Pop ups will never die

Tommy

Seeing A Ghost
So, I noticed a few days ago that mysteriously, I started getting pop up ads again in Firefox. Actually, they were pop unders. Thanks to Firefox, my pop up-less days were pure bless but it was apparently not meant to last. -_- Yes, developers have now found a way around pop up blockers. This includes Firefox, Safari, and any third party blockers.

Read the article here and be ready to hate pop ups just a little bit more. Our pop up free days are over. :angry:

ohh I know..I don't know why they do it.. DO they really expect me to buy stuff from them if they continue to annoy me? If this gets worse, I'm gonna just have to turn off javascript.

Well, there's always Adblock. Just mask out the source of the script or common names of layer-ad scripts (especially common advertisement resolutions like *468x60*).

I'm trying this currently, not sure how well it works or how much it can mess things up in Firefox, but for the daring Firefox user, type in about:config in the address bar. Right click and select New -----> Integer. In the box that opens, type: privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins then in the next box, type 2.

*if this does something strange to your browser, its not my fault!*

Thanks to UNEASYsilence.com for this one.

Back