Politics Fox News Says Sorry...

Fox News Says Sorry For Blunder

Fox News apologized Friday for posting phony quotes from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its Web site.

Carl Cameron, a Fox reporter who covers the Kerry campaign, wrote an item that looked like a news story with made-up Kerry quotes, said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman. The item was not intended to be posted on the site.

"Carl made a stupid mistake which he regrets," Schur said Friday night. "And he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment. It was a poor attempt at humor."

The phony item posted early Friday read in part:

"Rallying supporters in Tampa Friday Kerry played up his performance in Thursday night's debate in which many observers agreed the Massachusetts senator outperformed the president.

"'Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!' Kerry said Friday.

"With the foreign-policy debate in the history books, Kerry hopes to keep the pressure on and the sense of traction going.

"Aides say he will step up attacks on the president in the next few days, and pivot somewhat to the domestic agenda, with a focus on women and abortion rights.

"'It's about the Supreme Court. Women should like me! I do manicures,' Kerry said."

The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President Bush: "I'm hetrosexual - he's a cowboy."

After withdrawing the item, Fox posted a statement on its Web site apologizing for the error. It said: "The item was based on a reporter's partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

Cameron has been a political reporter for Fox News since 1996, Schur said.

Asked about the incident, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "America would be stronger if only George Bush could admit his mistakes as easily."

Source" CBS NEWS

Hmmm. I think CBS and their Fake Bush Documents are far worse offenders. The source of this article thus amuses me endlessly. To each their own.

Jinnie said:
Hmmm. I think CBS and their Fake Bush Documents are far worse offenders. The source of this article thus amuses me endlessly. To each their own.
[post="1016151"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yep, they are worse in this scenario ... but I wonder that things had to happen before they realized what they were doing ... :angry:

Yeah, but CBS thought the documents were real. This article was intentionally published, why, who knows, but the FOX news people are imbiciles, so they have an excuse.

I think it's ridiculous that a reporter would think of writing up something like that. Sure, if you joke among your friends, ok, but news is already biased enough without this kind of stuff.

this is absurd. yeah as a joke it is funny; but how can a news reporter expect to be respected when they do something like this? cbs's error was due to poor journalism and fact-checking, this is just due to morons thinking they are funny. whoever posted it should be fired.

m-c

ALIAS_RULES said:
Yeah, but CBS thought the documents were real. This article was intentionally published, why, who knows, but the FOX news people are imbiciles, so they have an excuse.
[post="1017048"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thats where you're wrong. If they thought they were real, CBS would be so f-ing pissed that someone screwed them, instead they just apliogized for basically getting caught. They knew what they were doing.

I love the irony of cbs reporting something fox did wrong.

AliasHombre said:
Thats where you're wrong.  If they thought they were real, CBS would be so f-ing pissed that someone screwed them, instead they just apliogized for basically getting caught. They knew what they were doing.

I love the irony of cbs reporting something fox did wrong.
[post="1017205"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

AP and other sources reported it too.

And you don't think Fox knew what they were doing?

Jinnie said:
[post="1016151"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The article is from AP; CBS didn't write it.

Back