Employers screening World of Warcraft players?

First a "scientific study" using Everquest 2 data says RPers are all homosexuals with an increased chance of depression, and now WoW players are deprived of sleep and may suffer from too much addiction to properly focus on any other task besides raiding... I think people need to stop talking like they know the field and just realize this is the dawn of TV all over again but prettier and with a keyboard.

"The games made me do it! I'm not a psychopathic murderer! I role play an assassin and it effected my brain!"

First a "scientific study" using Everquest 2 data says RPers are all homosexuals with an increased chance of depression, and now WoW players are deprived of sleep and may suffer from too much addiction to properly focus on any other task besides raiding... I think people need to stop talking like they know the field and just realize this is the dawn of TV all over again but prettier and with a keyboard.

"The games made me do it! I'm not a psychopathic murderer! I role play an assassin and it effected my brain!"

Defiantly true, but people are always looking for scapegoats. The reason I found it amusing to be honest was just because it was bashing WoW, the game I hate more than any other.

Onilink, it's a very good thing for you (and me) that we have experts to tell us this kind of thing. We might have gone through our whole lives never knowing!

Onilink, it's a very good thing for you (and me) that we have experts to tell us this kind of thing. We might have gone through our whole lives never knowing!

Yup, never knowing that us males prefer roosters over tacos.

Seriously though, I could take into consideration the statements made about the possible work ethic and sleeping habits of these WoW players. History has proven there'll always be a few bad individuals in the bunch that'll brand the whole group. Hopefully, this sort of discrimination isn't practiced all too much.

Back