confusion. So, given that, let me ask you. What is it you believe?” Pausing a moment, Sloane replies “I believe that if the two of you go out on this mission, and Anna Espinosa has her way..” Fighting to retain his composure, he continues “...that only one of you will return home ... alive.” Sydney gives him a troubled look and walks away, leaving Sloane to worry alone.

Nighttime at the APO briefing room. The team, minus Sloane, Syd and Nadia, are sitting at the table with empty cartons of Chinese food, waiting for Sark’s location to be revealed. Weiss points to the wall of monitors and impatiently complains “Okay, it's been 24 hours. Sark's tracker is still dark.” Marshall is typing into his laptop computer, as he replies “I know. I'm checking the satellite, making sure it's not off-line.” Leaning on the table with his hands, Weiss asks “You sure you did the insertion properly?” Reacting as if Weiss said something ridiculous, Marshall dismissively replies “Come on, it's me.” Jack emphasizes to him “I can't stress how critical it is we locate CRF headquarters.” Irritated, Marshall complains “I know, all right? Why is everybody picking on me?” Weiss sighs in frustration and pushes himself away from the table. Marshall continues “Seriously! It's hard work.” Looking at the incoming transmission on his laptop, Marshall announces “Okay, I got it. It's hot.” Typing in to the laptop, he mutters “Let’s see...” The wall monitors then display the images from Marshall’s laptop and he announces “They are in South Africa ... Johannesburg ... 658 Kroner Street, to be exact.” Dixon announces “Let's move, people!”

A short time later, Jack is walking by Sloane's office and sees him make eye contact with him. Jack slows down and looks around, before walking in, realizing that he is going to be breaking the rules about leaving Sloane out. Jack walks up and informs him “Sydney and Nadia are in Estonia pursuing Anna. Dixon is leading a team to Johannesburg to raid CRF headquarters...” Jack optimistically adds “This should all be over soon.” Sloane replies softly “Thank you.” Jack leaves and we Sloane's concerned expression about what he warned Sydney of.

Nighttime at a warehouse in Johannesburg. Dixon tells his strike team “Maintain your perimeter cover points. We need to lock this building down tight.” Weiss adds “No one slips out. We'd rather take home data on CRF , not prisoners.” Dixon urges “Let's go. Go, go, go, go.” The team enter the building, MP5 submachine guns equipped with flashlights at the ready. Vaughn, Weiss and another agent find the first area is deserted. Dixon peeks into the room to inform them “I've got something. Dixon rushes down a hallway to lead the strike team to a locked door. He signals a man with a battering ram to break down the door. The team storm what turns out to be a cafeteria, but there is only one man sitting on a table inside. Vaughn looks disappointed to see their flashlights reveal that it is Sark waiting to greet them with a bottle of champagne. Sark says “Gentlemen” and pops the cork off the bottle. He continues sarcastically “Were you expecting a bigger party?” and takes a swig of champagne. Vaughn angrily says “This isn't CRF headquarters!” Mocking his rival, Sark comments “You're a genius.” Vaughn demands “Where are we?” Sark replies “Nowhere...in particular, and that's the truth. Just a nice place for a chat.” Vaughn turns off the targeting light and lowers his submachine gun, then approaches him. Sark chastises “Really, Michael ... don't look so shocked. You couldn't have had such low expectations of me?” Rising from the table top to meet Vaughn face to face, Sark continues “Now...with regards to your previous request, I will help you locate CRF leadership. But, as always, you must do something for me in return.” Puzzled, Vaughn asks “Why the charade? If you were going to cooperate, why run at all?” Smirking, Sark replies “For the bubbly (champagne), of course” and takes another swig of champagne. Vaughn rolls his eyes in the direction of Dixon.

Nighttime in Estonia, Sydney and Nadia are waiting in the dark inside a room at Shilanost Chemical, sitting on the floor. Nadia comments “We're early.” Sydney jokes “Who says girls can't make it anywhere on time?” The two sisters smile at each other. Syd tells her “Get comfortable (for the wait)” but the elevator in the hall dings, signalling someone is arriving on that floor. The sisters give each other a look surprise and then turn to look at the elevator. A man exits one of the elevators and Nadia comments “Vorich.” Sydney replies “All right, one down, one to go. Where are you, Anna? Come on.” Vorich walks down a hallway while Sydney and Nadia shadow him from inside the room. They stop to watch, crouched behind a window as Vorich checks his watch. A shadow from behind a sheet of polyethylene appears, and Anna reaches out to garrote Vorich. Sydney tells Nadia “Let's take her.” But from behind them, Anna’s henchman calls out “Bad idea.” The sisters rise and turn to see a man pointing a semi-automatic pistol at them. The henchman tells Nadia “I was hoping we could spend a little more time together.” As he is completing his boast, Nadia boots kicks the gun out of his hand with football-style front kick with her right foot. Sydney follows up with a with a right sidekick to the chest, sending the man tumbling to the floor. Syd turns and sees Anna watching her while taking a small gas cylinder from inside Vorich's coat and placing it into her own jacket. Sydney calls out to Nadia “Vorich had the VX gas with him.” Nadia urges her to pursue Anna by saying “Go!” Sydney runs off after Anna who is fleeing at the end of the corridor. The henchman rises to his feet with his pistol, but Nadia grabs his gun and wrestles for control of it. The henchman uses his size advantage to press her back against a wall stud and tries to point the muzzle at her. Nadia manages to flip the magazine ejection lever, which causes the clip of bullet to drop to the floor. With one live bullet left in the chamber, Nadia knees him to gains control of the pistol with her right hand, but the henchman forces her arm to the right, causing her to waste the bullet shooting a security camera mounted on the wall. She drives him back with left fist to the stomach.

Elsewhere in the building, Sydney points her pistol around a corner, fearing that Anna is waiting for her. But Anna is running down a flight of stairs. Sydney chase her, one flight behind.

Back upstairs, Nadia tries to pistol-whip the henchman, but he grabs her wrist and knocks it away. She hits him with a reverse left elbow to the head and then a jumping right kick to the head. Nadia tries for a spinning left back fist, but he counters with his left hand to apply an arm lock, while drawing a knife from his belt with his right hand and slashes her across the vulnerable left side of her rib cage. Nadia ducks under his forward slash to the head and to his backhand slash. She throws a left kick to the back of his right knee and then whips off her belt. As her opponent tries for a knife thrust, Nadia wraps her belt around his knife hand and then his left hand, they fall to the floor. As they topple over, the henchman gasps and finds that he has the knife embedded into his chest.

Somewhere on a lower level, Sydney carefully enters another cluttered workplace. As she rounds a corner, a shot ricochets off of the steel column beside her. Sydney takes cover on the opposite side, near an elevator door and other shot ricochets off of another column. Syd returns fire as Anna runs away, her 3 shots missing.

Trying to force the henchman to cooperate, Nadia as she pushes the knife deeper into his chest, saying “Why is the CRF assembling this bomb? What do they have planned?” The man gasps “It's no use. You're too late.” Nadia shoves the knife deeper and urges “Tell me!” The dying man gasps something inaudible, so she leans up close in order to hear his last words. She looks concerned.

Sydney arrives in another area under construction. She looks around, but Anna is nowhere in sight.

Back upstairs, Nadia recovers the clip of bullets and loads it back into the pistol. The henchman’s hand moves slightly as Nadia leaves to find Sydney. She runs in front of a surveillance camera.

Downstairs, Sydney is still searching for Anna. She sees the silhouette of a woman’s head through a sheet of polyethylene drop cloth, so she moves closer. Sydney rounds a corner and points her pistol, ready to fire. Simultaneously, Nadia jumps into view with her gun also drawn. Sydney has a stunned expression, realising that she could have shot her own sister. Nadia lowers her pistol, and sighs in relief. Syd lowers her gun and says “Oh my God, I thought you were...” Nadia completes her sentence “... Anna.” The sisters walk towards each other to embrace, but a single gunshot is heard. Nadia gasps and arches back at the same time, having been shot in the back. Sydney looks at her in shock, then turns to see Anna running away. Nadia has a look of disbelief, reaching to touch her back with her left hand and brings it back full of blood. She looks at her bloody left hand and then to Sydney with a questioning expression. Syd can only stare in horror. Nadia weakens, then collapses to the ground. Sydney rushes forward and cradles her head in her hand, crying “Nadia ...Oh God ... Oh God ... Don't be scared!” Syd sobs and loses her composure, blubbering “I’m right, I'm right here ... It's okay ... Stay with me! Just breathe, just stay with me...” Nadia is weakening and losing consciousness. Sydney begs her “Just keep breathing...” Nadia has now lost consciousness. Syd shakes her and says “Nadia? Nadia?” wanting to revive her, but she doesn't respond. Sydney blubbers, not knowing what to do. All she can do is continue to helplessly say “Look at me! Look at me! Look me in the eye! Don't...don't...I'm right here, don't...” Sydney sobs quietly.

END

Back