Jen Wins SAG Award

Alias News

Official News Poster
From Zap2It-

Actors honored their own at the 11t Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Saturday night, Feb. 5 in Los Angeles.
There were few surprises on the movie side, with Jamie Foxx taking home yet another statue for "Ray." The 37-year-old actor has already taken home the Golden Globe, tops numerous film critics' lists and is the favorite to win the Oscar for his role in the Ray Charles biopic.

"Million Dollar Baby" also cashed in, with Hilary Swank snagging an award for her leading role as a tenacious female boxer and Morgan Freeman winning for his supporting role as an ex-boxer who cleans a local gym. "The Aviator's" Cate Blanchett flew off with the award in her supporting role as screen legend Katharine Hepburn.

Unique to the SAG awards is the recognition of movie casts and television ensembles for their collaborative work. Alexander Payne's "Sideways" easily won the motion picture category for its cast, including: Paul Giamatti, Virginia Madsen, Thomas Haden Church and Sandra Oh.

In television, the forensic drama "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" took home the drama ensemble award for Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle, Robert David Hall, Marg Helgenberger, William Petersen and Eric Szmanda. On the lighter side, the folks at "Desperate Housewives" won the comedy ensemble award for its rather large cast peopled by the families living on Wisteria Lane. Winners include Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria, Nicollete Sheridan and Brenda Strong, among others.

Hatcher won yet another award for her individual "Housewives" performance in the comedy category as did Tony Shaloub for the bumbling detective series "Monk." The drama category awards went to "Alias" star Jennifer Garner and "Law & Order's" Jerry Orbach, who was honored posthumously after dying in December of prostate cancer. Geoffrey Rush and Glenn Close took home statuettes for their performances in the television movies "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" and "The Lion in Winter," respectively.

The evening also included a "What Actors Do" cinematic tribute introduced by Dennis Franz and the presentation of the lifetime achievement award to TV and silver screen star James Garner.

The SAG awards were telecast on the TNT network.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Edie Falco! Jen wins!

Her speech was awesome, she was funny and gracious as usual!

Yeah, my cousin was sleeping over my house, and I totally missed it, but luckily we have DVR and my dad rewound it so that I could see and hear Sean Hayes say

"And the winner is...Elektra. Jennifer Garner!"

And I screamed. She soooo deserves it. Edie Falco and Allison Janey are so spoiled this is even better than an Emmy because its chosen by her piers; other actors. This is soo great. Ahh!

Can't wait to get home, just a little less than three hours left until school is over! Yay!

ms.katejones said:
No one works as hard as she does on television.
[post="1200519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes! And is there anyone in this world who would dispute that??

Jen is BRILLIANT.

Back