Opening credits

How does everybody like the new opening credits? I'm not sure I like them...I miss the old ones. It makes it look like the Sydney Bristow show.

That's exactly what I thought...I'd like to see a few other characters in the opening credits. I'm glad they used part of the old song, and I don't mind the revamped version TOO much. I guess it doesn't really POP as much as I'd like. I also think that if they want to bring in more viewers, maybe it'd be a good idea to bring back a form of the introduction...at least telling about APO.

Incubus2 said:
How does everybody like the new opening credits?  I'm not sure I like them...I miss the old ones.  It makes it look like the Sydney Bristow show.
[post="1160851"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I admit that I like the old credits better . . . but it is pretty much the Sydney Bristow show, isn't it? The series is very much centered around its heroine. ;)

I think I'd prefer the Sydney Bristow opener now of all times. The eps are too self-contained. Hopefully only a few more eps will be this way! It would make sense anyway. Get a bigger audience with huge promos and self-containment. Hook them in for 5 episodes are so. They are likely to watch regularly if they really like it. If they aren't interested in the stories, they might just tune in for an action fix even though they don't understand it. Then we can get to deeper plotlines because the viewers we cemented in the beginning will be hooked (hopefully).

But, naturally, I'm being idealistic :hmm:

ETA: oops misread the first post. I don't mind the theme thing that much. The music is cool, and I like the montage of aliases, even if it does look like the Sydney Bristow show. Face it. It is. Even though there are other characters, there's no show without Syd/Jen. And also, some people were like "Put some aliases of the guys in there!" Really, the guys don't wear outrageous disguises like Syd does. The most outrageous one was Vaughn's goth outfit in Unveiled. But that's it, the rest are suits or glasses or longer hair. Nothing like Syd does it.

I like the new theme-song with the credits and Jen's various disguises ... isn't that what the show is all about? A spy that has gets to dress up in different disguises to go on missions? and isn't this spy Sydney Bristow???

I don't know if I like it so much. Has anyone else noticed that on the other 3 seasons they used to give u a cliffhanger before they would bring up the opening credits, now it just comes up right before the first commercial. They are really changing things around. I also think that the new version is was too pop, they could tone it down a bit.

I'm not a great fan of the new opening credits. I like the editing, it have rhythm but I would like to see the others characters, like the old one.

i like them showing the many faces of Sydney Bristow. kinda shows what people who are just tuning in have missed. but it makes it more exciting. centers the show more around Sydney, and let's face it, the show IS about Sydney.
and the new opening music is good too. not much different though.

i like and i agree with

i like them showing the many faces of Sydney Bristow. kinda shows what people who are just tuning in have missed. but it makes it more exciting. centers the show more around Sydney, and let's face it, the show IS about Sydney.
and the new opening music is good too. not much different though.

wholeheartedly

and yes the show IS about sydney after all...and thats going onto my signature lol.

I don't really like the new credits that much. I mean it is nice to see Sydney in her disguises but I miss the old titles they were just classic.

It's cheaply gratuitous, bordering on silly. I can only suspect that those who cant see that aspect of it are, forgivably, the young and unrefined.

i really like the new opening, also because i started w/ s4...and my friend told me it's about this girl and she has different disguises and works for the C.I.A. and after i saw the intro for the first time, the opening credits in the season premiere...i was like hm...it kinda clicks

-Sayyad...

Back