Season 4 season 4 articles and interviews

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Here is an interview about season 4 of ALIAS:</span>
----------------------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"As always, take this for what it's worth...</span>
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>From cardiel47: How could you leave Vaughn & Lauren out of Worst Chemistry Ever?

A: Like I said, you did! Not me! Not me! And I would guess that some people didn't vote for them because the chemistry was supposed to be bad.

From supergirl0007: Can you tell us which one was true in your Riddle this week? I am hoping that it isn't the David Anders one!
A: Um, well...do you want me to lie?

From girlscoutsyd: Why, why, why? I looove Sark, they can't do that!
A: Here's the deal--he's going to be recurring, not regular, next season, so he will be there, just not as much as some of the other regulars. Last season he was a regular, but now with Nadia, they'll need to allot some more time to her (I'm assuming).

From girlscoutsyd: If David Anders is not a series regular I am going to cry!
A: You can use my hanky, love.

From rjbrown2020: Here is the deal: I spent the entire day working and instead of going home and taking a nice long nap after work, I decided to trek up to my university. So, I ask you kindly, is there any Alias scoop or news on Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan?
A: It's nice to see you expanding your mind with a little higher education: (1) Jen and Michael are still very much together! (Ted is finally admitting it); and (2) I hear that producers want Melissa George (Lauren) back for a few episodes, but she has a lot going on right now--two movie offers--so, it remains to be seen whether she actually returns."
--------------------------
I will post more soon...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Here is the season 3 alternate ending in the #5 ALIAS magazine:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alias_Rules writes "I originally posted this at addcitedtoalias.com's forums, but I think that this is pretty interestting:

The following is an excert from ALIAS MAGAZINE, ISSUE 5.

As many of you are aware, the season 3 finale was filmed with an ending in place. However, JJ ABRAMS (creator) did not like it, so he had it changed. This is what the ending was going to be like:

Written by Jeff Pinkner:

ALIAS- EP#E322- "Resurrection"- 04/09/2004- First Draft

Below her: Vaughn dangles by his shoulder from the hook, and now the cable is lashed around Jack's leg, to untangle it would require letting go with his hands.

ON SYDNEY: Straining with effort. HER HANDS: White with effort-- refusing to drop them--- but their combined weight IS CAUSING THE RAILING TO GIVE WAY -- IT'S BREAKING -- IN A MOMENT THEY'LL ALL GO OVER.

VAUGHN: -- you can't hold us both --

She struggles to pull them back up --

SYDNEY (straining): -- no --

-- But Vaughn's right. It's too much. Her eyes go to her dad.

JACK: -- CUT ME LOOSE.

-Then to Vaughn.

VAUGHN: Let me go.

And looking down at her father and Vaughn, Sydney realizes that all 3 of them are going to die... unless she does the unthinkable...

Sydney pulls a BLADE from her belt -- she opens it -- and holding it to the rope, we UNDERSTAND: if she cuts one of them free, she and the other will survive -- she has to choose which one, but how...

AND ALL MUSIC CUTS OUT -- replaced by just the sound of Sydney's strained breathing.

We're TIGHT ON HER FACE -- streaked with sweat -- straining with this impossible choice -- when-- Oh, God -- suddenly. SHE'S PULLED FORWARD OUT OF THE FRAME.

WIDER: the railing Sydney clings to is collapsing --

Vaughn: SYD -- NOW -- DO IT NOW

AND THERE'S NO MORE TIME .. WE'RE ON SYDNEY AS SHE DECIDES THEN BRINGS THE KNIFE TO ONE OF THE ROPES --- AND WE'RE VERY CLOSE AS SHE SLICES THROUGH IT -- IT DROPS AWAY --

WHO'S AT THE OTHER END?

FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON, BECAUSE NOW, OFF SYDNEY'S CHOICE, WE...
CUT TO BLACK.

END OF SEASON THREE
I will post more soon...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>J.J. Abrams hints about ALIAS season 4:
----------------------------------------------
J.J. Abrams, creator of ABC's SF spy drama Alias, told SCI FI Wire that the constantly evolving show has more twists in store for the second half of the third season, including the reappearance of guest star Quentin Tarantino. "We have some storylines that we're working on that could maybe be too extreme," Abrams said in an interview at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Hollywood. "We're trying to be smart about how we do it. But I believe that when you look back at Alias as a series, you'll see many different iterations of the show. And I think the fun in it for me is, I hope it's never so you'll tune in and you'll know exactly what you're going to get. It always feels like this is a very fluid, unexpected place."

Upcoming episodes will feature a guest appearance by actor-director Tarantino, who reprises his role from the first season's two-part episode "The Box I and II." The series will also introduce Isabella Rossellini as the sister of Lena Olin's character, Irina Derevko. Abrams said that Rossellini's character will share a connection with Victor Garber's Jack Bristow and fill a void left by Olin. Abrams is "hopeful" that Olin will also return to the show one day. "[Rossellini's character] definitely serves a similar purpose," Abrams said. "But the character is entirely different, and the storyline is unique. We couldn't have done this story with Lena. In fact, originally I wanted to have them both in the same episode, but we couldn't get Lena."

The Jan. 11 episode revealed that Lauren Reed (Melissa George) is working for the enemies of her husband, Michael Vaughn (Michael Vartan), and his former love interest, Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner). Abrams said that it was his plan all along to make the character evil, and that the twist was not a reaction to the widespread animosity toward her from the fans. "We knew this was going to happen," he said. "She went into this year hated, and she's still hated as the one who's getting in between [Sydney and Vaughn]. But we tried as much as possible to draw out her storyline so that you believed, 'Oh, I guess I'm supposed to like her.' So when you finally learned that she was evil, it was satisfying." Alias airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
-----------------------------------------
Tell me if any of these articles were helpful to you. What should my next post article/interview be about? :D

</span>

thanx very much for posting this! i've been dying to know something, anything new with Alias. and now i have, i must say, i actually like the original ending better. i guess it's just more suspenseful than the second one. i hope they'll put the alternate ending on the dvd. :P

EternalxJourney said:
thanx very much for posting this! i've been dying to know something, anything new with Alias. and now i have, i must say, i actually like the original ending better. i guess it's just more suspenseful than the second one. i hope they'll put the alternate ending on the dvd. :P
Yeah I did too, it's more climatic, but I think the aired ending is trying to set a theme for season 4.

it sounds so intresting but then one of the main characters would have died and then yet another would return from the grave so i'm glad they didnt do that but i agree i would like to see the alternate ending on the dvd. i wish since they didnt choose that one they would say who she pulled free. Thanx Aliasluver

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Listen, guys, tell me what kind of article you want me to post next. I have one of jennifer and michael. any special article, just post! :D </span>

Small article from USA Today...

Alias fans, have you had enough of the Rambaldi plotline? Well, apparently so has ABC. When the show begins its new season in January, you'll be getting 20 self-contained episodes. This month, Greg Grunberg and the rest of the Alias cast will begin filming a new season of the cult hit ABC program starring Jennifer Garner. Set as a midseason replacement with new episodes airing in January, Alias will be different next season, says Grunberg, who plays agent Eric Weiss. The wacky Rambaldi plotline, with its 500-year-old prophecy of doom, will dissipate, and each episode will be self-contained. Viewers can expect an uninterrupted 20-episode run of new shows.
In the meantime, Grunberg has been working on a pilot about a bounty hunter called The Catch for ABC. Co-starring with Orlando Jones and Don Rickles, Grunberg has been developing the show with J.J. Abrams, the Alias creator who also worked with Grunberg on teen drama Felicity. "It's going to be funny, but it's action. I've always wanted to do a comedy. I did eight episodes of a comedy for NBC with Jason Bateman that never aired."
Unfortunately, this one may not, either. It wasn't given a spot on the fall schedule.
—Ann Oldenburg

What do you think?

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Im thinking of posting some things abourt jen and michael in real life or something else on alias...season 4...what do you want me to post or think of what i have already posted?</span>

aliaslover4life91 said:
ALIAS- EP#E322- "Resurrection"- 04/09/2004- First Draft

Below her: Vaughn dangles by his shoulder from the hook, and now the cable is lashed around Jack's leg, to untangle it would require letting go with his hands.

ON SYDNEY: Straining with effort. HER HANDS: White with effort-- refusing to drop them--- but their combined weight IS CAUSING THE RAILING TO GIVE WAY -- IT'S BREAKING -- IN A MOMENT THEY'LL ALL GO OVER.

VAUGHN: -- you can't hold us both --

She struggles to pull them back up --

SYDNEY (straining): -- no --

-- But Vaughn's right. It's too much. Her eyes go to her dad.

JACK: -- CUT ME LOOSE.

-Then to Vaughn.

VAUGHN: Let me go.

And looking down at her father and Vaughn, Sydney realizes that all 3 of them are going to die... unless she does the unthinkable...

Sydney pulls a BLADE from her belt -- she opens it -- and holding it to the rope, we UNDERSTAND: if she cuts one of them free, she and the other will survive -- she has to choose which one, but how...

AND ALL MUSIC CUTS OUT -- replaced by just the sound of Sydney's strained breathing.

We're TIGHT ON HER FACE -- streaked with sweat -- straining with this impossible choice -- when-- Oh, God -- suddenly. SHE'S PULLED FORWARD OUT OF THE FRAME.

WIDER: the railing Sydney clings to is collapsing --

Vaughn: SYD -- NOW -- DO IT NOW

AND THERE'S NO MORE TIME .. WE'RE ON SYDNEY AS SHE DECIDES THEN BRINGS THE KNIFE TO ONE OF THE ROPES --- AND WE'RE VERY CLOSE AS SHE SLICES THROUGH IT -- IT DROPS AWAY --

WHO'S AT THE OTHER END?

FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON, BECAUSE NOW, OFF SYDNEY'S CHOICE, WE...
CUT TO BLACK.

END OF SEASON THREE
I wanna see this ending ... it would have been much more exciting that the one we had ... but I guess JJ knows what he is doing ... ;)

Back