Pretty Cool Facts

ISpy10

Cadet
I was bored one day, so I put all the random facts that you can have in your AIM profile and saved them. I haven't added in a while but this is what I have.

The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

Insects outnumber humans 100,000,000 to one.

Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime. Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military,
clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

The condom - made originally of linen - was invented in the early 1500s.

Playing cards in India are round.

There is a tea in China called "white tea" which is simply boiled water.

A lead pencil is good for about 50,000 words.

The average person makes about 1,140 telephone calls each year.

There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people.
The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million.

The average person swallows 8 spiders a year.

Barbie's full name is "Babara Millicent Roberts."

Canadian researchers have found that Einstein's brain was 15% wider than normal.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

Your stomach needs to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it would digest itself.

Your ears and nose continue to grow throughout your entire life.

The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.

There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.

The average person spends about 2 years on the phone in a lifetime.

Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in Some Like It Hot.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do.

In ancient Rome, it was considered a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose.

A snail can sleep for 3 years.

The world population of chickens is about equal to the number of people.

The average cough comes out of your mouth at 60 miles (24 km) per hour.

In 1969 the Navy spent $375,000 on an "aerodynamic analysis of the self-suspended flare." The study's conclusion was that the Frisbee was not feasible as military hardware.

Children spend more time learning about life through media than any other manner.

There are more than 1,700 references to gems and precious stones in the King James translation of the Bible.

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

Sneeze travels out of your mouth at over 100 miles (161 km) an hour.

When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.

It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.

World Tourist day is observed on September 27.

The average life of a taste bud is 10 days.

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

A car that shifts manually gets 2 miles more per gallon of gas than a car with automatic shift.

The world's greatest lover was King Mongut of Siam. He had 9,000 wives. Before dying of syphilis, he was quoted in saying he only loved the first 700.

203 million dollars is spent on barbed wire each year in the U.S.

It would take 11 Empire State Buildings, stacked one on top of the other, to measure the Gulf of Mexico at its deepest point.

California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named "Jesus Christ."

Calvin and Hobbes: Hobbes originally had pads on his hands and feet but Bill Waterson (the creator) found them too distracting and removed them.

this is kinda a fact...if u swollow a cocroach dont try to get it out with a fork you'll swollow that too...it happened to someone in the paper

yeah liz, this person swallowed a cockroach.. only god kows how, and tried to get it out with a fork and she swallowed the fork. it was in the paper.

what about elephants are the only animals that cant jump. i actually ahd a thread like this .. i dont know what happened to it.

ISpy10 said:

The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

The average person swallows 8 spiders a year.
Those are cool. I think it is that there are 8 rat hairs in an average Hershey Bar, and I knew the second one. You swallow them in your sleep. :D

Back