Melissa George News

Alias News

Official News Poster
From Sci Fi Wire:

Alias Door Open For George

Melissa George, who played the duplicitous Lauren Reed in the third season of ABC's Alias, told SCI FI Wire that she tried to leave the door open for her character to return to the show, despite her apparent death in the season finale. "I think she should come back," George said in an interview on the set of her upcoming film, The Amityville Horror. "She got shot a lot. Like, a lot of times. Like, more than any regular person can take. But it was nothing in the heart. [It was in] the arms. And I played it like it didn't hurt her so I could come back. Like, maybe she had a vest on or something. They're like, 'Can you just look like you're in pain?' I'm like, 'Nope. I refuse.'"

The fourth season of Alias is currently in production without George and another former regular, David Anders, who played British henchman Sark in the second and third seasons. George said that she thinks the audience will miss the characters and their interactions with the lead couple, Vaughn (Michael Vartan) and Sydney (Jennifer Garner). "Where's the blond assassin ruining their love life?" George said. "It's like, don't you want the Aryan-looking blondies in the leather?"

Although George won't be returning to the show as a regular character, she has spoken with Alias creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams and several former co-stars about making a guest appearance this season if her schedule permits. "Yeah, they want me to so bad," she said. "So I'm trying to work it out, if I have time. They're all calling me. All of them. Like, 'Please come back!'" Alias returns for a fourth season in January 2005.

I'm sorry, but Melissa George sounds so vain in all of her interviews. I am sure she is probably a nice person, but she needs lessons on how to give a good interview.

Yeah, but there's self esteem and then there's delusions of grandeur and I know which one this is! Why oh why can that woman never give an interview without putting her foot in it!

HockeyVaughnFan said:
Yeah, but there's self esteem and then there's delusions of grandeur and I know which one this is! Why oh why can that woman never give an interview without putting her foot in it!
[post="1026224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: I always thought she sounded conceited, too. After reading this I just want to shout, "Most of the fans HATE your character and by the way Jennifer Garner is the star of Alias, not YOU.

That sounds pretty childish, but for some reason she really bugs me.

She does sound very conceited. I have to say if I was JJ and I read this interview I'd be even less likely to invite her back for an episode.

The one thing I forgot to say before regarding some of her comments in this latest gem from the 'world of Melissa' is that I will indeed miss Sark, but if we ever see Lauren again it'll be too soon!

It would be one thing if this was a rare stand-out interview, and all the others were as gracious as the rest of the cast is. But it's not. In every interview she does, she comes across as arrogant, mocking, and flat-out rude. This is just yet another.

As far as her refusal to play the scene as requested... answers a lot of questions about why she was so horrid the rest of the season. In an audition, you want to please. I've no doubt she followed instructions then. But in her very first interviews after getting the role, she referred to Jennifer Garner as her costar. Suddenly, Ms. George was too big a star to listen to lowly crew. No wonder fans wondered how The Church of Impeccable Casting (TM TWOP) could've gone so wrong.

Also, considering her demonstrated lack of professionalism, it's no wonder she acted that way, considering how she learned about Lauren's death. The cast and crew may adore her, as she claims... but she learned about her character leaving by reading the script. ;) Zing!

LOL I came in here to say this and I see you have all picked it up already. :lol: What I think she is doing is overcompensating. She KNEW everyone HATED Lauren, and that people (um, like even JJ?) said that the Lauren character was totally two-dimensional and not a character, really. And the media made it worse by constantly asking her about the fan-hate in interviews and stuff. Finally she just got to lying (you could tell!), and saying that no, everyone loves her. And now this! lol I'm not surprised at all. ^_^

No offense...I don't know her personally, but she always sounds so...conceited? Time to get off the pedestal Ms. George...

What part of "Die Lauren die!" did she not understand about her character?

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
No offense...I don't know her personally, but she always sounds so...conceited? Time to get off the pedestal Ms. George...

What part of "Die Lauren die!" did she not understand about her character?
[post="1026474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think she actually understand what was said ... ;)

Okay, that interview sounded like she was saying those things tongue-in-cheek. Now, perhaps she does think she's great, but (and I have experienced this myself), Australian humour seems to be lost on a lot of people.

Oh my goodness, i can just imagine what she sounded like in that interview....punctuating her sentences with that stupid laugh.

I'm australian and I must say i'm so embarrassed for her......nobody likes your character. HELLO!!!
why can't she be a better embassador or just a better interviewee.

Trust me, australians have forgotten about her and i never liked her show here anyway.

She should take get some lessons from other australians like Nicole kidman, naomi watts or kate Blanchett.......graceful, likeable in interviews.

Hm, this reaction is very interesting to me. My impression of the interview is that Ms George might be exaggerating any suggestions that she come back in an effort to increase a fan push for a return . . . guess it's not working . . . :lol:

She must really like Alias. I personally can't understand why she would want to come back after everything that has happened in the last year.

Back