Never Grow Old...

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, no infringement intended.

Title: Never Grow Old

Rating: NC-17 for language and sexual situations

Summary: What would’ve happened if Danny and Francie had lived?

Pairings: Sydney/Danny, Will/Francie, Jack/Irina.

Author: Paradise

Comments about title: Title is from the song, “Never Grow Old”, by the Cranberries, that JJ had playing during Sydney and Danny’s study session that turned into kisses and the truth. It’ll always be Sydney and Danny’s song to me, based on the fantastic lyrics that speak really well towards their characters.

Chapter 1

“Hey it’s me.”

“Hey.”

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to keep up on my medical journals.”

“I miss you,” she smiles into the phone.

“I miss you too. This place is too big without you in it.”

“I’ll be home as soon as I can, and then I’ll crawl beside you in that bed, I can’t wait.”

“What color is your hair right now?”

She smiles, finishing the final hairpins. “Blonde.”

“Oh really?”

“Will you still love me if I come home a brunette?”

“You could come home with no hair at all. All I ask is that you come home.”

“I always do.”

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

She hangs up the phone, smiling to herself, thinking of the happiness she will once again feel when she walks through her own door.

“You ready?” Dixon asks, Weiss and the others looking at her.

“Yep,” she says.

It’s another mission, and she was doing her duty, but afterwards, she’ll go home.

XxX

Exhausted and bruised, she changes out of her spy gear and quickly showers. She sits on the plane ride home combing out her hair and writing her report to the CIA. Then she sits back and relaxed, hoping she might be revived by the time they were back.

Pulling her suitcase up her walkway, she unlocks the front door to breathe in the smell of leftover pasta, and sees a low light on in the living room. She knows he is up.

She smiles, lets her suitcase rest at the door, and drops her keys on the counter. Pulling off her suit jacket, she tosses it aside, smiling as she sees his face on the other side of the couch. The fire is running in front of them.

“Hey there,” she grins. “You’re up.”

“It’s only three in the morning,” he replies, holding out a hand to her and she takes it.

He rips it forward, pulling her over the side of the couch and onto him as she laughs. They kiss softly, his fingers lightly threading through her hair.

“Mmm,” she murmurs in the delicious kiss. “So how was your day,” she whispers against him.

“Long. How was yours, you save the world again?”

“Oh yeah, today I was a waitress for the zillionth time. I adore it. I killed myself in college and in training to be a waitress in a short dress.”

“All these strangers get to see it, not me,” he whispers back, kissing her again.

“You can see me in anything you want.”

She rests her head on his chest, his hand smoothly running down her back. She exhales against him. This never felt so good to her, except the last time she came home.

“You hungry? I thought you might be,” he says.

“Mmmm, just let me lie here on you, it feels so good.”

“I’ll never make you move,” he said, kissing the top of her head, and leaning back against the pillows.

She awakes in her bed, next to him, in pajamas. How he did that without her waking was amazing. She is a spy. She is supposed to wake at the slightest thing. She runs her hand up his torso, seeing the morning glisten through the window.

He’ll be asleep for awhile, but she’s awake. He stayed up all night waiting for her, the man cooks. She’s starving. She rushes out to the kitchen and gets the pasta out of the fridge. Heating it up, she devours a plate of it, and then hops in the shower. Her bruises don’t look too bad, and she’s highly grateful for that. It’s not that he doesn’t know she gets them, but no one likes to see marks of pain on the person they love. He’s a doctor anyway. He would want to fix them.

She showers, then just stands there, enjoying the feel of the hot water beating down on her skin. Then she hears the shower door open, and she smiles.

“I was wondering when you’d join me,” she said.

She turns around, awaiting a very deep kiss. She looked up at him.

“It my dreams, it was you. You stayed with me, through all of it. You could’ve been killed, at any second.”

“I know,” he says, his fingers massaging her cheeks gently. “I’d do it again, no matter the outcome. And I mean that, it’s been worth it, every minute.”

She is amazed.

“God, Danny, thank you for loving me anyway. And staying with me, anyway.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” he says.

He turns the dial of the shower to its hottest, and then shoves the water away from them. He edges her to the wall, the fog building up slowly, destroying their ability to see each other. He slides to his knees and she’s wet just by that motion. She wanted him last night, she was just too tired. Now, the world could be ending and she wouldn’t leave this moment.

He avoids her mouth purposely, leaving her silently pleading. Refamiliarizing himself with her ribcage, first with his fingers, then his mouth, she feels her nipples grow hard instantly. He moves down her ribs to her stomach, his tongue gently darting into her navel. She tilts her head back, inhaling sharply, urging him down. When he parts her legs, she tries not to collapse right there with the want. He slides his fingers over her, blowing gently across her soft curls. Taking his fingers out almost immediately, he parts her legs even further, running his tongue up along each creamy thigh.

She tries not to scream, and instead bites her lip in anticipation. He slides a finger into her, right where she’s aching and wet, pressing against the hunger as she tightens her muscles around him, wanting him deeper inside her.

The mist of the hot air is too much, and she moans at the loss of him. He removes the finger, places it in his mouth and sucks on it.

“Can’t you taste me, not your finger?” she begs breathlessly.

She turns to the water.

“I can’t breathe with that thing on,” she gasps.

He blocks her hand from turning it off, and lifts one of her legs over his shoulder and thrusts his tongue deeply inside her. Instantly, she ripples against him, exuding a lustful moan. She tries to open her eyes, but she can’t see anything but the sparkles behind her lids as she pulsates. He’s attacking her flesh, lapping over her securing folds, diving inside her to taste as much as he could. She cries out as the hot rush floods through her, and her mind is pounded with the sensory overload. He doesn’t stop, his mouth now clasps over her core, encircling it, leaving it damp and swollen. Then he gently flicks it with his finger, causing her hips to tremble, while he continues to stroke her lavishly.

Her body is begging for more, and he is far from disappointing. His fingers replace his tongue, gliding in and out of her, faster and faster. Feeling her nails jamming into his shoulders, he keeps a firm support of her above him. Her head’s banging lightly back and forth against the shower wall, which she does to keep consciousness as her mind loses itself in sensations. She feels him, opens up to him, spills open to him…

“Danny…” she moans, writhing against him, needing it harder.

He rises up slowly, still driving his fingers in and out of her without mercy.

“I may have a minor concussion,” she groans.

He smiles, removing his fingers, gently picking her up.

“Stay with me,” he says hotly into her ear.

She moans, wanting him inside her, as she braces herself against him.

“Then turn off the gorram water so I can breathe and make love to me.”

She feels him enter her and she arches, letting him fill her. Thriving together, she reaches blindly to shut off the water, but misses and drags it accidentally towards them, covering them in blinding heat. She swallows the water, it burning her skin. The kisses turn into deep panting against each other’s mouths. Her fingers cup his face as they surround themselves in the hot air, the water, and the building release they seek.

She squeezes herself around him, feeling herself near, and he follows her. She pulls his mouth closer, and clenching one more time, she cries out her orgasm in his mouth, feeling him shatter inside her.

Exhaustion subsiding, they held each other, long and close.

“Can we do this again when I come home tonight?”

“I was thinking on my lunch break,” he replies.

She laughs against him.

“Did I hurt your bruises?” he asks.

“No, not at all.”

She turns the water off. They hold each other for awhile until all the water flows off their crisp skin.

“So now that we’ve done that, shall we get dressed? We’re supposed to meet Will and Francie for brunch.”

“Sounds like a plan. Though I’m saddened they’re tearing us away from each other.”

“We’ll slip away somehow, but I haven’t seen them in a over two weeks, you know my job.”

“Oh yes, we all do.”

~~~~~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as I'm a huge S/V fan, I've always liked Danny.
This story was really good. I'm anxious to read more.
Please PM when you update.

Kate

Wow, I never thought I'd get such great replies! Thank you! AA is such a non-Danny place. I loved him though, and I loved him with Sydney. I'd love him to come back temporarily and have a round two with Sydney. I'm such a Syd/Danny and Syd/Vaughn girl! Here's chapter 2!

Chapter 2

“Where is this place, I’m afraid I’m going to see a cow any minute.”

“I don’t know, Francie’s crazy, she just does this thing every now and then where we practically road trip for lunch. Turn here, I think.”

He turns.

“Yeah, there’s their car.”

They walk in and immediately Francie shoots up out of her chair.

“Syd, you’re late!”

Sydney dashes over to hug her.

“I know, I always am, but your directions sucked, sweetheart.”

“Get over here, handsome man,” Francie says, embracing Danny while Sydney exchanged hugs with Will.

“So how are you?” Sydney asks Will.

“Fantastic, you look wonderful.”

“Thank you, so do you. I miss you, give me another hug,” she says.

Danny and Francie whisper something back and forth and giggle.

“All right, we gonna sit down?”

“Yes! Let’s!”

The four of them sit together and order drinks first.

“So…Sydney, what have you been doing lately, as if we need to ask?”

“Oh hush, I know I work too much, but luckily I just graduated, and I married the man I love.”

“See, she’s already had too much to drink, she’s happy she married me,” Danny says.

“Why am I always a bridesmaid, never a bride?” Francie asks.

“Because you pick the wrong men,” Sydney teases.

“Oh! Thank you!”

Sydney and Francie laugh at Will.

“No, we all love you Will,” Sydney replies. “I’m sorry, I’m just being bad. Ooh, my appetizer, back up. I’m starving. I got in late last night—“

“Which…happens with you,” Will finishes.

“Yes, thank you. And my husband here, had fixed me dinner.”

“Now why don’t you do that?”

“I do! Hey, I cook food for your restaurant, and for you.”

“Oh Francie, Will’s a keeper,” Danny says.

As they talk, laugh, eat, and drink, Sydney feels Danny’s hand slide up her leg. She smiles, wanting it too. Placing a hand over his, she gently guides him into caressing mode of her inner thigh under the table.

“Remember at the wedding, I was getting so nervous to speak, I could barely stand up.”

“You wanted to be my best woman,” Sydney expresses.

“I loved that! I loved that it was a best woman, a small step for woman-kind.”

“Well I try. I like it traditional, but I also like a little something different.”

“So how’s the writing going, Will?”

“You ever feel like you’re just writing and no one’s reading, and if they are, they’re skimming over something just to get to a good part?”

“Yeah, every time I write a prescription.”

“They not liking your stuff?” Sydney says, munching away.

“No, love it, always do. How’s your job?”

Sydney’s cell phone rings, like clockwork.

“Still going, apparently,” Will replies.

“Just give me one second,” Sydney says, pulling it out.

She stands up.

“I’ll just—“

“We know, we know, go answer it,” Francie says.

“It’s my father.”

“Oh hang up on him,” Francie exclaims.

“Francie, come on.”

“It’s okay, I’ll be right back,” Sydney says.

Sydney walks over to the door and answers it.

“Dad, I’m at dinner, what happened?”

“Nothing tragic, do you think you could come in tomorrow and help me with something?”

“Tomorrow, a Sunday? At work you mean?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

“Sure, of course I can. You all right?”

“Yes, enjoy your dinner.”

The line ended.

She came back over to her party.

“False alarm. So where were we?”

“What did he have to say?”

“Francie, you’re the one that told me to push for a relationship with him.”

“I know, I just don’t want you to get hurt again, Syd. He doesn’t treat you the way you deserve to be treated.”

“It’s getting better though, I was just telling Will the other week, I’m learning that he has a heart, little by little.”

“He didn’t even come to the wedding!”

“Let’s simmer down. You’re ruining what this great cosmopolitan should be doing for me. I’m not letting him get to me, don’t let him get to you, I belong to you guys tonight, let’s have a good time.”

“We’re taking a vacation,” Francie grins from ear to ear.

“Oh really?” Sydney smiles.

“We’re going to the mountains.”

“Sounds great.”

Sydney continues to try to listen and laugh, prying Danny’s hand from between her thighs.

Finally they’re back in the car, it’s past midnight, and they have the windows down. The air smells like flowers, flowing into the car. Neither one of them can think about anything but each other, and along with the flowers, Sydney swears she can smell the desire between them.

Her nipples ache against her shirt. Her entire body is screaming for him, and she can feel his calling for her in the silent air. She reaches for his hand, pulling it from the steering wheel. She puts in gently to her chest, slipping it beneath her shirt, over her breast. He caresses her hardened nipple through the material of the bra. Peeling the cup down, he flicks his finger over it, and she’s gone.

Unconsciously her spreads her legs a little, and she’s tossing her head back against the seat.

“Pull over,” she whispers.

He does just that. She’s all over him. She undoes the zipper of his jeans, she tugs his shirt off, never remembering this kind of lust. He falls onto her when they climb in the backseat, not caring if they get arrested. Her head’s banging against the door as he drives into her. It flies open, letting the cool air in, but she barely notices. She inhales the fragrance of the night air, taking in the memory, forever.

Lying together in the backseat, she feels complete. She has the man she loves, they have their life together. She’s free from SD6, he knows what she does. Most of all, they still balance and accept each other. She thinks she’s done it. She thinks she’s done the impossible. Combine the lives she couldn’t let go of.

But is it really over? Is the danger over? Is her life as perfect as she thinks, or are there eyes always watching her, somewhere, from some far away place? And can she fight everything?

That was cute. I liked the talk between all of them even though it was sometimes hard to know who was talking. It made it seem like they were more excited and talking over one another though. Update again soon.
Kate

Oh and about Danny coming back for a round 2 on Alias. I liked him, but not enough to have him rise from the dead and have us doubt the entire premise of the show!!!

You wrote that so perfectly. I felt like I was watching Syd, Francie and Wills relationship back in season one. I miss them. Oh and I loved how you had Syd and Danny pull over on the side of the road to make love like to lustful teenagers! fantastic.

They walk in and immediately Francie shoots up out of her chair.

“Syd, you’re late!”

Sydney dashes over to hug her.

“I know, I always am, but your directions sucked, sweetheart.”
That was my favorite part. It really sounded like a conversation that Francie and Sydney would have. They are so blunt and honest with each other and I love it. It reminds me when Syd offered Francie her closet, and Francie was like no thanks I've got Boobs! LOL

I loved him though, and I loved him with Sydney. I'd love him to come back temporarily and have a round two with Sydney.
He didn't really have much of a round one. which really sucked! You know If they didn't over do the whole bringing people back from the dead thing then I would totally agree and wish for Danny to come back and spice things up a little. What they really need to do is throw in some competition for Vaughn. I mean we sat back and watch Syd lust after him in season three, well now it's time for him to feel threatened to loose Syd. That way it would make him love her so much more.

Chapter 3

She sits looking at the photo she took with her. She rocks back and forth, wondering what she could’ve been. She is smiling in the photo, playing a role. How she loved that role. How she worked over time to create it into herself.

She thinks about a life where she just is, where she doesn’t have to pretend or create. For her, she never allows her mind to wonder very far this way. She has always been in so deep, so pulled in, that she has no identity. She can’t remember ever having one. Trying to find herself under each layer, yes, every now and then she still reaches. She reaches down into herself, getting beneath another layer, but it’s the same as the last. She’s too far gone. She is no one. She almost isn’t human. Indestructible.

But she’s only indestructible because there is nothing to destroy.

She was taught long ago that she was a tower of strength, a force. She still is. She is still here. This path was chosen for her. That is what she believes. Others believe it as well, but she doubts the one who holds the real power does. But she will, in time she will learn. It’s always the females of the world who have the power in the end. The men are along for the ride. And in the end, they cannot handle a woman of this type of strength.

“You said it would happen, it hasn’t yet.”

“Give her time, it will,” she replied, not even bothering to look up from the photo.

“You say that everyday. You’re so sure.”

“He wants children. It will happen.”

“What if he ruins things for us?”

“It’s about her. It’s her firstborn, the father is irrelevant.”

“Isn’t the man always to you?” he says, leaving her alone again.

XxX

Sydney loses Stanley today. He dies in the line of fire. Donating himself to his country in hopes of a better world. She bens down to him as he closes his eyes, tries to stop the bleeding. Weiss puts his arms over her, and pulls her away. She wants to fight and make a miracle happen, but as always, she has to be professional.

Stanley is now just another casualty. They will place his name up on the board at the Headquarters, but that is nothing. He is gone, and no tribute to anyone is ever enough.

When she walks in the door, she sees Danny on the couch, leaning back against it. His wrist lies over his eyes.

“How was your day?” she asks, still thinking of Stanley.

“Robert has three months.”

Sydney’s eyes close in complete pain for him.

“Oh sweetie,” she says, dropping everything and coming over to him. “Come here,” she says, climbing on him.

She cups his face and pulls him up to her. Straddling his hips, he sits up, holding her, needing the comfort. She holds his face against her heart, rocking him.

“I know you tried.”

“I swore after Jared I’d never let anyone hear there’s nothing to be done.”

“I know,” she whispers. “I lost someone today too.”

He pulled back and looked up at her.

“What happened?”

“Someone I worked with…died today. I tried to save him, but there was nothing I could do. I wished I was you. I wished I was a healer.”

“He died in the line of fire?”

“Yeah. I could tell he chose to. Still makes me feel like I failed him. We both had days from hell where we lost in our fight to save.”

“Thank God you came home.”

“I will always come home,” she reassured.

“Keep telling me that.”

“Everyday.”

She kisses the top of his head, relishing in the feeling of his strong arms wrapped around her body like thick vines, protecting her.

“If I have to feel this way, I want to feel it with you, because you understand it, the powerlessness,” Danny says to her.

“I do understand it. We both kill ourselves everyday saving parts of the world. We pour ourselves into it, that’s maybe why we love each other so much. Because of how much we admire each other.”

He brings her mouth to his, drinking a kiss from her.

“I love you.”

“I love you. I always have. And I’m so sorry. I know how hard you worked to try to keep Robert alive.”

“I’ve been there though, when they tell you that nothing can be done, and today, I had to say that.”

“Weiss had to pull me from Stanley’s body. I wanted to keep trying. Jesus,” she hisses, resting her forehead against his. “Well we’ve had days from hell. Days everyone in our positions dread.”

She lets two tears trail down her face. His hands rise from her shoulders to her face, wiping them away.

“It’s okay,” he says.

“I know, it just…sucks.”

He cups her hips, drawing her nearer. She encircles her legs around his waist, gathering herself around him in the most intimate position possible. People would look at them and think it might turn sexual, and it could, but it is so much deeper than that. They pressed their hearts together, the silence of their bodies touching.

“I’m in so much less danger now,” she whispers, trying to calm his fears. “I know everyday you fear a phone call that it’s me they’ll be wheeling in next, but we made it through SD6. You stayed with me through the most dangerous time of my life, and you risked your own. I never thought anyone would do that.”

He snatches her from him, catching her off guard.

“Would you stop doubting me? I’m not going anywhere. You thought I’d leave you alone to fight your way out of that place? You want to serve our country, how could I ever deny you anything?”

She closes her eyes.

“I don’t doubt you, I just sometimes wonder if he’d gotten you.”

“You would’ve kept going, it’s what you do.”

She tips her head down, resting her cheek against his shoulder.

“You’ve got me,” she promises.

“I know.”

They lay down then, exhausting the pain of their day until they heard a knock on the door.

“I am so comfortable right now,” she complains.

In the distance, a pager goes off.

He sits up, bringing her with him.

“Which one of us is that?” he says, reaching towards the noise.

“You check, I’ll get the door.”

Sydney opens the door to have Francie thrive in, energetic as always. Seeing the looks on Danny and Sydney though, she knows something’s wrong.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I came unannounced and at a bad time.”

“One sec sweetie,” Sydney says, looking at Danny. “Was it you or me?”

“Me, I’ve got to back.”

“You do?” she pleads unhappily. “Will you be okay?”

He smiles at her. She smiles back, understanding how ironic that sentence sounding coming from her this time, instead of him.

“I know,” she replies.

“I’ll call you as often as I can,” he tells her, kissing her goodbye. “I love you, I’ll see you shortly Francie. Keep her company.”

He hugs Francie lightly before leaving.

Sydney goes over to the kitchen, sits in a chair, putting her head into her hands. Francie stands there for a moment, wanting to help. Coming over to Sydney, she strokes Sydney’s hair.

“Honey, what happened?”

“Danny’s losing a patient,” she replies, without looking up at her best friend.

“Oh sweetie, what can I do?”

“I don’t know, give me the right words? I don’t know what to say to him. How to help him through it. He has three months left, three months in which Danny will hate himself and the rest of his life he will…”

“Sydney, I mean I know…I know why, but he’s a doctor. He has to see this everyday. But he’s lucky, because he comes home to life. No one brings more life to anything than you.”

Sydney combs her hands through her hair, then lays them on the table.

“I feel like hell. He’s going to be there all night.”

“You two are perfect for each other.”

A small smile touches Sydney’s lips.

“Yes, thank you.”

“I could get you drunk.”

“You always get me drunk.”

“And the problem with that is? Your life is insane. You deserve a break from it.”

“I have you,” Sydney says. “That’s all I need.”

“But you need to remember to take it easy too.”

“I lost someone today, Francie. Someone I work with.”

“How?”

“He died.”

Francie, always fearful and never anything but blunt with Sydney, exhales smoothly.

“Could it have been you?”

“Francie, I came home,” Sydney says firmly.

Francie calms herself.

“I’m sorry, I just love you.”

“I love you too.”

“So you and Danny both lost someone today.”

“Yeah, we have that in common, the powerlessness.”

“Well at least you two are doing something interesting with the world, something good for it. I have a restaurant for crying out loud.”

Sydney can’t help but laugh at her best friend.

“Well people do need good food in the world.”

“Oh this is making me depressed. I hate it when you are in pain and I have no clever things to say to get you out of it. Let’s at least make some popcorn and a beer before we get all in depth, all right?”

An hour later they sat on the couch watching bad t.v. and making each other laugh.

“Danny should be here able to laugh with us,” Francie comments.

“Yeah, I wish he was.”

“You know who’d be great right about now? Weiss. He is such comic relief, oh my God,” she says with her mouth full.

“Well what about Will? Where is he?”

“Doing something with Amy. So it’s just you and me.”

Sydney looks at Francie. Tears flood her eyes.

“I love you so much.”

Francie looks into Sydney’s brown eyes.

“Oh come here,” she says, pulling Sydney into her arms. “Shhh, it’s okay, you just let it all out. I’m so sorry you lost someone today.”

“Thank you.”

“Do you…hang on…” Francie reaches for the Kleenex. “Is there going to be a funeral? I could go with you.”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t involved in his personal life, but I’m sure we’ll be informed. I just consider myself so blessed. I survived it and you all are still here.”

“You always do, you always survive. And it was gonna be you and me and then you just HAD to get married,” Francie teases.

“I did,” Sydney laughs.

“And you’re happy, and you’re gonna be happy. You’re strong and you’re gorgeous, your father’s become a part of your life, you’re away from Sloane, what more could you ask for?”

“Ice cream,” she replies.

“Ooh, good point.”

Francie leaves Sydney’s arms just long enough to grab a quart of ice cream and two spoons.

“So, Ms. Married. The sex still good?”

“Yes,” Sydney says without thinking, then she laughs at herself.

“Gotta love honesty,” Francie says, aiming a spoonful to her. “Open up.”

“Mmm. Thanks. We couldn’t even wait to get home after lunch with you two, we pulled over.”

“Seriously?!?”

“Yes.”

“You? On the side of the road?”

“Hey! Why not?”

“No reason here, I wish I had that kinda guts. Was it good?”

“No Francie, we pulled over for bad sex,” she replies sarcastically.

“I was just asking. Have another bite, here ya go.”

“Thank you. You wanna stay up all night watching television?”

“Absolutely, with beer and ice cream and popcorn, I’m in Heaven!”

Doing exactly that, they fall asleep three hours later with the television still running. Another two hours later, Danny comes home. Seeing them both in a deep sleep, he smiles to himself as he grabs a throw, covering them both up.

~~~~~~~To Be Continued~~~~~~~~

Hello hun!

This fic is wonderful, it's nice to see a fic that isn't S/V. Don't get me wrong, I love S/V but it's nice to read something different for once. You have the right mixture of sex, humor, intimancy, characterization, drama and heart. Usually, fics in this forum don't have that. Snaps for you hun! Bravo! :D