NEW POLICY: Promotion

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Promotion

AllAlias.com is not a means nor a platform for you to promote other sites. There is no reason to create a post for the purpose of promoting another site.

There are exceptions to the don’t-link-to-other-sites-in-a-post rules
- You are citing a source
- Someone asked “where can I find a transcript/screencaps/whatever for episode X?” and you are answering their question directly, or you are posting a link to highly relevant content (for example, creating a thread linking to your transcript would be OK)

Notes:
- Yes, this DOES apply to the Random thread. No saying, “Hey, I created a new site. Please visit it.”
- Still feel free to link to other sites in your signature – but make sure your signature is within the limit (7 normal lines without image, two with an image)
- This DOES APPLY to PMs! Don't send messages to members promoting your site(s) unless you know them personally.

On your first offense, you will be warned, on a second offense you may be suspended for a period of time. Note that we reserve the right to skip the first warning and go right to the second for offenses we consider particularly wrong (for example, spamming by creating a topic in 10 forums for the sole purpose of promoting your site).

If you have a question about this policy, please reply to this thread with the question.

SecretAgentMan said:
I was getting really annoyed with site advertisements and PM's from some individuals. Hopefully they will read this.
I know. :blink: I was getting pms from certain people... :confused:

SecretAgentMan said:
I was getting really annoyed with site advertisements and PM's from some individuals. Hopefully they will read this.
Note that from now on, any PMs advertising a site from someone you don't know well or at all should be forwarded to me for investigation - that is now against the rules.

No, I meant like, I post something in my sig that's a link to something on this site. Like a fanfiction story that I wrote or something. That's on the site, I'm just giving a link to it.
kylo4

kylo4 said:
No, I meant like, I post something in my sig that's a link to something on this site. Like a fanfiction story that I wrote or something. That's on the site, I'm just giving a link to it.
kylo4
You can link to any site in your signature, as long as it does not have content of an adult nature, promote violence, and as long as you don't get paid when people click or if they buy something once they visit the page(s).

However, this policy does not apply to other sites linking to AA - they may have their own policies. But of course, we have no objections with people linking to AllAlias.com pages - it's just embeding images we have a problem with :smiley:

Oh, ok, thanks. How are the people suspended? Is it like, when they try to log in, they can't? Are they told when they can come back on???? I know that I keep asking a lot of questions but I just want to know some of these things.
kylo4

kylo4 said:
Oh, ok, thanks. How are the people suspended? Is it like, when they try to log in, they can't? Are they told when they can come back on???? I know that I keep asking a lot of questions but I just want to know some of these things.
kylo4
Suspensions are automatic. An admin can suspend someone for a set number of hours or days. When the person logs on, they are told they have X amount of time left before their suspension is over. Once this time is reached, the suspension will automatically be lifted.

This suspension system may be more widely used with a warning system that will be implemented in the near future.

Also, in this case, most suspensions will be short – less than 10 hours, be the offense isn’t that large.

SiriCerasi said:
wait so if we post a site like for an article or something we want ppl to read we cant do that anymore? :blink: :thinking:
You can link to informative sites (such as news articles), especially if they are not yours.

I DONT HAVE A SIG YET..........HOW DO U GET 1
Go to My Controls. BTW, it is considered screaming on the internet if you type in ALL CAPS, so when possible, please try to stear clear of it :smiley:

Back