My New Toy!!!

Yummy!!

Screenie.jpg

Looks amazing, but I'm dumbfounded on where I would start...

Sadly, when I was a teen, I wanted to take music courses to be able to do soundstage and sound production. Never got into it :( Now, all I want for xmas, is a Roland JD-800 synth... which I think dates back to early 90's.,.. that thing was sweet... loads of knobs and sliders on a synth *drool*

Now, go make some sweet music :P

~ Jar

Jaraeth said:
Now, go make some sweet music :P

~ Jar

First off, SO glad that wasn't going where I thought it was. :P

Second, as an afficianado of all things that have lots of buttons and blinking lights, I say, very cool. I doff my hat to you sir.

Cool! I haven't heard of Samplitude before.

I have used Acid, Fruityloops, and Reason software, but it has been a few years since I have messed with any of them. I used to compose techno type songs... What have you done thus far? What do you plan to create?

navarre said:
Cool! I haven't heard of Samplitude before.

I have used Acid, Fruityloops, and Reason software, but it has been a few years since I have messed with any of them. I used to compose techno type songs... What have you done thus far? What do you plan to create?

It looks like Samp is going to be my official replacement for the Logic software i've been using for years. Sad to have to say goodbye to it but newer plugins etc don't show up and tehnology has advanced et al.

This is a scaled down version called 'SE' and i'm test driving the hell out of it atm. I've used an ever more scaled down version of it call Music Studio by Magix and was impressed. So i'm easing my way up to the biggie.

As far as what I plan to do with it? I'm one of those folks who hears music in their heads a LOT and have to have a way to get it out of my system so fiddling around with the software for it is one of my fav things to do.

I have a midi keyboard, play base and guitar etc. This software allows you to hook up the keyboard and it records then palys back everything you do; allows your keyboard to be the whole band with drums, horns, effects etc then you can record keyboard base or play your own + guitar and all that. Basically it allows you to be the whole band.

deathmetal said:
Looks expensive. How would that program compare to Acid Music Studio? Thats what I use, along with Line 6 Riffworks.

I just downloaded a trail of Acid. I was more familiar with this one and i've heard of Line 6 riff works in fact I have one of their amps.

I guess I just didn't want to take the time to become familiar with Acid though is all. This is a more glorifed version of the same idea.

But its only $49.00 for this downloadable e-version.

Problem is that that it does what Micorsoft does and registers itself to the computer that its on and you can only 're-register' it like three times over the internet. :(

Needless to say the other versions get more and more expesinve.

Thaos Nightwind said:
I have a midi keyboard, play base and guitar etc. This software allows you to hook up the keyboard and it records then palys back everything you do; allows your keyboard to be the whole band with drums, horns, effects etc then you can record keyboard base or play your own + guitar and all that. Basically it allows you to be the whole band.

Sweet.. It sounds a lot like Reason Software but that starts at 500.00 with 130.00 for each 'Refill' of sounds... and there are many. I use a Midi Controller with it from M-Audio: Radium61

Let's hear some of what you have done so far, eh? :smiley:

Thaos Nightwind said:
I just downloaded a trail of Acid.
Wouldn't that trail of acid damage the tubes in your internet? No wonder all those internets people are sending are getting so slow. I mean I just sent one 2 days ago, and my friend only got it today. What's with that huh? Conspiracy I tell you! That's what! No more acid through my tubes! I need to write to that Alaskan governor guy...

::cough::

/sarcasm off

Okay gang. I wrote a short piece for Hero's Hall inspired by the Feminine Rogue character type (go figure).

Anyways, I converted it to a .wma filesize of 1.07mb. Now as i've mentioned I don't post music files on the I-net. No My Space or YouTube account so how do I post it???

Well, since you don't want to upload it to a host, I guess you could email it directly to those who want to hear it.

Edit: nevermind, didnt see your other post... :cool:

Back