Politics Former PM Margaret Thatcher dies at 87

I think it's fair to say that coverage of the sad news of Thatcher's death has been remarkably sober and respectful. It's also true that she divided this nation as no other leader had done since Cromwell; she will be forever hated by the Marxist trades unions which she so successfully neutered, thereby saving us from the unending paralysis of nationwide industrial chaos where the unions held government to ransom.

Those same Marxists also hate her for role in breaking down the Warsaw Pact. Marxistz haetz Mericanz!

Her other mortal enemy was the IRA.

It's no surprise then that the only two "politicians" who gave vent to their petty and childish hatred were the renegade buffoon, Galloway, and the unrepentant terrorist Gerry Adams -- who I openly accuse of complicity in the 1984 failed assassination attempt which saw four innocents die, and many others horribly wounded.

I think Maggie would be amused by the rhetoric of hatred. Brit politics has never been civilised. The House of Commons is arranged to promote lively debate, and the red lines at the feet of the opposing front benches -- over which members are not permitted to step during debate -- are set two sword lengths apart.

Besides ... I don't believe we think US politics is uncivilised. We make fun of everyone and everything, including ourselves. :whistle: