No Show Like Alias

Spike

Cadet
We all have our complaints about season 3. I think season 3 has the potential to be better than season 2 still and i trust JJ and the writers they know what they're doing. We're addicted because of them. However, can anyother show keep us on the edge of our seats with butterflies waiting for the new episode? I have 3 more hours to go and i'm dying just to hear the credits music. :D

Season 3 of Alias had the potential to be the greatest season. But half of it is over and many fans have been left disappointed. The show me able to redeem itself, but when looking back at the end of the season, no matter how good the second half of it was, the season as a whole won't compare. It's a matter of opinion though. Some people will focus more on the positive.

But I agree--there's no other show like Alias, and Alias is still the best.

maybe if they hadn't brought lauren into the show, gotten rid of will and francie, made dixon director, had irina back, didn't make sydney so pathetic, had more missions... the show could be good. but with all this. and not to mention the stupid, dragged out love triangle... the show doesn't even compare to the first two seasons.

I see your point aliasgirlie, but have you taken the chance to go back and watch the season three eppies one after another? That's what I did, and it totally changed my perspective! I think it's been difficult on everybody because JJ did such a fantastic job with the cliffhanger last year that we were expecting him to stay high.

I think the show is taking it's "U-turn" of the season. Lauren is finally in her true light, and I'm LOVING the bad Lauren. She finally has confidence and the show had been lacking an evil woman since Irina and/or Francie left!

And you never know. I mean, look at how many things JJ is setting himself up for! There are little hints everywhere; little bits of information we thought of as odd, but didn't see where he was going with it. JJ is very good at setting eppies up weeks and weeks ahead of time.

I'm personally quite excited for what's to come. Syd said she and Vaughn always find each other, and they just have to get Lauren out of the way!

I don't think they have given themselves time to "make it better" (than last season). Besides, I pretty much figured Lauren would be evil. It would have been a gigantic surprise if she wasn't, so that took way too long for the "big" reveal--over half the season. Yawn-ola. So now we have to wait for everyone else to catch up to where we are . . . knowing what she is. I expect they are going to spend way too long on that . . . and Mr Abrams pretty much said that was his mistake with Will Tippin--they had him not knowing what we all knew for too long! We had the same situation with Francie. It tends to make our heroes look stupid. If we know it for a lot longer than our heroes know it, they start looking stupid.

At least Weiss looked suspicious of her this week!
;)

As long as there is a big payoff in the last episodes of the season, Season 3 can be redeemed. What does everyone think about Sydney moving on from Vaughn since he is still with Lauren? I am a huge S/V shipper, but she told him she was going to move on in "Crossings." I think the only one that I could see her with besides Vaughn is Will, if he could come back, but it would take a long time to develop that storyline to get to the place where we can see Sydney believably choosing Will. I miss Will a lot and the eppy with him from Season 3 has been one of my favorites. In the end, however, Sydney and Vaughn MUST be together. While I love the cute, puppy dog Vaughn, he needs to become a stronger character really soon or risk becoming too pathetic for Sydney's affections. Bringing his Dad back might add to the complexity of his character.

If I'm going to remember season 3 as an altogether good season, then the rest of the episodes has to be GREAT! There have been some very good eps, but also some very disapointing ones... So far I think that the other two seasons are better than this one.

kinda already said this in VH season 3 topic but for me lack of s/v, lack of will n francie (or any life for syd utside of work), lack of irina - all made season 3 less good.
BUT
that said - i don't think you can truelly say wot u think about a season of alias until you see it all - cos there will undoubtedly be things which aren't seen until the end. I still have the FAITH JJ tol us to have. and i loved Blowback!!!! in fact - although the fell of season 3 hasnt been so good i still enjoy watching - i've never watched an episode and thought - that sucked.

Personally I think we are spoiled, we Alias fans. We sure dont see so much on the PERSON Sydney Bristow as we did in season 1 and 2. They have made it about Sydney Bristow the AGENT.
And sure, for Vaughn/Syd fans it seemed like the big problem was the entering with Lauren but I think it's really because of the lack of personality in the characters. We dont reconize the characters no more and it's most about despair. Sydney sad because Vaughn is married, Vaughn because he haft to choose between Lauren and Sydney and so on... I just going to take a new examples on how the characters have changed:

Vaughn: In the season finale "Almoust 30 years" he was willing to break CIA rules to help Sydney, and he was strong and just every girl's (then and if you look away from mr Sark) dream. Now he is potraited as a weak character who even cant make a simple choice between Sydney and Lauren. For me it seems like he is mostly together with Lauren because he wants to show gratefulness for getting him out of his "I chould have died with Sydney" state.

Sydney. Alright, Im giving her some slack because she has been through a lot of pain in her life but... She has now becomming a... agent. It sounds wierd but as I pointed out before, she has become Sydney the agent instead of Sydney the person.

that's about it I can think of right now

Lauren Sark said:
We sure dont see so much on the PERSON Sydney Bristow as we did in season 1 and 2. They have made it about Sydney Bristow the AGENT.
Excuse me? What was all that moaning and groaning and angst over Vaughn? My God,. you're telling me that was the agent?
:eek:

verdantheart said:
Lauren Sark said:
We sure dont see so much on the PERSON Sydney Bristow as we did in season 1 and 2. They have made it about Sydney Bristow the AGENT.
Excuse me? What was all that moaning and groaning and angst over Vaughn? My God,. you're telling me that was the agent?
That greeving part is just about the thing we see from Syd as a person and that aint much... And I, personally, just stops liking her for some reason... Maybe because there arent so much about her outside CIA anymore?

Hey Alias girlie - SYDNEY IS NOT PATHETIC!!!

I don't wanna hear anyone insulting Sydney or calling her names!

Don't do it again or I could get really really really really really mad!!!!!!!!

OK?!

;)

Lauren Sark said:
verdantheart said:
Lauren Sark said:
That greeving part is just about the thing we see from Syd as a person and that aint much... And I, personally, just stops liking her for some reason... Maybe because there arent so much about her outside CIA anymore?
there isn't so much sydney outside of the cia cause she has nobody outside of the cia to interact with. cause will and francie are gone. and she can't hang out with vaughn anymore.

and they're too involved with lauren's character to bother show more of sydney's characer.

hello... why isn't anyone asking sydney about her past two years anymore?

Why would anyone ask her. When she feels comfortable to tell someone she will. Vaughn has too much respect and love for her to just barge into her life and ask what happened. He feels bad enough about whats happening to him. She may have already told Jack dont really know. As far as Syd being more Agent this year than regular Syd that is completely false. Look at how she completely leans on jack for support. Last season she had her mother, her friends, and Vaughn. This year she has nothing except her dad and we are forced tot ake a look at what Sydney really is without all of her support system. I think we're taking more of a look into the actual personalities of Syd and Vaughn than ever before.

Back