Comedy The Golden Girls

Title: The Golden Girls

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 1985-09-14

Creator: Susan Harris

Cast: Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, Estelle Getty

Overview: Four Southern Florida seniors share a house, their dreams, and a whole lot of cheesecake. Bright, promiscuous, clueless and hilarious, these lovely, mismatched ladies form the perfect circle of friends.
The Golden Girls

I love the Golden Girls! I used to watch it when I was little, and the reruns still crack me up. My favorite is Rose. She's so naive and ditzy, and she reminds me so much of my grandma!

I watched that special tonight. You know, for old ladies, they sure got laid a lot, didn't they? Yikes..:lol:

Azalea said:
I love the Golden Girls!  I used to watch it when I was little, and the reruns still crack me up.  My favorite is Rose. She's so naive and ditzy, and she reminds me so much of my grandma!

I watched that special tonight. You know, for old ladies, they sure got laid a lot, didn't they? Yikes..:lol:
ah i know i LOVE the golden girls. i swear if i'm having a bad day...all i have to do is switch on the girls :D

i think my favorite is sophia...if you go to lifetimetv.com you can take a quiz to see which girl is your inner golden girl...mine is sophia :lol:

lol yes for old gals they sure did get laid a lot!!! especially blanche...she cracks me up! they ALL crack me up!

AliasHombre-why scary?

I love all of them very much. I took the quiz and my "inner golden girl" is Dorothy. I adore Sophia's comments, Rose' naiveness, Dorothy's intelligence, and well Blanche - you know Blanche's 'popularity.'

AgentGill said:
I love all of them very much. I took the quiz and my "inner golden girl" is Dorothy. I adore Sophia's comments, Rose' naiveness, Dorothy's intelligence, and well Blanche - you know Blanche's 'popularity.'
lol yes we all know what blanche is known for :D

i haven't been able to watch it in a long while...and that makes me sad!! i need some of my girls :D

Ahh!! I love them so much! They are so hilarious!!! Rose is so dense but it makes it so funny! And Sophia, haha, she's so mean but it's funny too. This show always makes me crack up.

I love this show all of the girls are fanatastic, my inner Golden Girl is Sophia. I loved all of her "Picture this" stories, they cracked me up. Some of my favorite episodes are the one where the girls did the adaption of Chicken Licken, the episode when they just came from seeing Psycho and Sophia came through the kitchen door with that huge knife and scared them senseless. :smiley:, the one where Dorothy said that she was so mad at her and then Sophia said, "Then write me a letter when I'am dead!". I was in stitches when Blanche said that her name was Blanche Elizabeth Devaroe, a.k.a B.E.D. !!! I could go on but as you can tell I watched almost all of the episodes and there was not one that I did not enjoy!!!!! :D I miss this show!

Irina Derevko said:
I love this show all of the girls are fanatastic, my inner Golden Girl is Sophia. I loved all of her "Picture this" stories, they cracked me up. Some of my favorite episodes are the one where the girls did the adaption of Chicken Licken, the episode when they just came from seeing Psycho and Sophia came through the kitchen door with that huge knife and scared them senseless. :smiley:, the one where Dorothy said that she was so mad at her and then Sophia said, "Then write me a letter when I'am dead!". I was in stitches when Blanche said that her name was Blanche Elizabeth Devaroe, a.k.a B.E.D. !!! I could go on but as you can tell I watched almost all of the episodes and there was not one that I did not enjoy!!!!! :D I miss this show!
do you get the lifetime tv??? if you do...they are on like 5 or 6 times a day...its great....golden girls, desiging women and the nanny!!! :D

if i'm having a bad day...all i have to do is watch one of these...and it'll get a little better!! needless to say....i've been watching them a lot lately :smiley:

if you don't have lifetime....GET IT :D

what are you waiting on?!?!?! :blink:

Yes Sarah, I do have Lifetime TV and I also simply have to watch an episode of the girls to feel better :D . When I am on vacation I try to watch it every other evening. The relationship between Sophia and Dorothy was so lovely!!!! You could tell that Dorothy was Sophia's favorite daughter. Sometimes my group of friends remind me of the relationship between the girls and that just makes me smile. :D

Irina Derevko said:
Sometimes my group of friends remind me of the relationship between the girls and that just makes me smile. :D
i know exactly what you mean. i have a group of friends that i feel the same way about. we've been best friends since pre-school! in the world today...i think its really something when you can say that you've got 5 people that you can say have been your best friends your whole life....it makes me proud to know that we have made it this far and still want to be friends.... :D

and i love sophia's relationship w/dorthory!! ;)

yeah i know i've known these girls since i was like 5....and we've always been best friends and i honestly think that no matter where life takes each of us...we will always be there for each other. i know i'll always hold a special place in my heart for each of them....from slumber parties...to scare bear...puppy chow and the park at night... *sniff* i'm gonna cry lol

Oh don't cry :smiley: . I know what you mean Sarah! Like the show, my friends and I go the movies at night like the girls, we go to clubs and parties together, heck we try to go out most times together(with the exception of dating). Do you remember that scene where Sophia scared the girls with the knife after they went to see Psycho. Well we sometimes scare each other like that. :blush:

I agree with you and even though sometimes your friends will annoy you like hell it is good that in the end we each know that we really can't do without each other. :smiley:

TV show information provided by The Movie Database