On the Run

Faela

Cadet
Ok, so it will probably help if people read On the Hunt before they read this as it has all of the back story and references to things and characters from the previous story. But you dont have to, I'm sure things will make sense... I hope hehehehee... Ladies and Gentlemen! Children of all ages!! *drum roll*

Chapter One

“Dad.”

“Go Sydney, I’ll be fine, you have to go.”

“Dad, don’t do this, please, there has to be another way.”

“There isn’t, the NSA and CIA can’t be trusted, as long as you’re free you can get to the bottom of this, Sweetheart you have to go.” Jack took hold of his stubborn daughters face in both hands and looked deep into her eyes as they swam with tears.

“I’m scared.” Sydney whispered as the plane on the tarmac behind her began to start up.

“I know honey, me too, but you’ll be safe that’s all that matters right now.” Jack lent forward and kissed her forehead, pushing her hair back from her face his own eyes begging her to believe him.

“Sydney!” it was her mother, dashing over from the plane as best she could with her injury.

“Sydney, sweetheart we have to go.” Irina breathed as she came up to them.

Sydney looked to her mother then back to her father her eyes uncertain and scared, for all of them, then she did some thing rather uncharacteristic, she leaped forward and hugged her father fiercely.

“I love you dad.” She whispered.

Jack held her tightly and took a deep breath, breathing in her scent, “I love you Sydney, more then anything.” He said realizing he had said this within ear shot of his wife who simply looked worried, her long tangles blowing about her face.

Sydney pulled away from him and smiled sadly, she looked over to her mother who smiled and nodded.

There wasn’t anything more to say, Sydney knew what she had to do, what she had to do to stay alive, to stay three steps ahead of the people who had done this to her, not just to her, but to them, to her parents, her friends, she had to make this right and to do that she had to go.

She smiled, took one last look at her Father, squeezed his hand one last time then made a dash to the plane trying to hold back the flood of tears she wanted to cry.

Irina watched her daughter jog to the plane and made sure she was safely on board before striding over to her husband, taking his face in her hands and drawing him into a deep and intense kiss that could have stopped time for all she knew, she couldn’t hear the plane, couldn’t feel the wind or the cold, only the warmth of his touch, the tenderness of his lips.

Jack took his wife gently by the shoulders and pushed her away breaking the contact that sent bolts of electricity throughout his body and sent his pulse racing.

“Jack.” She breathed his name and her fingers ran through his hair, behind his ears.

“Be safe Irina.”

Very rarely had Jack seen her cry, he could count all the times he had on one hand, right now she was doing her best to keep her emotions contained and under control.

“Come back to me Jack.” She whispered interlocking her fingers with his and drawing his hands to her stomach locking him against her.

He kissed her gently and pulled his hands back pressing her body to his, “I always do.” He whispered into her hair, despite the roaring of the plane she heard him.

“Now go, protect Sydney, keep our daughter safe.” He lent his head on her shoulder and breathed into her ear.

Irina dreaded to pull away from him, half of her screamed for her to run to the plane, to do as he said the other half the louder half screamed for her to stay, to protect him, to fight beside him.

The last few months had been like time travel, going back to a time when they had been happy. Together they had been a passionate couple and over the days and weeks they had spent together searching for their daughter that passion had been reignited, the closeness, the intimacy that she now realized she craved from him. She didn’t want to loose that, loose him again.

“Go Irina.”

She couldn’t, wouldn’t move.

“GO.” He hissed pulling away from her and taking steps back.

She starred at him, her hair flying about her face as she starred into the endless eyes that had both loved and hated her. Holding back her tears she turned and fled to the plane.

Irina climbed aboard and shut the door behind herself checking it was secured she headed down the single aisle and saw Sydney curled up on a chair her jacket wrapped around herself starring out the small window.

She felt a twinge in her chest and knew it had more to do with the heart ache she saw on her daughters face then the bullet to the chest she had taken.

She walked towards Sydney and stopped at her seat watching her daughter for any sign she was going to speak, the plane began to move underneath her and she sat down next to her daughter wanting so very much to comfort her but waiting for Sydney to make the first move.

“Everything is just so wrong.” Sydney said quietly as the plane began to gather speed.

“I know sweetheart.” Irina said softly.

Sydney turned to look at her mother and for the first time really understood what her parents had done for her, her mother had risked her life, her freedom to find her, she had risked everything on the faint hope that Sydney really hadn’t been killed in that house fire. Her father had risked his standing in the CIA, his life to find his little girl.

He had partnered with the one person on earth he said he would never trust again and Irina had risked her credibility as the Man, as the head of a criminal cartel there were certain things you didn’t do, joining up with your CIA husband on a wild goose chase was one of them.

“Mom what are they going to do to him?” Sydney asked eyes filling with tears as they felt the plane take off.

“I… I don’t know.” Irina said honestly as she felt her own emotions boil and flow over the wall of control she had spent years building.

Sydney felt her eyes burn and turned her body in her chair to hug her mother, almost launching herself on the older woman.

Irina let her daughter crush herself against her, ignoring the searing pain it brought to her chest, she had withstood greater pain in Kashmir, she could handle this.

“We’ll make everything alright Sydney, I promise.” She whispered holding her daughter gently running her hands up and down her back.

“How?” Sydney hiccuped.

“I don’t know yet, but your father and I didn’t spend all this time looking for you to be stopped now, we are going to find the people who did this, we’re going to find out why they did this… and we’ll make them pay for taking so much from you.” Irina promised.

Sydney smiled and pulled away from her mother, remembering the wound to her mothers’ right side she realized she had been crushing her mothers’ rib cage.

“Mom, did I hurt you?” she asked quickly seeing her mother shift her weight a little.

“No sweetheart.” Irina brushed her daughters’ fringe away from her face and smiled at her.

Sydney smiled and took a breath trying to calm herself.

“Rest Sydney, get some sleep, you’ve been through a lot.” Irina instructed gently.

“I’m not tired.” Sydney shook her head.

“Sweetheart, I know what its like to go through months of intense torture and starvation, sleep; regain your strength.” Irina smiled warmly.

Sydney took a deep breath and nodded, her mother would know what it was like.

“OK, I’ll sleep… but…” She didn’t seem to be able to finish her sentence.

“But what?” Irina asked softly.

“But only if you stay with me.” She whispered.

Irina felt her heart swell and her eyes filled with tears of joy, she took hold of her daughter again and smiled “I’m not going any where.” She said softly into her daughters’ hair.

“I love you Sydney.” Irina held her as she felt her daughter shift her body to get comfortable.

“I know mom, I know.” Sydney said softly, Irina wasn’t hoping for an ‘I love you too’ she knew that was asking too much from her daughter, but maybe, one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack watched Irina run to the plane and felt a pull in his stomach, the two women he loved more then anything else in the world had just come crashing back into his life and now they were flying out of it again.

He heard tires crunch and sirens scream and cursed softly, the plane had to take off, he turned to face the oncoming authorities and looked to where Zena had fallen, he blinked and looked again. She was gone, there was a pool of blood but she was gone.

Jack watched the cars come towards him and smiled as he heard the plane roll down the run way.

Police officers swarmed around him and demanded he put his hands on his head, he turned away to watch the plane shoot into the sky and put his hands on his head. When they slammed him to the ground and he split his lip he didn’t resist. Let them arrest him, they weren’t getting Sydney or Irina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sir, we’ve apprehended Jack Bristow.”

“Finally! You managed to do something right, I want him and that murdering ex-wife of his in shackles and….”

“Sir, we only apprehended Jack Bristow; we believe Irina Derevko managed to flee the jurisdiction before we were able to close down the air port.”

Lindsey looked up at the assistant who was visibly shaking and scowled, “Do we have any idea where she might be going?”

“No sir; the flight plan wasn’t filed and the plane has… disappeared off radar.”

“Planes don’t just disappear!”

“They do when Irina Derevko is aboard.” Kendell said barging into the room.

“What the hell are you doing in my office?”

“You arrested Jack Bristow.”

“Yes, I have.”

“Why?”

Lindsey narrowed his eyes and smiled darkly, “Treason, he was seen in the company of his Ex-wife, that’s enough probable cause for me to arrest and detain him.” He smiled triumphantly.

“Good luck getting him to talk, you might as well ask for blood from a stone.” Kendell smirked and left the office.

Lindsey growled and glared at the assistant, “I don’t care what it takes, find Irina Derevko!”

Heheheheh an appetizer my lovelies, a mere appetizer hehehhheheehhe more to come!! Read review and enjoy!

That was great. It was nice to see Syd bonding with her dad
and telling him she loves him and he responding.
The Irina Jack goodbye was so emotional for both.
Syd and her mom bonding was awesome too. Especially
the I love you from Irina.
Kendall was right; good luck getting anything out of
Jack especially when he is protecting his women.
Thanks for the pm. Can't wait for more.

Whew, that goodbye was really heartbreaking, but I'm glad Irina and Syd are now in safety. I just love that last comment Kendel said, drawing blood from stone. Hehehe. Wonderful as always, keep up the good work!

Is Kendall actually a good guy in this story? Or is it just Lindsey who gets on his nerves and he'll be an ass to the Derevko/Bristow family the first chance he gets? Love that Zena character, how old is she again? And I so love that Syd/Irina or together w/ Jack, you know, for some mother/daughter quality time. So Syd doesn't have anyone else to open up to but Irina. It's good I think.

Is Kendall actually a good guy in this story? Or is it just Lindsey who gets on his nerves and he'll be an ass to the Derevko/Bristow family the first chance he gets? Love that Zena character, how old is she again? And I so love that Syd/Irina or together w/ Jack, you know, for some mother/daughter quality time. So Syd doesn't have anyone else to open up to but Irina. It's good I think.

Thanks Eyghon for those lovelies comments, It really gives me the warm and fuzzies to know you guys like and appreciate my work, I like people to like my work and want to read more, means ive done a good job.
Thanks for all your awesome reviews and I'm so glad you guys are liking this story as much as the last one.

I hope you guys continue to like my story and keep reading.

P.s Eyghon: Zena is in her mid twenties. And Kendell is kind of a good guy/bad guy in this story, he's not looking to jam up Jack and his family he's looking for the truth but he might get in the way occasionally but not on purpose, Lindsey is the real ass hehehehhe.

Love to you all!! More soon!!!

Didn't I promise more soon! Hehehehhe Always keep my word to my fans, so here it is!

Chapter Two

It was many hours later that Irina woke; Sydney was still curled up asleep on her and Irina wasn’t about to wake her up, unfortunately her daughters elbow as pushing into her ribs, it wasn’t her injured side but after a good couple of hours she was feeling the effects.

She gently eased Sydney’s elbow out from under her ribs and sighed as she slowly got feeling back in her chest.

“Mrs Bristow?” it was the co-pilot; a young woman in her mid twenties.

“Yes?”

“We’ll be landing shortly; we didn’t want to wake you and your daughter until we were only a few minutes out.” She explained kneeling down in the aisle to talk to Irina so she didn’t wake Sydney.

“Thank you.” Irina smiled at her and she stood up and headed back into the cock pit.

Irina shifted around a little and hissed as the side arm on the chair hit her ribs.

“Mom.” Sydney snapped awake and looked at her mother.

“Did I hurt you?” Sydney said looking to were the bullet had ripped into her mother.

“No sweetheart, I’m beating myself up.” Irina smiled and gently rested her hand on her wound.

Sydney took a glance out the window behind her and looked at her mother.

“We’re flying over Moscow.” Irina explained with a smile.

Sydney nodded and watched the city glide beneath them.

“Its safe here, as safe as anywhere is for me.” Irina smiled.

Sydney turned to look at her and for a moment mother and daughter just looked at one another, Irina took her daughters hand gently and squeezed it.

Sydney smiled back and turned to look out the window as they descended towards the air strip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney didn’t know how they managed to get through customs and security but they managed it, their passports were poured over as well as all their other papers. Sydney smiled politely and spoke fluent Russian whenever the airport security personal asked her a question and Irina beamed at her. There were only two small bags, the bag Irina had brought with her from Rome and her laptop that Zena had stashed on the plane after she had dropped Sydney at the hospital.

Sydney carried the two bags as her mother kept wincing and her breathing was getting harder.

“Mother, sit.” Sydney said as they came out into the main foyer of the airport.

Irina smiled softly and did as her daughter demanded. She sat gingerly and put her hand to her side softly.

“I was very impressed with your Russian, if I didn’t know better I’d say you were a native.” Irina smiled as Sydney put the bags under her chair and sat beside her mother.

“That was the idea wasn’t it?” She smiled at her and Irina nodded.

“What now?” Sydney looked around the air port and wondered what would happen next.

“Well if Zena arranged our transport, our car should be arriving any minute.” Irina smiled.

Sydney nodded and looked around the air port, she had this feeling they were being watched, she looked up and spotted the cameras and turned her face away.

“I don’t think we should sit here much longer.” She said softly to Irina.

Irina nodded and stood up gingerly, hand still pressed to her side.

“Maybe we should take you straight to a doctor.” Sydney said picking up the bags and walking along side her mother as they headed for the exit.

“No, I’m fine; we need to get to a safe place first.” Irina smiled at her as they left the air port and Irina looked around the large car park.

“Mom your hurt, you need a doctor.” Sydney insisted.

Irina shot her daughter a look and while they hadn’t been mother and daughter for almost thirty years, Sydney had seen that look on her fathers face, it plainly meant ‘stop pushing I’m fine.’

Sydney sighed and shook her head, no wonder she was stubborn, she got it from both sides of her family.

Irina seemed to spot someone she recognised because she smiled at Sydney more brightly and walked towards the person, who turned out to be a young blonde woman.

“Ms Irina, welcome home.” Said the woman with a tightness in her voice that gave away how worried she had been.

“It’s nice to be home Anushka, this is my daughter Sasha.” Irina introduced Sydney using the name on her passport.

“It’s nice to meet you Sasha; I trust you enjoyed your holiday.” The young woman shook Sydney’s hand and smiled.

“Oh yes, Rome was fascinating.” Sydney smiled and shook the woman’s hand.

“I restocked your fridge Ms Irina and brought a few things from the office to the house, I trust you’ll want to go home first, get some sleep.” Anushka said taking the bags from Sydney and leading them away from the air port towards a line of cars.

“Yes Anushka, we’re both very tired.” Irina nodded.

“Of course; this way.” Anushka smiled and they slipped through the rows of cars to a small blue car that Anushka unlocked and put their bags in the boot.

Irina slipped into the back while Sydney rode up front; Anushka slipped into the drivers’ seat and started the car, turned the radio on then turned to Irina.

“Zena called, told me what happened, are you alright Ms Irina? Do you need a doctor?” she asked worriedly.

“Nyet Anushka, just a good nights sleep and food.” Irina smiled.

Anushka looked to Irina then Sydney and nodded, “Marcus will be at the house when your arrive, he’s insisting you will not leave the house without him.” She said putting the car in gear and pulling out of the parking space and towards the exit.

Irina smiled and nodded, “We’ll discuss that tomorrow, right now Sydney and I would just like some sleep.”

Anushka nodded as they left the air port and smiled at Sydney, “You were right Ms Irina, she does look like you.”

Sydney blushed slightly and looked over her shoulder to Irina who smiled proudly, “I don’t like to talk about family much, but you are worth bragging about.”

Sydney smiled and turned back around, smiling sheepishly she looked out the window as Moscow sped by.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Bristow looked far to calm for a man who was accused of treason, Kendell watched as he was sat, shackled in a chair in the small interrogation room. He calmly looked around the room, tested how much he could move then sat still, looking at the one way mirror with a small smile on his face. It was that smile that made his blood run cold.

He sighed and ran a hand over his head, this man was a curse.

Marcus Dixon stood next to Kendell a calm look on his face, he looked to Kendell who shook his head, “Why on earth would he go and throw his freedom away.” Kendell demanded.

Marcus looked slightly bemused, “Why does Jack ever do anything.”

Kendell looked at him and shook his head again, “Sydney.”

Marcus smiled and nodded; “Now you’re catching on.”

Hehehehhehehehhe Read review and enjoy my pretties! I have tomorrow off so you might be lucky enough to get two updates in a row!! I know your all fainting with shock, lol! Love you all!!

I did say I'd post again today didn't I? Im fairly certain I did, I have to work tonight so I might as well post now so you guys have some reading to do :D, plus working tonight means I'll have time to write more :D.
So here you are my lovelies! More spyfamily fun!

Chapter Three

Jack rubbed at his wrist were the restraint was digging in but other then that gave no sign of being distressed by his surroundings or treatment. Let them lock him up, they would never find Irina or Sydney. Irina was in hiding for thirty years, she knew how to cover her tracks and stay off the radar, if there was ever a person who could hide Sydney as well as Jack himself it was his wife.

Jack smiled coldly when the door was pushed open by Kendell, he watched the man throw down a manila folder and shut the door behind himself. He looked pensive and looked to Jack who waited for Kendell to make the first move.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you’re a strange man Johnathon Bristow.” Kendell shook his head.

“Not even my mother calls me Johnathon.” Jack said darkly.
“Does your wife?” Kendell came back with, standing behind his intended seat.

“Depending on the circumstances.” Jack said coolly.

“Damn it Jack.” Kendell cursed, “You’re in serious hot water this time.”

“I haven’t even been charged with anything yet, I’ve just been shackled to this chair for three hours.” Jack replied calmly, he held all the cards, they couldn’t rattle him.

“Treason, you’re being charged with treason Jack; Robert Lindsey has pictures of you with your ex-wife in Rome.” Kendell opened the folder and pulled out the photos, throwing them down in front of Jack.

Jack looked at them then looked calmly up at Kendell, “I took her to the hospital and these don’t definitively prove anything.” Jack said softly.

“He doesn’t need proof of anything Jack, the fact that you are in her presence is enough.” Kendell put his hands on his hips.

Jack lent back in his chair and surveyed Kendell, “What now? Threats intimidation? I’ve been at this a long time, I know the game and I’ve played it, play your hand Kendell and get it over with.” Jack said with disdain.

“Lindsey’s vowed to find Irina Derevko, no matter what it takes; he thinks you know where she is.” Kendell announced.

Jack smiled and laughed coldly, “He thinks he can find her? How stupid is he exactly?”

“This is no laughing matter Jack.”

“My wife was in hiding for more then thirty years, no one had any idea she was even alive, do you really think he has any chance of finding her now.” Jack said coldly.

Kendell sighed and shook his head, “No, I don’t, but he’s going to try and if you don’t tell him everything you know you’re going into solitary confinement.”

Jack raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything, “Fine be stubborn Jack.” Kendell picked up the photos and slid them back into the folder.

“I’d like a word with Marcus Dixon before you ship me out.” Jack said as Kendell turned to the door.

“He’s busy.” Kendell said harshly.

“I don’t really care.”

Kendell looked over his shoulder to Jack and sighed, “I’ll see what I can do.” He nodded.

Jack didn’t nod back or smile just looked at Kendell who pulled open the door and stormed out leaving Jack alone again.

He looked to Marcus who raised an eyebrow, “What do you think?” Kendell asked.

“He’s never going to talk.”

Kendell nodded, “Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of.”

Irina was so glad she owned an apartment building with an elevator; she didn’t think she could have made it to her top floor apartment in her condition. Anushka and Sydney kept shooting her glances and Anushka carried the bags to the apartment.

“The room across the hall has been prepared for Ms Sydney.” Anushka said pushing a key into the lock.

“I’ll stay with my mom, if that’s ok.” Sydney said looking to Irina quickly.

“Of course sweetheart.” Irina smiled as Anushka pushed open the door and they walked into the cosy apartment, Anushka put the bags down on the couch and Sydney walked around the space getting familiar with it.

“Anushka!” Came a male voice and they all turned to the door, a huge man of at least seven foot appeared at the door.

“Da Marcus, we’re home.” Anushka smiled as Irina stood up from the chair she had collapsed gently into and Sydney walked over from the small kitchenette.

“Ms Irina, Ms Sydney, when Zena called and said you were hurt…” Marcus strode over and took both Irina’s hands in his own.

“I’m fine Marcus, honestly.” Irina smiled.

“Zena said you were shot.” He said his eyes trailing her body once looking for obvious trauma.

“Da Marcus, but I’m fine.” Irina smiled and turned a little to look at Sydney.

“This is my daughter, Sydney, Sydney this is Marcus, my body guard.” Irina said as Marcus let her hands go and strode over to Sydney, taking her hand gently and kissing the back of it softly.

“A privilege Ms Sydney, Mr Jack did not come home with you?” Marcus asked looking from Sydney to Irina.

Irina swallowed and shook her head, Sydney answered verbally, “No, he was… arrested.” She said pulling her hand away from Marcus’s gently.

Marcus’s faced showed concern and deep regret before he changed the subject, “I will arrange extra security for the building and a guard for Ms Sydney.”

“No need Marcus.” Irina shook her head.

“Begging your pardon Ms Irina but you are in no condition to defend yourself and Ms Sydney is no better.” He said gently but firmly.

“I can defend myself.” Sydney protested.

“You have spent months in confinement Ms Sydney, you may be your mothers’ daughter but it still took her weeks to recover from being imprisoned in Kashmir.” Marcus looked at her before her mothers voice cut across him sharply in Russian.

“Speak no more of that place.” She hissed and Sydney watched both Anushka and Marcus flinch as if a whip had cracked, her mother commanded deep respect and also fear even from her most trusted operatives.

“You will guard Sydney whenever she leaves the apartment, you will be her constant shadow Marcus.” Irina said after an awkward silence.

“Da Ms Irina.” He nodded obediently.

“Mother, I don’t need a body guard.” Sydney protested.

“Sydney.” Irina held up a hand and Sydney stopped the rest of her protests from spewing out.

“Anushka you will run operations from the office for two weeks, Sydney and I will need at least that to get a reasonable amount of strength back.” Irina smiled softly.

“Da Ms Irina, of course.” Anushka nodded and smiled.

“We’ll see how we go from here, now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to bed.” Irina turned and headed down the short hallway.

The three others swapped looks as she disappeared into the first bedroom and shut the door gently.

“I have never seen Ms Irina so pale.” Anushka said softly her brow furrowed in worry.

“She will need to be watched, she hides her pain too well.” Marcus nodded solemnly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep my eyes on her.” Sydney promised.

“If you need anything Ms Sydney, my apartment is the first one on the right when you step out of the elevator.” Marcus said heading to the door.

“Thanks.” Sydney nodded and smiled.

“And my home number is by the phone, so is Ms Irina’s office number and her personal doctors number is here.” Anushka said walking over to a small table and showing Sydney the draw that held a small phone book.

“Thanks Anushka.” Sydney smiled at her.

“It is no trouble Ms Sydney, you sleep well.” Anushka smiled and headed to the door.

“I will take you home Anushka.” Marcus offered and Anushka smiled one last time at Sydney and waved.

Sydney shut the door behind them and sighed, looking around her mothers’ small home properly; there were photos on the mantel piece she didn’t recognise, possibly of her mothers’ family. Then a photo she did recognise caught her eye, it was of her and her mother when she was very little, she had a photo just like it at home. She picked it up off the mantel piece and cradled it in her hands; she ran her thumb over it and smiled.

She gently replaced the photo and ran her hands over her arms, it was cool and she was tired, deciding she’d nap for a few hours she walked past her mothers’ room and pressed her ear to the door. She could hear movement in the room and decided her mother was getting changed.

With a small sigh she headed down the hall and pulled open a door to find a second bedroom, she smiled and walked over to the bed tiredly and flopped down onto it, starring at the ceiling. A million thoughts ran through her mind as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Irina could hear voices out in the other room, then the door shutting and Sydney moving around. She was too sore and tired to undress properly, she merely slipped off her shoes and socks, stripped off her pants and slid into the bed, grabbing the spare pillow and pulling it to her chest. With a deep breath she felt her façade break and fade and tears spilled down her cheeks, Jack was gone and she had to protect Sydney on her own, she didn’t know her daughter and she was sure Sydney was still harbouring some feelings of hate towards her. How was she supposed to do this without Jack? She sobbed into the pillow and her chest ached in protest but she kept crying silently until she had shed all her tears and her exhaustion forced her into sleep.

More soon my dears, dont worry hehehehehehehehhehe mwhahahahahahahahaa Read Review and Enjoy!!!

I think they were suppose to sleep in one room, but Syd thought her mother was changing and didn't want to intrude. Or because Syd thought she needs the time alone to break down after an exhausting day.

Wow, that was heart-breaking. I just love how Jack's handling everything with Kendell and Lindsey the jackass

Can I just say that I love Jack. Robert Lindsay might as well give up.
Does anyone know that Syd is alive?
Where is Vaughn and Weiss?
Wonder what Jack is gonna tell Dixon.
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm.

I was feeling very creative last night, possibly a credit to the fact I was watching Alias episodes and listening to the sound track from season two hehehehehe and came up with this lovely chapter for you all to enjoy!

Chapter Four

Jack sat starring at the table in front of him, hands in his lap, his lip was stinging but he ignored it. A thousand scenarios ran through his head as he sat and tried to think of contingencies and plans, his thoughts were constantly interrupted by Sydney, her face, her voice, the pained look in her eyes when he told her she had to run. Sydney never ran from her problems, she confronted them, she hated running and she hated leaving him even more. Then there was Irina, the only woman on earth who could completely blind him, the only other person on the planet he would fight and die for. She had to know that, she had to know she was the other reason he was sitting in this small room with nothing but his thoughts for company.

The door swung open and Marcus Dixon walked into the small room, a concerned look face. He shut the door with a soft click and Jack saw the red light on the camera in the corner of the room flicker.

Marcus noticed the look and looked up at the camera and smiled, “Kendell said you wanted to speak to me Jack.” He said pulling out Kendell’s vacant seat and seating himself down.

“Yes, I have something… I need to ask a favour Marcus.” Jack said seriously.

“Anything Jack.” Marcus smiled.

“There’s a book, in my desk. I was going to give it to Sydney for her birthday…” he stopped and felt his throat tighten a little, Marcus waited for Jack to regain his composure and said nothing.

“I’d like you to send it to a friend of mine.” Jack said softly.

“Alright, where am I sending it to?” Marcus asked curious as to Jack’s motives but not saying anything. If Jack wanted to tell him something he would tell him, Marcus wasn’t going to press him into confessing anything.

“London, the address is on a post-it-note attached to the front cover.” Jack explained and Marcus nodded his understanding.

“Anything else you need Jack?” Marcus asked and noticed Jack shoot another look to the camera.
“I’d like to talk to Micheal Vaughn.” Jack said softly and Marcus was even more curious as to what was going on exactly but nodded, “That will be hard to manage Jack, but I’ll do my best.” Marcus stood up.

“One more thing Marcus, I’d like to thank you, for all the times you watched Sydney’s back.” He said softly and Marcus could tell there was something of a subliminal message in his sentence, some thing Jack was trying to tell him.

“She was my partner and my friend Jack; she would have done the same for me.” He smiled.

Jack nodded and looked down at the table, “She would have and I know she could be stubborn to work with sometimes.” Marcus nodded and smiled brighter, all the times he had to contend with Sydney’s stubbornness in the field.

“But she considered you a close friend, a confident, someone she could turn to for help, I want to thank you for always being there when… when I couldn’t.” Jack looked up at him solemnly and Marcus nodded; now he understood.

“I’ll make sure your package gets where it’s going and I’ll see what I can do about a chat with Vaughn.” Marcus turned to the door and Jack took a deep breath, he knew he could relay on Marcus.

“Sir, it appears surveillance on Jack Bristow went down for ten minutes while he talked to Agent Dixon, we’re trying to find the fault we think it was in the….” The assistant trailed off as Lindsey took the report and glanced over it, looking over the ball pen of agents to Marcus Dixon who was standing with two other agents discussing what looked to be footage of something.

He threw the report back at the assistant and stormed over to Dixon.

“What did you speak to Bristow about?” he demanded and he noticed the other officers swap looks before looking to Dixon who looked calm.

“He asked about my children, asked about Weiss and Marshall, wanted to know how the Kings had performed…” Dixon shrugged nonchalantly as if he and Jack Bristow had discussed nothing more pressing then the weather.

“I don’t believe you Agent Dixon.” He snarled and noticed a few other agents look at them as they walked past.

“You don’t have to believe me, check the surveillance.” Dixon said with a smile.
“Surveillance was down while you were in there chatting to the prisoner.” Lindsey glowered as Dixon merely raised an eyebrow and said easily, “Imagine that.”

“If I find out you conspired with him Agent Dixon you can bet you’ll be sitting in the cell next to him in less then an hour.” He threatened.

Marcus loomed over him and lowered his voice, “Try proving it.”

Lindsey narrowed his eyes and stalked back to his office while Marcus smiled to himself and looked over to Weiss and Marshall, Weiss smiled and nodded while Marshall held two thumbs up.

Marcus winked at them then headed to Jack’s desk, he had a personal favour to full-fill.

“Jack, sweetheart!” Laura called as she walked into the house and shook her long hair, the rain was positively pouring outside, she was glad she had taken an extra jacket to work with her.

Droplets of water sprayed the walls and her damp hair made her back cold as she pulled off her jacket and threw it onto the small table near the door, her bag and keys went there too.

“Jack honey did the power go out?” she asked, the lights were out in their home but his car was in the drive, she was later home then him for once.

She walked into the house and felt a shiver come over her, Jack should have answered her.

“Jack?” she asked heading towards the kitchen as rain pounded down on the roof, she saw what looked to be flickering light and headed towards it.

What she saw made her stop and take a breath, candles were placed all around the kitchen and the dinner table, the table was set and Jack was standing there waiting for her, a smile on his handsome face.

“What’s all this?” she smiled at him as she looked around.

“A surprise.” He smiled and walked over, taking her by the waist and kissing her gently in way of greeting.

“I’m sorry I’m late, my meeting ran long and I…” she didn’t get to continue explaining because he planted another smouldering kiss on her lips.
“Its ok, it gave me time to organise this.” He said softly resting his forehead to hers as she drank in his smell.

“What’s this for Jack?” she asked with a smile.

“Well, you rushed off this morning without breakfast, I thought I could make it up to you.” He smiled and slipped around her and wrapped his strong arms around her waist and she lent back against him.

“You were the reason I was late for my class, my own students scolded me.” She laughed.

He felt her damp hair through his shirt and smelt the rain in her hair and smiled, “What did you tell them?”

“That my insatiable husband kept me from being on time.” she laughed.

“You didn’t, did you?” he pulled back a little and looked at her; she wouldn’t be that forthcoming with her students? Would she?

She laughed and Jack felt his skin rise in goose-bumps, he loved her laugh.

“No, I told them I had car trouble.” She smiled and kissed his cheek.

“So, what did you make me.” She ran her hands over his at her waist and he nuzzled into her neck again and held her tighter.

“Pancakes.” He smiled and she laughed again.

“Seriously Jack, what did you make?” She flicked her hair and he smiled.

“You are serious.” She said with disbelief.

He smiled and kissed her shoulder, “I’ve been working a lot lately and I know I haven’t been home as much as you would like, I’m trying to make it up to you, is it working?” he asked and she spun in his arms to wrap her arms about his neck and press against him.

“I love you.” She smiled and kissed him.

“I love you Laura, more then anything.”

“We should eat before it goes cold.” She said as his hands ran up and down her back.

He nodded and let her go; walked over to the table and pulled out her chair, as she sat with a smile he pulled the lid off dinner with a flourish and she laughed and shook her head at him.

“You still surprise me Jack.” She said as he put a few of the fluffy pancakes on her plate.

He smiled and slipped into his own seat, “I like doing things for you.”

Across the table he saw her smile wickedly and laughed, “Your being devilish again Laura.” He accused.

“You didn’t complain about my devilishness this morning.”

Irina woke with a start and felt her body was covered in a sheen of slick sweat, she tried to steady her breathing, then realized sweat wasn’t the only thing on her body. She touched her chest and in the dim grey light saw the harsh red of blood.

“Sydney.” She rasped, her chest thundered with pain and she lay back against her pillows.

“Sydney!” she tried again and winced as her chest pulled with the effort.

Irina closed her eyes as she heard hurried footsteps in the hall, then the door was pushed open and Sydney stepped into the room.

“Mom? Are you ok?” Sydney’s voice was soft and sleepy but she was alert.

Irina held up her hand, too tired to articulate her problem.

“Oh god; mom.” Sydney dashed over and dropped to her knees next to her mothers’ bed, she ran a hand over her mothers’ damp hair and felt the sweat on her head and then looked to her mothers wound. It was red with the blood that had seeped through the gauze.

Irina couldn’t form a sentence as she just tried to keep breathing normally but Sydney was fully alert now and was in full ‘Agent in control’ mode.

Sydney looked around the room before dashing out the room and down the hall to the bathroom; she grabbed a towel off the rack and ran back to her mothers’ room. She pressed down on her mothers wound and Irina uttered a small moan.

“I’m sorry mom, I’m sorry, but I have to slow the bleeding.” Sydney said her voice chocked with fear, she had lost her father or as good as lost him, she wasn’t going to loose her mother.

Irina smiled as best she could and nodded, her hand wrapped over Sydney’s and Sydney nodded in silent consent.

“I’ll be right back.” She said standing up and running out of the room and out into the living area, she leaped over the couch and unlocked the door in a second and flung it open as she pelted down the hall, past the elevator and slid toa halt at the first door she saw.

“Marcus!” she hammered on the door and hoped he was home.

The door was opened and he stood there blinking at her tiredly, “Ms Sydney? It’s late, you should be asleep.” He said recognising her.

“It’s my mom.” She cried and he snapped awake.

“What is wrong? What happened?” he stepped out of his apartment and shut the door.

Sydney took a deep steadying breath before she spoke, “Her wound has reopened, she’s bleeding.”

Marcus looked at her gravely then followed her back to Irina’s apartment.

“Mom!” Sydney said running back into her mother’s room, Irina’s eyes opened weakly and Sydney ran over to press her hands down on the towel.

Marcus strode into the room and knelt beside Irina’s bed, “Call her doctor Ms Sydney, tell him there is an emergency and he needs to make a house call, he’ll know to come here.” He said explaining the SOP for calling Irina’s doctor.

Sydney nodded as Marcus’s hands replaced hers and she went out to the lounge and grabbed up the phone and punched in the number Anushka had showed her.

“Da, who is it?” said a tired male voice on the other end.

“There is an emergency doctor; you need to make a house call.” Sydney said trying as best she could to hold her voice steady.

“I understand; I’ll be there shortly.” The man hung up and Sydney put the phone down and wrapped her arms around herself, she was tired and emotionally drained, she didn’t know how much more she could take.

Hehehehehhee read, review and as always enjoy! Dont worry more to come!

I hope Irina will be alright. I wonder if Dixon really understood Jack.
Can't wait to see what Vaughn and Jack talk about.
Thanks for the pm.

You go Dixon! Apparently Marshall and Weiss are in on it too! I'm glad someone's got Jack's back in the CIA. Good for them!
I loved the dream, they're so sweet together.
I'm sure Irina's gonna be okay, but I wonder what the book is. And when the hell is Irina going to break into prison and rescue Jack?
Wonderful chapter, thanks for the PM

Back