Fantasy The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

SiriCerasi said:
allaliasallthetime said:
I've seen the trailer for the Hobbit! It's supposed to come out on December 16th 2006 though -_-
eh?! i didnt think PJ even knew if he was doing it yet :blink: actually i thought he was leaning away from it :confused:
apparently there's a hoax trailer for the hobbit going around, that's probably what you saw.

Frogboy_Lives said:
SiriCerasi said:
allaliasallthetime said:
I've seen the trailer for the Hobbit! It's supposed to come out on December 16th 2006 though -_-
eh?! i didnt think PJ even knew if he was doing it yet :blink: actually i thought he was leaning away from it :confused:
apparently there's a hoax trailer for the hobbit going around, that's probably what you saw.
I heard that too...I think the guy just used scenes form the FOTR for the so-called "trailer".

Anyways about the movie, I thought it was amazing!!! One of my favorite parts of it (and all 3 for that mater) was the soundtrack!!! All the songs were amazing ;) !

I thought the Shelob part was nasty :blink: :P lol.

My favorite scene was the part with Eowyn (wrong spelling) and Merry on the horse riding through ll that chaos of the battle with those huge elephant thingamabobs :lol: . She kicked that Witch Kings arse :lol: .

Only downside..its all over :( ...no more waiting for a year for the next one..thats kinda sad :depressed: .

SiriCerasi said:
allaliasallthetime said:
From what I have heard, PJ would love to do the Hobbit but there are some major technicalities with copyright issues to be able to make it into a film and write the screenplay etc.

ok I checked out an interview and Elijah Wood confirmed they are looking into making the Hobbit, it will not be out necessarily by December 16th 2006, they don't have the rights yet which means no screenplay, casting etc. If they did have the Hobbit, you wouldn't be seeing many characters that you love now though, probably Legolas, a few of the dwarves from the Council of Elrond only younger, and Bilbo along with Gandalf.

'Return of the King' Takes Crown at Weekend Box Office
Sunday December 21 2:10 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Unlike most movie franchises, the hugely successful "Lord of the Rings" trilogy is ending with a bang at the box office.

According to studio estimates issued on Sunday, the much-hyped fantasy saga "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" sold $125.1 million worth of tickets in its first five days of release across North America, setting several new records in the process.

The final installment in director Peter Jackson's hobbit series performed 24 percent better than its predecessor, "The Two Towers," which opened with $102 million one year ago and went on to make $341 million domestically.

The five-day haul for the new film ranks as the best for a Wednesday release, surpassing the old record of $105 million set by "Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace" in 1999.

This Week's Guests:
John Calley and
Anthony Minghella
Watch this week's entire episode online!
click to watch now
at Yahoo! Movies

Its Friday-to-Sunday tally of $73.6 million is the best three-day opening for a December release, beating the "Two Towers" mark of $62 million. On this basis, it also ranks as the third-best opener of 2003 behind "The Matrix Reloaded" ($91.8 million) and "X2: X-Men United."

The franchise kicked off in December 2001 with "The Fellowship of the Ring," which earned $47.2 million in its first three days, $94 million in five days (including Christmas Day), and finished up with about $314 million.

The films, shot in New Zealand for about $100 million each, were released by New Line Cinema, a unit of Time Warner Inc.

first of all ... awesome movie ... but man, was it dragged ... I mean ... at least 30 minutes of the film should have been cut off ... it was dragged like forever ... but in all great movie ... (y) (y)

Nad said:
ok I checked out an interview and Elijah Wood confirmed they are looking into making the Hobbit, it will not be out necessarily by December 16th 2006, they don't have the rights yet which means no screenplay, casting etc. If they did have the Hobbit, you wouldn't be seeing many characters that you love now though, probably Legolas, a few of the dwarves from the Council of Elrond only younger, and Bilbo along with Gandalf.
I don't think you'd see Legolas, as the only possible time he could appear would be when Thorin and the other dwarves were captured by the Evles of Mirkwood, and even then it concentrates on Thurandil. you'd definately see Elrond though.

I totally agree with your statement Siri, in all honesty, my dad and I were talking and the thing is....if they wanted they could even have a cameo of Aragorn when Bilbo is in Rivendell or somewhere else seeing as that was where the Dunedain were. I would seriously be surprised if they didn't have a cameo of Legolas, he was around, they talk with his father, etc. I am not saying he'd have lines or anything, in fact, I don't think he should have lines, but it would make sense to have him present, either Bilbo seeing him as he runs around invisible, or at the feast when Bilbo's party keeps running in on them....there are a lot of things they could do with the Hobbit, I hope they get the rights.

Alias_Gay said:
first of all ... awesome movie ... but man, was it dragged ... I mean ... at least 30 minutes of the film should have been cut off ... it was dragged like forever ... but in all great movie ... (y) (y)
I know whatcha mean...I thought it was gonna end like 5 times before it actully did :lol:!

Ok, to some people the movie dragged. But seriously, they covered everything they had to, and they could have even added more like the Scouring of the Shire. The whole thing was completely left out.