Melting the Ice

Aww I loved their little messages during work..too cute!!! :love:
-And maybe Syd should just move in with Vaughn and that way she could do whatever she wants..and be with Vaughn of course!!!! :woot:
-Great updates!! Loved 'em!! Thanks for the pm!!

Great last couple chapters. I'm glad Michael is finally coming around. Now if only Sydney could move out of her dad's house. *sighs* At least they feel the same way towards each other (Sydney and Vaughn i mean).

-erin :smiley:

p.s. thanks for that one pm

Great updates.. have been reading over at Allies while AA was down, but will review here anyway. Love their little messages to each other, and the little kittens.. so cute

I loved how Michael kept emailing and calling her. Yes, he's a man in love. :D And the way Sydney's trying to keep him at arm's length during work is just adorable.

Now if he could find a way to save Sydney from a life as 'Daddy's Little Girl"...

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Awww could they be any cuter!!! :love:

“Vaughn Investments, how may I help you?”

“Whatcha doin’?” Michael’s smooth voice came through the phone.

Sydney cracked a small smile. “Workin’, which is what you should be doing.”
Hehehe adorable ;)

Chapter 13
As the week progressed, Sydney and Michael continued to be distracted with each other during the work day causing them to accomplish less and less work each day. They spent time on their playful phone conversations and emails and though Sydney insisted on working at first, she quickly gave in. Until Wednesday, that’s when she put her foot down. She told Michael they were wasting too much time and this was the exact reason why she had been so hesitant to start up a relationship in the first place. Michael sadly agreed, and they worked without any distractions for the remainder of that day. At four thirty, Michael proclaimed enough work had been done and they needed to make out until Sydney left for home. Sydney compromised by saying she needed to finish sending out two more emails before they could make out.

Unfortunately, because of their fifteen minute make-out session, Sydney received a hickey on her neck. Unfortunately, she failed to realize this until she went home and, while they were eating dinner, her father asked, “What’s that on your neck?”

Having absolutely no idea what he was talking about Sydney responded with a furrowed brow and a, “What? What’s on my neck?”

“A mark… right here,” Jack gestured on his own neck.

Sydney shrugged and got out of her seat before walking down the hallway to the nearest mirror. When she saw her reflection, she gasped quietly and broke out into a cold sweat, recalling immediately the moment when Michael had nipped and she giggled. “I um… I don’t know what that is. Really odd,” she tried to laugh fakely and suppress her nerves before returning to the dinner table.

Her father simply grunted and focused his attention on his plate. After that, Sydney ate quickly and disappeared up into her room, thankful for her narrow escape but hoping she wouldn’t have another one any time soon.

~*~

Late that night, Sydney was completely asleep when she was shocked awake by the loud vibrating of her cell phone on the nightstand beside her head. She groped sloppily for it and in her sleepy state it took her a few moments to find the phone. When she retrieved it, she sat up slightly in bed, her heart still pounding from being startled awake. “Hullo?” she mumbled groggily.

“Lilly threw up,” came an agitated voice over the phone.

“Huh?” she asked, utterly confused.

“Lilly threw up and I don’t know what to do.”

“Who IS this?” she asked with confusion.

“Michael,” he said.

“Michael…Lilly…ohhh Jesus, what time is it?” she groaned, finally realizing who she was talking to.

“It’s like… two thirty,” he said. “What do I do about Lilly?”

“Michael, she’s a cat, she has fur balls and thus will throw up. I’m sure she’s fine. Feel her nose,” Sydney suggested.

“What? Why?”

“Just do it,” she groaned. “What does it feel like?” she asked after a moments silence.

“How the hell should I know? She’s squirming and it feels like a nose,” he sighed.

“Compare it to Rose’s nose,” Sydney suggested with a yawn.

“Oh okay…okay, okay Lilly’s nose is kinda dryer I think, I dunno,” he yawned as well.

“I’m sure she’s fine. We’ll check on her in the morning, okay? Good night,” she said before hanging up, not even waiting for his goodbye. After that, she tossed her phone down on the nightstand, where it promptly crashed to the floor. She didn’t even bother picking it up, she simply slammed her face back down in her pillow and tried to fall back asleep.

When Sydney’s alarm went off the next morning, she groaned loudly and slid out of bed with her eyes closed, which resulted in her stepping on her cell phone rather painfully and letting out a loud curse. She stumbled through her shower, still half-asleep, and then in attempting to put on her clothes, she put her shirt on inside out once and then backwards another time before getting it on properly.

“Sydney, what’s the matter with you?” her father asked when she nearly fell asleep while standing at the stove.

“What? Oh…uh… nothing,” she said with a yawn.

“You look exhausted. Did I hear talking coming from your room last night?” he asked in a suspicious tone.

“Oh…um… yeah someone called my phone with a wrong number at like two A.M.,” she lied quickly.

“That was very rude of them,” Jack commented before walking away. Sydney sighed with relief, having dodged her second bullet in less than twelve hours.

On the drive to work that morning, Sydney fought to pay attention to traffic after stopping for an extra caffeinated drink on the way to work; she would definitely need it that morning.

“You look sleepier than I am,” Michael sighed with a sight laugh when he saw Sydney walk into his office with his daily schedule in one hand and her other hand covering a yawn.

“Uh huh… whose fault is that, I wonder?” she looked at him pointedly.

“I was freaking out!” he defended.

“I know it would have been adorable had it not been two A.M. What the hell were you doing up at that time anyway?” she asked.

“Went down for a drink of water,” he explained.

She nodded. “So how’s Lilly this morning?”

“Fine; her nose is back to being all cold and wet,” Michael told her.

“Very good. I, however, may not make it through the morning without falling asleep on my desk,” she said with another yawn. “Ugh, I’ve yawned like a zillion times this morning!”

“Aww, I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. You should go take a nap with the kittens,” he suggested with a smile.

“But then who would be your secretary?” she asked him.

He shrugged, “I can manage for an hour or so.”

“Thanks for the offer, but I should be fine. My caffeine should be kicking in any minute now.” She turned to leave, but stopped herself, turned back and approached his desk. “Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that last night at dinner my father pointed this out to me,” she told him while pulling back her hair and gesturing towards her hickey.

Michael burst out laughing. “Oh, he didn’t!”

“OH, but he did,” Sydney sighed with a shake of her head.

“What’d you do?” he asked, cringing slightly.

“Played dumb. I told him I had no idea what it was.”

“Nice cover… but now I suppose I have two things to be sorry for,” he said sadly.

“Eh, I’ll get over it,” she smiled at him before leaving his office.

~*~

“Okay, seriously, go take a nap,” Michael said in a concerned tone when he found Sydney practically lying across her desk, her head barley upright.

“Can’t. I’ll make it,” she said in a very unconvincing tone.

“No, you won’t. Come on, there’s almost two hours before someone else comes. Go. Nap. My couch is really nice, I promise,” he said. Without even waiting for her response, he lifted her up out of her chair and put an arm around her waist as he walked with her through his house to his family room and settled her on the couch.

“’s nice in here,” Sydney yawned as she looked around his family room, since it was the first time she had been in that area of his house.

“Thanks,” he smiled. Then, he covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead softly.

Chapter 14
When Sydney awoke after her very restful nap, she tried to stretch, but found a strange weight on top of her chest. She opened her eyes slowly, blinking a few times to adjust her eyes to the light difference, and looked down at her chest, where she saw a tiny circular grey ball of fluff. Laughing softly to herself, she brought one of her hands up from underneath her blanket and gently stroked Rose; she began to purr immediately.

Carefully, Sydney picked up the very sleepy kitten and stood before stretching. She then folded up the blanket Michael had covered her with and placed it neatly on the sofa before grabbing her shoes and returning to the office area. She saw that Michael’s office door was open, so she went in without knocking. “I found this on top of me when I woke up,” she told him while holding out a still limp and half-asleep kitten with a smile.

Michael looked up and grinned, “Yeah, I tried to get Lilly to stay too, but she kept jumping down so I just put her back in the kitchen.”

“I see,” Sydney nodded and walked around behind his desk so that she stood beside him. “What else were you doing to me while I was asleep?”

“Nothing, I swear,” he laughed. “Did you have a nice nap though? You were out for over an hour.”

“I had a very nice nap, thank you,” she said before kissing him softly. “Now I’m starving though. I’m going to go put Rose back and grab something to eat,” she told him before turning and leaving his office.

“Wait,” he called, jogging after her.

“What?” she asked with a slight laugh.

“I just wanna eat with you,” he smiled, “and ask you something.”

“Okay, shoot,” she said while digging through her purse to find her lunch while balancing Rose in one hand.

“So, if you were going to the beach, what would you wear?”

Sydney looked up to see a curious looking smile across his face. Her brow furrowed wondering what he was getting at. “Why…?” she asked slowly.

“Just answer the question,” he smiled.

“Well, um… it’s summer so like… shorts and a tank top, maybe with my bathing suit underneath. Why?” she asked again while walking off towards the kitchen.

“You should wear that tomorrow,” he told her.

Sydney looked over her shoulder and looked at Michael like he was insane. “Because… we’re having an indoor beach day at the office?”

“No, I’ve made an executive decision regarding our business,” Michael told her.

“Oh?” she laughed.

“Yes, from now on we’re taking Friday’s off. Friday’s will be date days,” he explained with an overly proud grin.

“Oh will they?” she asked. She set Rose down next to her food bowl and then stood up and folded her arms across her chest, still looking at Michael as though he had lost his mind.

“Yes. Think about it, how many clients do we get on an average Friday? Two, maybe three? That’s all. We can just reschedule those people to another day, or work around them, like work a half day. THEN, we have time for us,” he grinned.

She laughed. “You’re insane.”

“I know that,” he smiled. “But I also already cleared out schedule for tomorrow.”

“You didn’t!” she gasped.

“Oh, but I did. I called them all while you were sleeping and I was very, very polite. I think I actually shocked them,” he smiled proudly.

“I’m very proud of you,” Sydney told him with a grin. “So… we’re going to the beach tomorrow?”

He nodded, “If you wanna. I mean, we don’t have to but…”

“No, it’s okay, I’d love to go. I haven’t been to the beach since my mom died… so that’s over twenty years… kinda sad,” she laughed.

“Then we have to go,” he said firmly.

She nodded with a smile. “So… is this just a one time Friday thing?”

“Oh no, I’m serious about making all Fridays date days. How else will we get a date then?” he asked her seriously.

“That is a good point, but I think it’s slightly insane,” she told him.

“Why? I’ll still pay you the same,” he laughed.

“Michael, I don’t care about money… I just… I dunno, it’s like skipping or something and I’m-”

“A goodie goodie,” he finished for her with a smile.

“Well, yes,” she laughed. “I never cut school or class and… I dunno.”

“So you’d rather work all day than spend time on a date with me?” he asked.

“I didn’t say that either,” she told him, blushing slightly. “I just… well I’ll see how tomorrow goes before I pass judgment, alright?”

“Sounds good to me,” he said before kissing her forehead. “So what time do you wanna leave? Nine?”

“Oh no,” Sydney’s face fell.

“What?” Michael asked.

“It’s just… how the hell am I going to explain this to my father? I mean, he might get suspicious when I leave for work in my bikini,” she sighed, sad that their plans weren’t going to work out well.

“Well, um, you could change here before we leave… oh! And tell him that your boss has like a dentist appointment to explain why you’re going in late,” Michael told her.

“Um, problem,” Sydney said. “He thinks I work in a fairly large office with lots of people.”

“Why the hell does he think that?”

Sydney bit her lip, “Because that’s what I told him. He’d totally freak if he knew I was working alone with you. He’d think you’d like… rape me or something.”

“Your dad’s a paranoid guy, isn’t he?” Michael asked. Sydney nodded in a rather defeated way. “Well… just come over at the regular time then and we’ll go to the beach early. We’ll be the only ones there… it’ll be nice actually.”

“Okay!” she smiled. “I’m really excited. This is going to be great!”

“Totally great,” he smiled back.

Chapters 11/ 12

i loved the romantics moments between syd and vaughn in the begining of chapter 11 , they were my favorite in this chapter . i loved chapter 12 with all the romantics ,.sweet and funny moments between syd and vaughn ,

Nanda

Chapters 13/14

ohhhh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!! the hickey situation in chapter 13 was hilarious :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , my favorite part of it . In chapter 14 i loved when vaughn surprised syd with work free fridays , it was so sweet and romantc ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

She nodded with a smile. “So… is this just a one time Friday thing?”

“Oh no, I’m serious about making all Fridays date days. How else will we get a date then?” he asked her seriously.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, date friday!
he really is changing!

Brill updates, loved them!!!!

~lil~

HA the hickey was too funny!!! :lol:
-And I love how he took her to the beach and they are taking fridays off...too cute!!!
Loved it!! Great update!!

Back