Politics Hyppcrites

From what I understand, he came out publicly about 17 years ago. Then a bunch of backlash started, including someone accusing him of sexual assault. This accusation was revealed to be false, but by the time this was found out, he had already committed suicide. So, yes, I know. I still don't understand the point you're trying to make.

But, may I suggest we somehow move this to a different and possibly new thread? Because it is getting off-topic, sort of, and I do take partial responsibility for that.

Since this discussion has gone very far off topic, "generalise" is the British (and probably every other English speaking non-US country) way of spelling it while "generalize" is the American way of spelling it.

I saw someone on campus with a "God Hates F**s" sign and it was just hilarious at how many intelligent people actually started to argue with him. Here we are at the best public university in the world and we feel a need to stoop down to his idiotic level and waste a good 30-45 minutes of our lives when we can be doing something more productive.

I really dislike Christians who give Christianity a bad name.

Since this discussion has gone very far off topic, "generalise" is the British (and probably every other English speaking non-US country) way of spelling it while "generalize" is the American way of spelling it.

I think both I and White_Rabbit are aware of that.

I ALWAYS pick up on Americans using a 'Z' (pronounced Zed, by the way) rather than an 'S'. Does my nut in.

I saw someone on campus with a "God Hates F**s" sign and it was just hilarious at how many intelligent people actually started to argue with him. Here we are at the best public university in the world and we feel a need to stoop down to his idiotic level and waste a good 30-45 minutes of our lives when we can be doing something more productive.

I really dislike Christians who give Christianity a bad name.

Intelligent people are entitled to "argue" if they want. And it shouldn't matter that you are "at the best public university in the world", a fact that you've pointed out many times in your posts. Different things upset different people. I hardly think debating with someone is a waste of time. A sign like that is hugely offensive, and while it might be better to just ignore it, some people can't and I hardly find it unproductive of them to make their voices known (free speech anyone?).

In fact I'd be far more troubled if people just passed by him, because that would show to me that offensive language and behavior like what he was exhibiting is so engrained in our culture that it has absolutely no affect on our lives anymore and that is truly sad.

i totally agree. i think that if people just passed him by it would just to help prove what our society thinks and our inability to speak up for what we believe.
I see many Christians at anti-gay rallies with signs such as "GOD HATES FAGS." Since when did god hate? That's a pretty strong word.
i think those christians do not truly understand the bible. God does not hate gay people. those people are sending the wrong message about true christianity.

Back