Kate

wow !! this fic is great !!! i love it !! especialy the last chapter with michael , syd and kate together , it was so sweet :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ,

i can´t wait for more ,

Nanda

The end was really :love: , with every chapter posted, you give us the imagine of a happy family, a perfect one ^_^
I can't wait for them to admit their love because it's obvious that they love each other so why not say the words? :P

Jack, Sydney's boyfriend, Michael, has to be worlds' better than anything that Nadia would've brought home to meet the parents. So lighten up guy!

Chris

He made it through the "boyfriend dinner" and Jack approved of him.
He has gotten so attached to Kate.
He likes the "package deal" of Sydney and Kate.

Chapter 24
Somehow, Sydney wasn’t quite sure how but, somehow Kate caught a cold during the first week of December. When she noticed Kate’s nose running, Sydney wasn’t overly concerned, having already passed the large barrier of Kate’s first illness, Sydney felt fully prepared to face that one. Unfortunately, though, this cold was much worse than the other one. Kate’s chest was very congested and she was coughing almost non stop. Concerned, Sydney took her to the doctor, but he assured her that she was in no danger, she simply needed fluids and to use the humidifier Sydney had.

Because of her illness, Kate was having trouble sleeping, meaning that Sydney was up almost the entire night with her two nights in a row. By Saturday, Sydney was utterly exhausted and Michael came over to relieve her of her parental duties for a few hours. While Sydney napped, Michael sat on the floor entertaining Kate, or at least trying to. Kate was uninterested, though and not one of Michael’s antics elicited a laugh from her.

“Aw Kate,” he sighed and scooped her up into his arms, gently rubbing his fingers across her head while she sniffled. “How about we read one of these, hmm?” he suggested, pointing to the small library of her books on the shelf beneath Sydney’s coffee table.

He picked up one of her Bernstein Bear books and began to read softly to her. At first, he tried to come up with different voices for each of the characters – a little boy-like voice for Brother Bear and a squeakier one for Sister Bear, but in the end he decided Kate probably didn’t care, plus the fact that he was borderline disturbing himself with the voices, so he decided to stop. After reading, he tried a few more things to entertain her, but in the end he gave up and just let her snuggle up against him as he watched the TV on low volume so as not to wake Sydney.

Sydney was asleep for about two hours until she emerged from her bedroom, still looking sleepy. “How is she?” she asked, her voice slightly hoarse.

“Well, she was doing pretty good but she just started to cough again,” Michael told her.

“Oh my poor baby,” Sydney sighed as she lifted Kate up and hugged her tightly. Kate nestled her head in her mother’s neck.

“Why don’t you give her a nice warm bath?” Michael suggested. “Sitting in the warm water will help her relax and it might open up her chest a bit.”

Sydney nodded and moved Kate to her hip. “You wanna take a bath with Mommy? Hmm? Okay we’re going to take a bath. Are you going to stick around?” Sydney asked, hoping that he would. Michael nodded and told her he’d just straighten up her apartment a bit while she and Kate were in the bath. Sydney nodded and disappeared into her bedroom to grab PJs for both herself and Kate for after their bath. Then, she went into the bathroom and shut the door tightly.

Michael began picking up the stray tissues and empty dishes around Sydney’s apartment and putting them in their proper places. Only about ten minutes had passed since Sydney and Kate went into the bathroom when he heard a rather loud screech from Sydney followed immediately by Kate wailing. He threw the dish he had been washing back into the soapy sink water and bolted to the bathroom door, tripping over a kitchen chair on the way. By the time he had picked it up and reached the bathroom door Sydney was calling out his name.

“What? What? What happened?!” he demanded in a panic.

“Get in here!”

“Wha- I um,” he stammered, thinking that Sydney was probably in the bath and thus not exactly clothed.

“MICHAEL!” she shrieked.

Thinking that something was terribly wrong, Michael threw the door open but entered cautiously at the sight of both Sydney and Kate in the bath tub. “What happened?” he asked slowly nearing them but staring at the floor.

“I dropped her,” Sydney whimpered. “Take her please, please…”

“O-okay,” Michael stammered, having difficulty thinking clearly because of the way Kate was wailing and the fact that he was nearing his very naked girlfriend. He picked up Kate’s towel from the ground beside the tub and lifted her from Sydney’s arms, wrapping the towel around her and turning around so that he wasn’t in danger of making the situation worse.

“What happened?” he asked in a calmer voice as he began to rock Kate, whose shrieks had reduced to whimpers.

“I dropped her,” Sydney choked out, obviously crying. “She was wet and soapy and she slipped and I dropped her… she hit the edge of the tub with her f-face,” she squeaked the last word

“Aw Syd honey she’s fine,” Michael said, examining Kate for any damage. He found none and kissed her head gently. “I think your scream scared her more than the fall did.”

“O-okay,” Sydney sniffed. “Can you go so I can get dressed?”

“Yep,” he said. He grabbed Kate’s pink sleeping outfit before exiting the bathroom, thankful to be leaving without catching a glimpse of something that would have caused an awkward situation.

Michael brought Kate to her changing table, set her down and finished drying her off. Then he put a fresh diaper on along with her pajamas. In doing this, he blew a raspberry onto her bare tummy, which caused her to let out a tiny giggle. Then, he kept an eye on her as he organized her changing table, which appeared to be a bit of a mess. While he was doing this, Kate was playing with her feet, bring her toes up and trying to put them in her mouth.

“Silly girl, don’t do that,” he said with a slight laugh. He popped one of her pacifiers in her mouth while wondering how exactly babies were flexible enough to suck on their toes. When he heard the bathroom door squeak, signally Sydney’s exit, he scooped Kate up onto his hip and walked out to give her a tight hug.

“I’m a terrible parent,” Sydney sniffed into his shoulder.

“You absolutely are not,” he assured her.

“Michael I dropped my baby! I dropped her into the bathtub. I could have killed her!” Sydney choked, her sobs returning.

“Sydney, you’re being way too hard on yourself. She slipped and you caught her; she’s fine. No harm done,” he told her. Sydney, however, didn’t seem convinced. For the rest of the evening, she was very silent and seemed almost afraid to hold Kate, fearing she would drop her or hurt her again.

Michael felt terrible that she was beating herself up over something that, really, was nothing. Just because Kate slipped from her grasp one time did not reflect on her ability as a parent at all. It only made her human. Knowing that she was still hurting, Michael insisted upon spending the night and made sure to hold her extra tightly that night went they crawled into her bed.

“Sydney,” Michael began softly. She didn’t respond but he knew she was listening. “Sydney I love you,” he told her. Though it was the first time he had uttered those words aloud (at least in her presence), he had felt them for quite some time, but was merely working up the nerve to say them.

Sydney rolled over in his arms and choked out through tears, “Are you trying to make me cry again?!”

“No! No of course not… unless they’re good tears,” he said with a slight laugh.

“They are,” she sniffed as she buried her face in the crook of his neck. “I love you too Michael.”

“Oh Syd I love you so much – you and Kate,” he sighed into her hair. “And you’re such a good- great mother.”

“Thank you,” she sniffed. Then, she raised her head and attacked his lips with a passionate kiss. They said no more, but clung to each other tightly for the rest of the night.

Michael is such a great guy, he's right in saying that Syd is a great mother. Accidents are gonna happen no matter how hard you try to stop them. And they said they love each other...so sweet!
Great update

He was correct that Kate was crying so hard because Sydney screamed.

He told her he loves her; her and Kate.
I'm glad Sydney told him she loves him, too.
At least they are in the same bed all night. lol

Michael brought Kate to her changing table, set her down and finished drying her off. Then he put a fresh diaper on along with her pajamas. In doing this, he blew a raspberry onto her bare tummy, which caused her to let out a tiny giggle

Awwwww :love: :love: :love: :love: my favorite picture this time!

That happened to me too with little Dany :angelic: Please don't tell his mum... :lol: Their bodies get slippery and it's hard to get a grip on them....plus it's not like Syd (or I for that matter :blush: ) had done it on purpose -_-

Poor Kate.... but I think Vaughn was right... that Syd scared her more with her own shriek than the fall itself :P

Michael loves Syd??? I wonder why... she's suuuch a terrible mother... :lol: kidding!!!!!!!!! ;)

:woot: :woot: :woot:

They're the perfect family! Please don't ruin my little :cloud9: bubble or I'll hunt you :Ph34r:

Back