Screen Caps

you cant get em from windows media - but using power dvd - on the cotrol panel there is a button that looks like a camera kind of - (just hover over the play, stop etc buttons until you find it) - to take a screen cap you simply press it either whilst the dvd is playing or with it on pause. :smiley:

jems said:
you cant get em from windows media - but using power dvd - on the cotrol panel there is a button that looks like a camera kind of - (just hover over the play, stop etc buttons until you find it) - to take a screen cap you simply press it either whilst the dvd is playing or with it on pause. :smiley:
[post="999635"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't seem to have a little camera button - do I need an updated version of Power DVD? :thinking:

Erm just the basic one that came with Windows XP - I just looked on Amazon they have PowerDVD 5 Deluxe for just under £25 - not bad? Don't know whether to order it or not? :thinking: :rolleyes:

vaughnsmyguy said:
my windows media player works with the print screen button, but i'm not sure everyone else's does...
[post="1100059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This doesn't work for me -_- it just shows a black screen

Overlay will prevent Prn Scr from working simply because the image never exists in the same place as the rest of windows' graphical context - the best that'll ever happen is that you'll get the same 'nonexistant color' pixels that show through to the overlay. Also... if you can copy it with Prn Scr your codecs are probably screwed up or you're not rendering using hardware accelleration. Might wanna check on that if you want your movies looking thier best.

So to make imagegrabbin' easy just use Media Player Classic (get it here if SourceForge is down: click). Makes it easypeezy and you dont even have to install DVD software for it.

Here's a little Buffy DVD goodness as an example:

funnygiles.jpg

Hey I have a question. Is it possible to cap something from Windows Media Player? I know you posted the Classic MP but I want one with a hot key so I don't have to keep on pausing and clicking file > save image. I also know that due to the overlay that you can't use a regular capper. Any suggestions?

Back