~Joe's Bar & Grill~

:eek: he has a sisiter!!! :eek:

He laughed softly, “You cried at the end of Gremlins, when Gizmo was taken away from the boy.”
Bahahahaha so did my mom! Lol

I loved this chapter so much and there wasn't even any S/V moments! Lol

Cant wait for more

Aly xx :angelnot:

HOLY s*** another sister! that's insane arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more more more! OMG kristina update like now.... WOW, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! argh... wow, this is soooo awesome, you totally rock!! thanks for the pm!

Oh, too great! I just read like the last 15 chapters or something like that. I know I'm a horrible addict, but I've been busy. Oh I just love this story! And he's got another sister. I hope he can help his parents out of this jam they're in. When's his dad come back w/the fire wood? Can't wait for another update! Great story!!

Linnette

ok, ive just read all 80 chapters... it took me a little while but this story is really really good. i mean the way u have an intersting story with fluff an angst, and the writing... you are a great writer. i would love a pm when u update plz. im hooked on this story

:jawdrop:

*runs up to the little girl*
*prods her with the stick*

Are you for REAL, dude?!

:shocked:

Ok Cai can't process this.. Mind just not working. Beep. Gone dead. Holey macaroni. VAUGHN HAS ANOTHER SISTER?!?! *runs around screaming* AHHHH! KRISTINA!!

Dude. For the millionth time... You rock. Like REALLY rock. Not just rock... But like really really really rock... See, now you've got my rambling, and rock doesn't even sound like a word anymore!

DUDE!!!!! We better get an update sooooooon! No pressure of course :angelic:

:notworthy:

Oh, how I love this fic...

Cai
x

OMG!!! Another sister (maybe anyway)! Did not see that one coming! Nice conversation between Vaughn and his mom. I have a feeling his reunion with his dad will not go so well.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they had another daughter!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! that's crazy! is that why they ran away? i wonder if Bill is nicer to her than he was to Michael. i hope.
great update. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

Michael's parents are unbelievable! They deserted their son living alone and in the street and then had another daughter...I can't help but be angry with them

Btw, the second sister is a totally unexpected twist and I like to be caught :smiley:

Ciao Ari

Oh my gosh...another sister? I am very angry with his father right now. I hope his little sister doesn't learn what it feels like to be an orphan like her big brother did!

~Part 81~
~The Hitman Returns~

Staring into the young girls eyes, Vaughn felt an immediate connection. Part of him didn’t even have to ask, he knew where this girl fit in, but he was still amazed. The little girl just stared at him in awe. He wasn’t sure if it was because perhaps that he looked so much like her father, or perhaps she just didn’t know who he was.

Vaughn slowly stood up from the couch and stood about ten feet in front of her. Amy watched the two of them just stare at each other without interrupting such a moment.

“Michael.” His name tumbled out of her mouth softly as she yielded her fluffy teddy bear at her side. His eyes grew soft and she could read his silent confirmation. It was a bond between a brother and a sister.

She immediately dropped her bear on the floor and ran towards him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and squeezed him as tight as she could, afraid that if she let go she’d never see him again.

Vaughn laid his hands in her hair and held her head to his stomach as hugged him tighter.

“I was six weeks along when we left.” Amy said softly from the couch. Vaughn glanced at her quickly and then back down at his shocked little eight-year-old sister. He pulled her arms from his waist and lifted her up in his arms.

“What’s her name?” Vaughn asked softly as his sister buried her face in his neck, her cold nose coming into contact with his warm skin.

“Jenna.” Amy said.

Vaughn nodded softly as he held Jenna in his arms. Her small hands grabbed onto the material of his fleece pullover and she bunched it up in her fists. He closed his eyes and held her tight against his chest. Her thin legs were wrapped around his waist tightly as she pulled away to look at him. Her fingers roamed his face as she took him in for the first time. He gave her a big warm smile and she traced her finger inside the dimple his smile made.

“You know who I am?” He asked her.

She nodded softly.

He walked over to the couch with her still in his arms and sat down next to his mother, taking his previous spot back. Jenna changed her position so her legs were draped in his lap as she rested against his chest. Fist fulls of his fleece pullover scrunched up in her tiny hands.

“I’ve told her about you for years.” Amy said. “Down to the last detail, I’ve showed her pictures. She’s been wishing for this moment for the last few years.”

“Is that so?” Vaughn asked. He looked down at his little sister. Jenna just clung to him and he smiled. He kissed the top of her head and held her in silence.

A few moments later there was noise outside the front door. Someone was stomping their boots off on the wooden porch outside. The front door opened and William Vaughn stepped inside carrying a load of wood in his right arm. Before he could even look into the living room he spun around and closed the door.

“It’s getting nippy out there.” He exclaimed as he took off his hat and hung it on one of the prongs of the coat rack. Vaughn moved Jenna off his lap and stood up. “The Burns’ say hello. Jim was outside chopping wood too and…”

“William.” Amy said stopping her husband. “We have a visitor.”

William Vaughn turned around for the first time and squinted through the semi-dark room. Once his eyes connected with Michael’s the pile of wood he was holding dropped to the hardwood floor, causing Jenna to jump.

“What are you doing? What are you doing here?” He asked slightly shocked.

“It’s good to see you too, dad.” Vaughn said sarcastically.

“Were you followed?” William asked as he moved towards the windows.

“You see me for the first time in eight years and you can’t even look me in the eyes and say you’re glad to see me. I guess it’s true, you never did love me did you dad?”

William’s head snapped towards Vaughn, “That is not true.”

“Then why did you leave?” Vaughn asked. “Why the…” He remembered Jenna was in the room and limited his vocabulary. “Why? That’s all I want to know.” He said shaking his head.

“If we wouldn’t have left, your mother and I would have been dealt with. If we stayed things wouldn’t be the way they are now. We’d be dead.” William said softly.

Vaughn just stared at him. “Did you honestly think about me before you left? Or were you just…”

“Amy, take Jenna upstairs.” William told his wife.

There was silence for a moment as Amy picked her young daughter up and walked up the stairs Jenna had come down moments before. She glared at her husband long and hard before disappearing to the second floor.

William walked over to the armchair in the living room and sat down.

“Sit.” He motioned to the couch across from him.

“I’ll stand.” Vaughn said.

William sighed. “When your mother told me she was pregnant, I knew we had to get out of Chicago. So we left.”

Vaughn’s sadness and anger began to rise.

“It’s the only thing I could do to keep them safe.”

“Them?” Vaughn asked. “You mean your family?” Vaughn nodded. “I get it now.” He said. “You were so worried that they’d be hurt you took the first chance you got and ran. I was just some kid that was there for you to love when you felt like it; you didn’t want to deal with me because of the emotional trauma I had already been through with Emma. You knew I felt guilty and you didn’t want to deal with that.” Vaughn said.

“Michael…”

“No…nothing you can say will ever make this better!” He said. “I hate you…I despise you and I wish you weren’t my father. But unfortunately God punished me by making me your blood. The only honest thing I can say after all of this, is that I now realize what you did can’t be taken back. You can’t fix this, and I don’t think you would even want to if you could. I may be your son,” He said. “You may be older and more experienced than me. But I’ll sleep easier at night knowing I’ve turned out to be a better man than you ever were. And when I have my own family, I won’t abandon them. I don’t use people’s love, I return it, which is something you’ll never get from me.”

“Is this why you’re here? To give me the guilt trip? If I wanted this then I’d…”

“The only reason I’m here is because of Emma, and because sometime soon the NSA is going to show up here unexpected. I didn’t come to warn you, mom is the one I’m worried about, and Jenna.” Vaughn said. “They don’t deserve the shi* you’ve brought them into. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you’ve done.”

William looked down slightly.

“I’m here to end this once and for all. I want Emma to be safe, to not have to watch her back every five seconds; which is your fault. That’s why you’re going to help me find her, and take down these sons-of-a-bitc*es.”

“You have no idea what you’ve gotten yourself involved in. These people, they aren’t to be dealt with lightly.”

“I understand that. And I’ll do what I have to do to make sure the people I love stay safe. Unfortunately, you’re the only person who can track Emma down before they find her, so we have to work together. But in no way does this mean I’m going to take orders from you, or converse with you. This is strictly business. After this is over I’m going home and I never want to see you again.”

I almost puked when you walked through the door. He wanted to say. It was true, the sight of someone that betrayed him made him sick to his stomach.

“How did you find out about our location?” William asked.

“McDuff.”

“James? He told you?”

“Let’s just say I have some of your memorable negotiating qualities. Not that I’m proud of them.”

“Did he come with you?” His father asked.

Vaughn shook his head. “He’s dead.” He told him calmly. “Which is why I’m sure the NSA isn’t far away from here. If they…”

Vaughn was cut off as the lights in the house dimmed into darkness. Both men were silent for a moment before they realized what was going on. William jumped out of the chair.

“Good job, son. You’re about to get your family killed.” William said as he stood up. He grabbed the shotgun from above the fireplace and grabbed some shells behind the picture frame on the mantel. He began loading it.

Vaughn’s head snapped to the window when he saw a figure move past it. He grabbed the fireplace poker from its rack and moved to the stairs. William moved to the back door with the shotgun. He held it out in front of him, aimed right in the center of the door.

Things were silent for a few moments before the door busted in. Vaughn covered his ears as his father fired the shotgun right at the intruder’s chest, leaving him convulsing on the floor. The man that was behind the first intruder raised his gun and was about to fire when William got off another round. Both men lay dead on the floor, blood pooling around their bodies.

Vaughn watched in shock. His father didn’t show any signs of emotion. He was a cold-blooded killer.

Vaughn heard a scream come from upstairs and he ran quickly up the steps without thinking, almost tripping in the process. He ran down he hall and burst through a door without knowing where he was going. He ended up in what looked to be his parent’s room, it was decorated rather warmly, red sheets covered the bed and red curtains blew around due to the ajar window. A man was standing near the window on the second floor. He wore a black ski mask and held Jenna in his arms, a large hunting knife to her throat.

“Michael!” Amy yelled pleadingly. She watched in horror as her daughter tried to remain calm.

Vaughn heard another shotgun round go off downstairs, his father was preoccupied. Vaughn focused his attention back to the man holding his sister. Staring into his eyes he saw something familiar. The man saw this recognition and smiled, he nodded towards Vaughn.

“You son of a…” It was the same man that had murdered McDuff.

“I wouldn’t be calling me names Mr. Vaughn. Your in no position to insult me.” He pulled Jenna’s head back, ready to end her young life without mercy.

“Stop.” Vaughn said. The man looked up at him. “You want a victim, try me.”

Amy looked at her son nervously as she stood next to him.

“You’re willing to die for this little girl?” The man asked in a British accent. He smiled smugly.

“No, I’m willing to kill you for her.”

36_11_14.gif

36_1_58.gif

:jawdrop: AHHH NOOO!!! :thud:
DON'T END THERE!!!
bad place to end, evil cliffhanger
ok now you HAVE to update really REALLY soon
great chapter ;)
update soon,
really soon,
like ASAP!!
thanx for the pm
can't wait for more....
literally
im gonna just sit here and wait :whistle:

Who the hell is it?????
I am a little confused at that point.

Awesome chapter but cant believe you left us with that much of a cliffhanger!

Great chapter though.. oh I already said that... well it is, so so so so good. Keep it coming! You are a LEGEND!

Back