MUST READ!

Tommy

Seeing A Ghost
There is a random forum for a reason!! This is where all random and off topic posts need to go. I have noticed that lately, every thread in the Member's Lounge has been hiijacked by off topic posts. I am now posting a public warning that applies to every thread in the Member's Lounge. If any threads go off topic, they will either be:

a) Closed--Without Warning
or
b) Moved to the Random Thread--Without Warning

Notice that both consequences have no warnings. In the past, we have went into every thread whenever it went south and posted to get back on track--no more. This is the last warning.

I have noticed that whenever people get a chance to post random OUTSIDE of the random thread, they go at it like wildfire. Over the past month, I have come this close (holds fingers really close together) to just making posts not count at all in the Member Lounge. Don't make the admins do that.

sorry ... but it would be good if you decide to not let the posts in the random threads count ... that way you won't see any unnecessary posts ... and yes, I have done it too ... so, I don't think it would be a punishment, but it would certainly prove and set standard for us to follow ...

the posts in the "Random Thread" and "Off Topic Games ... " they don't count, but anything else in the Member Lounge Forum does ... and some threads that become too "random" will be closed or moved and then the posts won't count ...

AliasHombre said:
We need a clear definition of random though...
Random is basically anything that is off-topic.

For example, if you're in the Shopping thread, and you're talking about your favorite food, it's random.
Random posts usually--but not always--involve personal conversations, which is why cliques go into the random forum.

Over the past month, I have come this close (holds fingers really close together) to just making posts not count at all in the random forum.
Tommy meant the Member Lounge as a whole. Posts already do not count in the Random forum and Off-Topic G&Q, only in the general Member Lounge.

:smiley:

AliasALIAS said:
AliasHombre said:
We need a clear definition of random though...
Random is basically anything that is off-topic.

For example, if you're in the Shopping thread, and you're talking about your favorite food, it's random.
Random posts usually--but not always--involve personal conversations, which is why cliques go into the random forum.

Over the past month, I have come this close (holds fingers really close together) to just making posts not count at all in the random forum.
Tommy meant the Member Lounge as a whole. Posts already do not count in the Random forum and Off-Topic G&Q, only in the general Member Lounge.

:smiley:
Thanks for the clarification.

VaughnFan13 said:
oh...ok...sorry if i did that...

dont make posts in the member lounge not count! its where i post the most...
That's exactly why we'd turn it off. It shouldn't matter how many posts you have.

do personal things go in the random forum or in member lounge (for example when siri and codie anounced they would leave or be on aa less)

Tommy said:
aliasgirl000 said:
o... do they count right now?
they count everywhere except for the Random forum. Remember though, we CAN cut post counts off completely.
i understand now. i think it's a good idea... sorry guys! ... cause this is an alias site not a member discussion of outside things site. posts should be concentrated on alias stuff. or site stuff. u know. :confused: ^_^

Back