keeping it cool

Spoilers up to ep 316 Taken

From the episode Taken, we see that Dixon will lose any self control if his kids are taken from him. Everyone on the show have been placed in a situation where they have to deal with a love one being in danger from kidnapping or high risked crisis, but everyone have come through with a strong conscience and attitude. Dixon however breaks down and goes off on Sloane when it is obvious Sloane didn't have anything to do with the kids being kidnapped.

This is one of the reasons why Jack is my favorite character because he is always in control. That's because he shuts off his feelings very well. We saw that mostly in season 1. He has opened up to Sydney and many others since then. But he can still keep a calm head if Sydney or anyone else close to him is in trouble. When Sydney offered that the bomb be placed on her instead of Dixon's daughter, Jack intervened for a moment so we know he is not without feelings. So Dixon could learn a few things from Jack and possibly many others.

dixon is kinda losing it...but its hard to blame him. he worked for the enemy for years, then his wife was killed, and then his children get kidnapped. someone needs to give the guy a break!

No, I am not going to give him a break. He is head of the CIA division in LA and he should know what his job entails. Now that he sits behind a desk all day and not out in the field all the time with all the danger like he used to, he is getting soft and weak. Jack, Vaughn, Marshall, Weiss, Will, Irina and others worry everytime Sydney goes out on assignment. Do they have the luxury of breaking down and losing it because they fear for Syd's safety?

Losing self control won't help with anything. Didn't they teach him that in CIA school? He almost got everyone killed in the building because he wasn't convinced that his kids are not there. I am not a big fan of Dixon anymore.

dreamlancer said:
No, I am not going to give him a break. He is head of the CIA division in LA and he should know what his job entails. Now that he sits behind a desk all day and not out in the field all the time with all the danger like he used to, he is getting soft and weak. Jack, Vaughn, Marshall, Weiss, Will, Irina and others worry everytime Sydney goes out on assignment. Do they have the luxury of breaking down and losing it because they fear for Syd's safety?

Losing self control won't help with anything. Didn't they teach him that in CIA school? He almost got everyone killed in the building because he wasn't convinced that his kids are not there. I am not a big fan of Dixon anymore.
I have to agree. Dixon has over stayed his welcome, esspecial as the head of the CIA. ESSPECIALY because last season he didn't want to join the CIA. There is a big jump there, to obig for me. I hopr that if Dixon must remain, that he does not control of CIA of LA. Beyond his rediculios emotions, I have never really liked DIxon. He is to sensative. Quit if family is such a big deel. And who cares that he wants to get Slaone for killing his wife. I don't! Live with your mistakes buddy [as in Dixon]!

when i said give him a break, i meant like the writers...not us. youre right he really should know how to handle this stuff! BUT everything that happens to dixon seems to be bad! if its not bad, he doesnt get any screen time!

OK I gotcha. That is funny that the only story he gets are bad ones. At first I thought you meant give Dixon a break. Then I thought you said give the writers a break which would suggests they are doing a bad job of writing. Anyway the writers are off the hook but not Dixon.

There might be some irony in this whole Dixon story because when he was working for SD-6 and going out on the field on dangerous missions, he never allowed his wife and kids to know that he works for a supposed government agency, and thus they can't worry about him. Now everyone knows he works for the government and the moment something happens to his family he just buckles and cries.

LOOK THIS IS MY 47th POST!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!! Do I get a prize????

Back