How to save your Turtle Beach Headset

The main problem with Turtle Beach Headsets for the Xbox 360 is that the soldering points within the "Puck" come loose. The "Puck" is the half moon shaped end that plugs into your controller, what happens is that your wire that runs from the puck to the headset rotates and moves around so much it causes the soldering points to weaken. Once that happens your voice quality goes way down, you can still hear all of the sounds of the game just fine, it just affects the in game voice chat. So what you need to do is take about 13 inches of wiring tape and wrap it around the wire between the puck and the first stop on the wire. This will minimize flexibility thus saving you from going through and new "Puck" every 30-45 days.

tbmod001.jpg

The x4 is the best but it also costs over $200.00 to get I myself have a x1 and it works fine during clan matches.

yah i have the x4 and i think the sound is a little muffled so my advice would be go buy a triton headset because they are 100X's better. they are $300.00 but well worth it for those intense odd man out search rounds.

Back