Interesting Observations On Jack

HE SEEMED TO BE DETERMINED TO HAVE VAUGHN KILL LAUREN-SEEMED LIKE HE WANTED HER DEAD BECAUE SHE NEW ABOUT THE DOCUMENTS IN THE LOCK BOX RATHER THAN JUST SO VAUGHN SOULD HAVE REVENGE-
-HE EVEN MANIPULATED DIXON INTO LETTING VAUGHN GET HER WHEREABOUT FROM SARK KNOWING HE WOULD TRACK HER DOWN-IS JACK EVIL OR JUST DETERMINED TO KEEP HIS SECRET FILES AWAY FROM SYDNEY-ALSO, HOW DID KATYA KNOW WHERE VAUGHN HAD LAUREN KIDNAPPED UNLESS SHE NEW WHERE JACKS SECRET STORAGE FACILITY WAS-WHICH MEANS IF KATYA IS EVIL ENOUGH TO TRY AND KILL SYD THEN IS JACK ALSO??
AND FINALLY, JACK MUST BE HEAD OF THE TRUST, HE MUST BE A RAMBALDI FOLLOWER TOO, HE WORKED IN THE TRUST WITH LAURENS DAD WHICH MIGHT EXPLAIN HOW LAUREN NEW ABOUT THE LOCK BOX FULL OF DOCUMENTS??ANY THOUGHTS>

whoa thast a lot of stuff but if i really think about that makes sense i mena how else would lauren know about the box? just as i was starting to like jack we find he is a jerk. where did you come up with all that? i could never in a million years come up with that much. i agree with you about the whole jack/trust thing

I think it goes to what Lauren said during the fight:

Lauren: "At least I know who controls me."

Sydney: "Who controls me?"

Hey didn't Jack say he had a chance to kill Irina but he didn't and he regretted for the rest of his life or something? I thought that was REALLY interesting.....

I also thougt about that when watching it for the seconde time you could see the hesatation in his eyes and expression when Sydney was going to find Lauren. You could be right on Katya , Jack working together and thats how she knew where to find Vaughn. Jack probably wanted Lauren and Vaughn dead ,for some twisted reason i havn't figured out yet. just a thoery!! :D

First of all, do not use all CAPS! It reads like shouting. Thank you. I am going to change the title of this thread so that it doesn't shout.

Secondly, you're saying that Vaughn took Lauren all the way back to Jack's storage facility? Did it suddenly enlarge several times? I did not take them to be the same place at all. I thought that Vaughn took her to another warehouse, probably not far away. How did Katya find her? Maybe because she was looking for her? Maybe because Vaughn didn't expect someone to come looking for her and didn't cover his trail very well?

If Jack was conspiring with Vaughn to have Lauren killed, why didn't Katya wait for Vaughn to do it? When he failed, why didn't she do it herself so that Vaughn could be blamed? Why didn't she make sure Vaughn was dead instead of taking half-measures? That's not the kind of Derevko I know--unless her motive was simply to help Lauren escape rather than to kill. And if Katya is working with Jack, why would she attempt to kill Sydney, or do you now think that's well within Jack's capacity? One little paper weighs more than 3 seasons of character development . . .
;) ✌️

I think Jack may be head of the trust and perhaps Lauren was in this too......that's why Jack did not suspect her being covenenat at first, so Lauren may have been NSC, Trust, CIA, covenenat a real mess, similar to Jack

I think that the papers are an account of Syd's life, and perhaps that she is in fact a project and has been psychologically conditioned from day one, and that noone in her life has been an accident

I also believe that Syd, Nadia AND Lauren are all project xmas kids, even Vaughn too for that matter. I think that Jack knew more about Irina than he let on but that he actually did love her.

I do not however think Jack is evil of HOC, even if he is , this was all done form day one to protect Syd, or perhaps he originally intended her as a "project" but then grew to love her, especially over these last few years. Perhaps he got off track during those SD6 years when he found out Syd was in danger and started this covenant to pull all the strings.

We have to assume Jack is more than he seems, I mean the warehouse, the guns, the connection , the intel ?

Oh and at first I thought Jack sent Katya to get Vaughn but I do not think Jack knew she was evil...........I think he thought they were on the same side.

Either........

1. Lauren was meeting Katya somewhere near there and Katya found them
2. They were in Jack's hideaway and Katya was too meet Jack
3. Jack sent Katya to save Vaughn or help not to kill him (having no clue of her true alliances)
4. Lauren put a tracking device when she fixed the watch and teh covenant knew his whereabouts at all times
5. Katya has other sources in CIA and knew Vaughn's intent through the Sark interview

But all in all everyone knows everything on this show and to tell you the truth I'm getting annoyed at the writers for this, that they leave too many unanswered questions and just keep adding more !

I think Vaughn just took Lauren nearby. Katya just found them because they were close. Perhaps the watch had a tracking device in it, but I think the watch was more for symbolic reasons.

My husband and I have been commenting that all this season it has seemed like we could trust Jack. In the first two seasons, there were always ways to suddenly distrust him. I think that we can still trust that he has Sydney's best interest in mind. Likely, he knew enough about Rimbaldi and maybe even Irina that he believed he may father The Choosen One. He probably knew what sort of life The Choosen One would lead and thought putting her into Project Christmas was the only way to protect her. Program her to think like a spy so she could survive all of this. Imagine if he hadn't done all of this since her birth. She'd be a sitting duck.

Robynslp95 said:
Oh and at first I thought Jack sent Katya to get Vaughn but I do not think Jack knew she was evil...........I think he thought they were on the same side.

Either........

1. Lauren was meeting Katya somewhere near there and Katya found them
2. They were in Jack's hideaway and Katya was too meet Jack
3. Jack sent Katya to save Vaughn or help not to kill him (having no clue of her true alliances)
4. Lauren put a tracking device when she fixed the watch and teh covenant knew his whereabouts at all times
5. Katya has other sources in CIA and knew Vaughn's intent through the Sark interview
I certainly hope that they don't have Jack naively assuming he and Katya are on the same side!!!

1. A definite possibility
2. I hope he wouldn't trust her enough to reveal that at this point!
3. Even more so!!!
4. Another possibility
5. Another possibility

I really don't think that she would know through Jack--why would he send Vaughn to kill Lauren and then send Katya in to foil his own scheme? Or if she's backup, why would he trust her? He hardly knows anything about her and has reason to believe that she's working with Irina . . . and she forced him into an assassination plot. Now there's someone I'd trust!

As far as Vaughn being PC-ized, that's an idea, but I'd think he'd be a better field agent than he is if that were so . . . maybe he was put thru the protocol at too late an age, or his aptitude wasn't as good? ;)
✌️

I think Jack did not naively assume anything about Katya ... I still cling to my belief that Katya is not "evil," but has her own motives. I don't think she was really going to kill Sydney. I mean, seriously, she couldn't tell the gun was lighter when Sydney handed it back to her?? Come on now, this is supposed to be the superspy family here! I can't wait to see what Jack reveals, what Syd learns, hurry and get here January!!

There is no way that Jack is the Trust. Remember that Sloan (when in jail) told him about the Trust - and Jack had to go to an old friend for a favor to find out about it. Highly unlikely that he is in the trust....

geez VERDANTHEART-calm down your precious little Jack might not be all bad-sooooooooooooooooooo defensive--and no one ever said it was a rule not to use caps-take a deep breath and exhale ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IMO ... Jack is only doing what he thought needed to do to protect his child ... and maybe ... even if he has had the power to bring what he has brought into her life ... he has a lot of explaining to do ... ;)

I think Jack is going to turn evil now. Maybe he's working with Katya and Irina together. It's true he really wanted Lauren dead, i think he knew lauren knew about those papers. he didnt want syd to find out about them so he wanted her killed. Who better to kill Lauren if not Vaughn, he hates lauren because of what she did to him.

Jack is not evil, and he is not a member of the Trust or Covenant. I think that whatever he has done has been to protect his daughter. We have to remember that when he started that SAB project he was a young man and was probably under orders and didn't really understand what was going on. This is just my opinion, but he has Sydney's best interest at heart. He loves his daughter.

I dont think Vaughn was a Project XMas kid, because he is not that good of an agent.

Amy

filmlover said:
Jack is not evil, and he is not a member of the Trust or Covenant. I think that whatever he has done has been to protect his daughter. We have to remember that when he started that SAB project he was a young man and was probably under orders and didn't really understand what was going on. This is just my opinion, but he has Sydney's best interest at heart. He loves his daughter.

I dont think Vaughn was a Project XMas kid, because he is not that good of an agent.

Amy
I agree with you.

I think that perhaps he was foced somehow into this plan by the CIA and has spent his whole life trying to mitigate the repercussions. I like Verdantheart's theory (I forget where it is posted) that he chose to be project leader on the S.A.B. 47 project so that he could try to control how things went to some degree.

I also agree with the above post that he could not be in the Trust becuase he went to some lengths to find out about it - AND his eyeballs were not required to get the Hourglass.

:D

Ok, here's my theory on Jack.. Remember on the last episode, before Sydney was going to meet Lauren to "kill" her? She was in a building (I'm gonna guess her house) with her father and he says "Let me go instead" she insists on going, he hesitates, looks concerned than says "we'll talk later" Seems to me like he was gonna tell her something then and there, but decided to wait. I do believe that he probably programmed her and Nadia to be spies to protect them and that he is a GOOD guy. or That he programmed them to be spies for other reasons, but grew to love Sydney as their relationship grew and was gonna tell her.

Either Way, I think he is good now. Besides, we know he doesn't kill Sydney. But I do think, whatever he is hiding, it will distance their relationship even more. I could be wrong, But that is my theory.

Jess :Ph34r:

Back