Question about all those highlighted letters...

Hello...newbie here (this is my first post) I can't find it, but there was a thread in here somewhere about all the highlighted letters (all the different locations) in each episode. Do they spell anything out? Or is it just graphic design that's intended to make us think too much? :rolleyes:

Those Highlighted letters do mean something. They are the "secret letters". They are posted before the episode on Sd-6.com, are there almost every week, and they give a clue as to where they are going that week. You can see how they are used by the link below.

Example

sPyInThEdArK said:
Those Highlighted letters do mean something. They are the "secret letters". They are posted before the episode on Sd-6.com,  are there almost every week, and they give a clue as to where they are going that week. You can see how they are used by the link below.

Example
[post="1047487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I couldn't get the link to work...so the letters just give a clue about where they're going, nothing else? I tried laying out the letters in different ways to decipher a message, and found nothing. :P

Well I would love to know the answer to this as well, I have been working on S2's letters and so far hit a blank. May be it is a total waste of time, but there are so many clever things about the show, I just can't believe this isn't deliberate in some way, I’ll be keeping an eye out on the responses. Hoping someone can shed a little light.
I am a sad European viewer who has to rely on the DVD's to catch up on missed episodes, which leaves me sadly waiting for the DVD release of S3 still.

Ok, sorry the link didn't work. It would have taken you sd-6.com. The letters pretty much just give clues to where they will be going.

here's the best I can do for an example without going to the SD-6 website.

Episode 3.17 The Frame

LOS ANGELES
MEXICO CITY
GABORONE
SEA OF JAPAN

the letters that are red would of coures be the highlighted letters. And some websites would simple give you G, X, B, and J before the show aired. Then once it did in the epi info they would put in the place and keep the Secret letters highlighted.

Hope that helps. :D

So in fact there is no long-term coding or puzzle with these, they are just a pre-airing hint at possible locations.
That makes sense, I guess, somewhat boring for us Europeans that only get to see the episodes months later or on DVD!

Well, you never know...when I started watching Season 2 when it aired in the UK, I was like 's***, that must be some sort of code!'...and I started writing down the letters on the wall at my old house 'cause I never had any paper. Then I got the internet, and found that there were sites and books that listed them. And so my efforts were wasted! At one point I took a book on codes out to see if any of them worked, and we asked a maths student from a university if he could try and help us. Nothing so far...

Jai

I'm not sure, but i found this adress on the web, some fans had found the secret of these letters : RedRival Free Hosting

for french :
ces fans ont réussi a trouver comment réunir les lettres, et ils ont trouvé cette adresse... mais je ne suis pas sure, car je n'ai pas tout compris a la lettre ;)

Sorry for my english :blush:

Back