Hello, forums!

Hi! I've been trying to get an interview with the Content Writing GM staff for the past five months, and only just recently received an email saying that they were going to interview me on Jan. 24 at 10 PM Eastern time...excited!! Nervous!! lol. I've been following this game for a couple years now, and I'm thrilled about getting the opportunity to work with it.

Let's see, uh...just graduated from college this December, degree in writing, I spend my days working in a paint shop. I've played FFXI a bunch but am sick of it, because as I get higher level people ----- at me because my armor is too low level. I don't play games to spend hours making artificial money to buy expensive palette-swapped gear, I play because I've worked all day and I just want to relax and have some fun, role-play a little, get into another world, and (hopefully) have a hand in creating that world for others. I want a low-stress sort of game with kind people who care more about human beings and having fun than about uber levels/equipment in an artificial world, and I hope HJ is like that.

Well, anyway, that's my introduction. I wanted to join these forums since they seem like the best, and I'd like to try not to be such a hermit in the HJ community, to discuss cool things etc. Storylines, general excitement, I dunno. I've been on temporary hiatus as far as online presence/communication is concerned, and thought I'd give it another try.

Anyway, I noticed the post about how a few others here also applied for interviews, so, wow! Good luck everyone, and maybe we'll be on the same writing team!

Welcome! I'm usually not much for joining forums either, but after hearing about HJ, I too just had to join to talk about it.

Back