HH Linking

Hey gang. In the old forums you used to be able to click a link from the forums and pop up a seperate window for the HH main site. I like using the articles there for reference sometimes and was wondering if that were still possible? Theres no link from the forums back to HH main in other words.

I think the heading used to read something like:

Hero's Hall > Hero's Forums > General > etc.

or

Hero's Hall:
Hero's Forums > General Discussions > blah blah> etc.

Can't remember exactly. Not a problem if its not.

I'm confused what exactly you're saying, it seems like the beginning of your post refers to creating new windows when you click on links versus using the parent (current) window.

The second part loses me, are you talking about the way you see the header atop the forums?

If you're just talking about the first part, I'll look into it, the second part you'll have to clarify for me please.

I think Thaos is just asking for a link to the main site www.heroshall.com on the forums. In our last forums if I remember right you could click on the logo at the top left and of the screen and it would bring you to the main site.

If im mis interpreting what ur saying thaos plz say so.

tasoli said:
The second part loses me, are you talking about the way you see the header atop the forums?

Yes.

In the old forums the header used to look like the second example i put in there. If I remember correctly. I could be wrong but I seem to remeber being able to click a link in the header of the old forums and pop up a second window to HH main site.

Just like Cordy remembers. It may have been the logo or text in the header but there was something that linked to the main HH site from the forums.
-----------------------------------------
cordy said:
I think Thaos is just asking for a link to the main site www.heroshall.com on the forums. In our last forums if I remember right you could click on the logo at the top left and of the screen and it would bring you to the main site.

If im mis interpreting what ur saying thaos plz say so.

Nope. you remembered it to.
*cries tears of joy that his sanity is verified*

Thaos Nightwind said:
Yes.

In the old forums the header used to look like the second example i put in there. If I remember correctly. I could be wrong but I seem to remeber being able to click a link in the header of the old forums and pop up a second window to HH main site.

Just like Cordy remembers. It may have been the logo or text in the header but there was something that linked to the main HH site from the forums.
-----------------------------------------

Nope. you remembered it to.
*cries tears of joy that his sanity is verified*

We have a link like that at the bottom of every page, where it says "Hero's Hall".

Thaos Nightwind said:
DOH!! Ya went and hid it on me. K thanks.

I guess the coders of vB just think it looks better that way. I can put a link in the 'Quick Links' dropdown menu if you wish.

I've had a lot of folks, on my own forums & websites, request links back to the main websites at the top in addition to at the bottom. For end user "ease of use", I'd recommend putting one at the top, in the quick links section, or wherever is best fit.

~ Jaraeth

I just didn't see it. I was used to it being up. The forums page is set as my home page and I would click on an upper link to pull up HJ Articles from the HH home page. Just readjusting.

Thaos Nightwind said:
I just didn't see it. I was used to it being up. The forums page is set as my home page and I would click on an upper link to pull up HJ Articles from the HH home page. Just readjusting.

Quicklinks > First link

Just for you :smiley:

Just thought I might add something. Is there anyway to link the banner at the top to the main site? Just when you are on any forum there is already a link at the top going back to the main forums page and the banner does it to. It really makes no difference to me as I knew of the link at the bottom just thought maybe the banner could work the way it was before :smiley:

Back