Double Lives

Hey. this is my first novel and I don't know if I will be able to write a chapter even once a week, but I'll try.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>
I was panting. Sweat was dripping down my back, making my hair and clothes stick to me. My legs were getting tired and my lungs were starting to burn. Breathing started to be come harder for me. I can barely take in a breath, I can barely run, but I must. I cannot stop running, in fear of what maybe following my pursuit. I cannot let the enemy catch me, I cannot stop running, but I must eventually stop to rest. I will go ’till I cannot go any further. Now I must make a decision, left or right? Which way leads to the exit, and how will I ever escape without being caught? I guess I will soon find out. I take a left. I know I shouldn’t look over my shoulder for even a split second, but I do anyways. Nobody I can see; good. When I look forward again though, I must stop. I nearly run into a large dark figure that had suddenly appeared in front of me. The creature hovers over me. I open my mouth to scream, but no noise comes out. I choke on my own silent screams. I froze. I know now that I will never escape. It raises the butt of its gun. I try to raise my arms over my head to protect it, but I am still unable to move. The creature hits me with the butt of its gun with so much force and I feel myself falling. When I finally hit the ground, I feel my own warm blood pour from my wound. I can feel its piercing pain and I welcome it. And finally darkness takes over my body. I am now no more…</span>

What do you think? (y) or (n) It maybe confusing, but just hang in there. It will soon make sense, sort of.

Back