Sex and the City

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias, or Sex and the City. I just love them. There are other geniuses to thank for those charactors..JJ and co.etc etc etc.

Background: This fic is going to have a lot of Sex and the City referrances since it is my other favorite show. But basically, Vaughn is a lawyer, he is dating Alice in LA but is transferred to New York as he just became partner at a firm there, leaving Alice behind to try and have a long distance relationship. Meanwhile he moves into an apartment building where Sydney lives across the hall. She is single, but likes to mingle. She is friends with the girls from Sex and the City, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha. Francie and Will are also friends of hers. She is a well known interior designer in Manhatten, Will works for the New York Times, and Francie owns a hip restaurant in the city. Weiss is also in the story, he works as a lawyer also. Ok so that is basically it...I hope you like it. I have some good ideas as to what to do with this story.

Chapter 1

Vaughn had officially been a New Yorker for a week now. Upon moving into his swanky New York loft, he immediately unpacked, and put everything away, hating living out of boxes. He had a very modern style of decor, but it also felt a little cold. He thought to himself that maybe he could hire a decorator to give the place a little heart, without making it too girly. He sighed as he looked around at all he accomplished. He only really knew Weiss so far. He was a California boy, but took a chance moving here, even leaving behind his girlfriend. He is now a partner, and the income that came along with that was too good to be true. Plus he felt his life was lacking in life altering changes. He was 27, and needed a change, but Alice didn't want to take the chance with him, so for now they are going to try and do the long distance thing.

The next morning Vaughn was down in the lobby getting his paper, when he noticed a beautiful woman walk into the building with a Grande something from Starbucks in her hand. She gently placed her sun glasses on her head as she made her way through the lobby to the elevators. I followed behind her, and got in the elevator to go back upstairs. She was breathtakingly beautiful. She was wearing a black skirt just above the knee, and cream silk blouse, and black blazer fitted around her waste, but not covering her hips. She also had on a pair of heels, which I wondered how she walked around in, here in the city. I got on the elevator, and said hello.

"Hi, I'm Michael Vaughn. I just moved in, I live on the 4th floor." I said.

"Nice to meet you Michael Vaughn, I am Sydney Bristow. I live on the 4th floor too...in 4B." she said with the most amazing smile.

"Well, I guess that makes you my next door neighbor." I said with a grin.

"Are you new to New York, or just new to the building?" she asked.

"I am actually from L.A., I just transferred here. Don't hate me, but, I am a lawyer, I just made partner at a firm in town. Goldenblatt and Hirsch. Well, now Goldenblatt, Hirsch & Vaughn." I replied.

"No way, are you serious? My friend Charlotte's husband is Harry Goldenblatt. Oh my god..what are the chances. That is crazy." she said.

We then walked off the elevator, and slowly made our way down the hallway, towards our apartment doors.

"So, Sydney Bristow, what do you do?" I asked, not believing that I was actually being so friendly with this amazing woman, usually I would feel too shy to approach someone as striking as she is.

"Well, I am an interior designer actually. I love it. I have made many peoples homes really purty." she replied with a southern drawl.

I laughed at how funny she is. I am already taken with her. But have to silently remind myself, that I am still with Alice.

"Wow, that is so interesting, just last night I was thinking about getting an interior designer. I have a modern style, but feels a little cold, but I don't know how to make it more homey, without making it look girly. Not that girly is bad, but I am more the mans man..you know?" I said.

"Yeah, I can relate. I have done many man's men apartments her in Manhatten." she said with a smile.

"Well, I better get going, I have to finish getting ready for work, but it was really nice talking with you Sydney. I hope we can become friends. I don't really know anyone in this city, and seeing as we are neighbors and all...well...if you ever need to borrow a cup of sugar..." I said with a grin.

"Well Michael Vaughn, i will keep that in mind. If your girlfriend doesn't mind, I would definately like to get to know you better. I can show you around the city, both of you if you want." she offered.

"Um..er...my girlfriend, she is in L.A. We are like at a weird place, we haven't officially broken up, but I don't see how we are going to keep it going being on opposite coasts. So, she decided to stay in LA and I am here." I said...not believing the words that I just said. Why did I say that?

"Oh, I'm sorry. My friend Carrie had a similar situation with her boyfriend. They spent some time apart, but you know what they say, if you love someone, set them free...I am a firm believer in fate, and if you guys are meant to be, you will find a way to work it out. So just hang in there, in the mean time, I will arrange it so that you can come hang out with my friends and I and get to know a good friend of mine...New York." she said grinning wildly.

"Thanks, have a good day, I will maybe see you later then." I said as I reached out my hand to shake hers.

I immediately felt shock waves go through my body at the feeling of her hand in mine. It was electric. And I was beginning to like New York.

"Yeah, maybe tonight I can bring over some beer and we can take a look at your decorating dilemma. I am a professional afterall. I will bring my portfolio. Have a good day Michael." she said.

"You too, nice to meet you Sydney."

With that, I went into my apartment with a huge smile on my face, not being able to even wait for tonight to talk to her again. Alice was in the back of my mind, but someone how I talked myself into believing that I could be her friend. Afterall, I didn't really know anyone here in New York. Plus we were neighbors, what could it hurt?

TBC....

Well...tell me what you think!!! Reviews make me soooo happy. I will update again later if I get some nice reviews, after Alias of course. This story will be mostly PG-13, but later on, I may post some raunchy chapters on the R rated board if need be. Thanks for reading!!

;)

That was great ... really liked it ... never watched Sex in the City so this will be intersiting ... could you please PM me when you update ... thanks.

awww . . . how sweet vaughn is trying to convince himself that they can be friends . . . tsk tsk. . . he's fighting a losing battle. pm please and update soon

I know little about Sex & The City ( only few episodes), but I liked it and I thought that this crossover is very interesting.
Besides seems to me that you write well, so I'll read your fic definitely

Ciao Ari

This is such a good idea, especially because Alias and Sex and the City are two of my favorite shows! Please continue and please PM me!

-Brinne

Great chapter! It will be a good story! I'm sure of it!
Please may I have a pm when you update?

Thanx a lot!

great start. Love Alias and Sex and the City. can I please get a Pm when you update again.

As for Vaughn and Syd just being friends....yeah right, they don't stand a chance. :P

hope you update again very soon.

:starwars:

CJ

I love Sex and the City it was my second fav show, Alias first. This should be great. Now does it take place after Sex and the City ended, is Big back in New York and Miranda living in Brookland, then they met Syd?

I would a PM

L

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>K....I will update this tonight, and send out pm's. Sydney became friends with the girls from Sex in the City after Big came back to New York. For those of you who have never seen Sex in the City, I HIGHLY recommend you go out, right now, rent all 6 seasons, get a huge box of kleenex, and watch it!!! Best show ever, besides Alias. She is friends with them, but she is best friends with Will and Francie, you will only see a little cross over where they are all hanging out together. But mostly this will be Sydney and Vaughn centered. So stay tuned...I have some really good ideas floating around in my brain!! Thanks for all the responses!!

:popcorn: </span>

Chapter 2

Syd's POV

I finally made my way home after a long day of work. I had a good day though. I was excited about my new neighbor Michael Vaughn. Something about him really struck me. He seemed so sweet, and lost in the New York. That is something you don't see in Manhattan. I am unsure what else it was, well, maybe it was that he was so cute, hot cute. His green eyes were amazing. Plus he had that California sun kissed skin. His hands, made me shiver. I always look at a guys hands, smile and eyes. Those are the things that make for good boyfriend material. Wait, am I thinking that he is boyfriend material? No, get that out of your head Sydney. He has a girlfriend.

With that thought, I walked into the lobby of my building, and noticed the elevator doors about to close...I yelled out to hold the doors, and ran to the elevator. Upon reaching the elevator, I noticed a very professional looking Michael Vaughn waiting inside to go upstairs. He had on a dark blue suit with a blue oxford shirt, and ruby red tie, which was undone along with the top two buttons of his shirt. His hair looked disheveled, and he looked a bit tired.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey yourself." he said with a grin.

"Long day for you too huh? I asked.

"Yeah, my case load is a little overwhelming, but worth it." he replied.

"Listen, if you are too tired, I can stop by another night to go over your design plans." I said.

"No, it's fine. To be honest, I could use a little non lawyer company tonight. I have done nothing but work and sleep since I got here. So if you are still interested, come on over."

"Ok, sounds good. I just need to quick change, these shoes are killing me." I said.

"I was wondering about that earlier today." he said.

"Wondering about what?" I asked

"How you walk around in New York City with those shoes on. You are amazing for doing it." he said with a grin.

"Oh, well...just a small price to pay to look fabulous in the city." I said jokingly.

"Well, you do, if that is any consolation." he said.

I grinned like a kid in a candy store getting off that elevator. He thought I looked fabulous, I was totally just kidding about that, and he said the sweetest thing.

"I will see you in an hour k, I just have a few things to do."

"K Sydney, see you soon. Oh, hey, do you want me to order some food, or did you already eat?"

"Ah, sure, I haven't eaten, and I am starved. How bout' chinese?"

"Sounds good, where should I call to order from, you are the New Yorker, so just tell me who to call, and I will have the food waiting."

"Thanks, um...Yen Chang's. They have the best sweet and sour chicken, and they have these crabmeat rangoon's that are to die for." I told him.

"Yen Chang's it is. I take it you want the Sweet and Sour Chicken then?"

"Yup." See you in a bit." I said as I walked into my apartment and closed the door to get ready.

Vaughn's POV

Just about an hour later, I was relaxing in my track pants and Kings shirt, putting the finishing touches on setting the table for Sydney's arrival for dinner. The food arrived a few minutes ago, and she should be here soon. With that thought I heard a knock at the door.

I went to open the door, and stood almost dumbstruck at the beauty this woman possesed. She stood in front of me, wearing a simple black fitted tee, dark blue capri jeans, cuffed at the bottom, and leopard house slippers, she had her hair pulled back into a sexy pony tail. She looked so amazing in her casual clothes, I liked this side of her, and my attraction to her only grew just now.

She held up a six pack of Heineken, and gave me her million dollar dimpled smile.

"Come on in. Crabmeat ragoons to die for await you." I said.

"Yum, can't wait." she said as she glanced around studying her surroundings.

"You have ideas for this place already don't you.?" I asked her.

"Well, actually yes. You have the basic fundamentals already, your furniture choices are classic, and timeless. All the elements that need to make it homey have everything to do with paint color, and mild accessories. I will outline my ideas, after you quick show me the rest of this place. Then we can eat and discuss what to do next." she said in a professional, but friendly way.

I showed her my bedroom, and she studied it intently, I then showed her the bathroom, and guest room, and then made our way to the living room, and dining room area, where we sat down to have dinner.

"Thanks for getting dinner, what do I owe you?" she asked.

"Forget about..you brought the beer." I said.

"Well, thanks, next time, I will pay. Now, what I have in mind for this place is gonna be great, it helps that it is a lot like mine, so I didn't need much time to think about a design plan. First thing I think you should do is paint your kitchen red. Red is a color that stimulates your appetite, so I think we should start there. Food makes people come together, think about it, right now, we are talking about this...over food. So food is going to be a focul point of your home, so a bright striking color will draw people to it. Then, with your bedroom, since you have dark modern furniture, I think a chocolate brown colored wall, with cream and light teal accents would give you a more homey feel, without making it seem girly. In the living room, I want to paint the wall that holds that massive TV, one striking color, and then paint the remaining walls a more neutral tone. How do you feel about painting that wall Red also, and having it tie these two massive rooms together. Like the kitchen and the living room wall are in a love affair together, wearing matching shirts?" she said in what seemed like one breath.

"Wow. You are amazing at this. I can actually see all those things coming to life in here. All that sounds awesome, so, your hired. I want my study to be very masculine, and house some of my favorite hockey memorabila. I don't need to know exactly what you are going to do, I somehow, after what you just said, trust that anything you do will be amazing, so you are hired, and I want to be surprised. Just tell me what you need for money, and I will write you a check. Now that that is out of the way. Tell me more about yourself Sydney Bristow. I mean more than that you are beautiful, and apparently very talented and creative." I said with a grin.

I could see a slight blush cross her cheeks, when I told her she was beautiful, could she possibly not think that she is? It seems she is one of those people that is breath taking, and doesn't even know it. She is too good to be true.

"Well, my dad is a CEO for an airplane parts company, my mom died when I was 5. Needless to say, my dad was pretty much absent when I was growing up, so I was raised by a nanny. Even still, I idolized my dad. Before I went to college at the New York Institute of Design, I studied to become an airline pilot. I actually did well in the training, and got my license to fly. Then one day, I decided it wasn't really what I wanted, so after some soul searching, I decided that this is what I want to do. I have been doing it for 4 years now, and I love it. I got amazing friends, which I want you to meet by the way. They all have so many awesome qualities, and I could go on all night about them, but I want to know a little about you first." she said.

"First off, I am really sorry about your mom. I can kind of relate. My dad died when I was 8. He worked for the CIA. He died in the line of duty, that is all we know, they don't really give you closure on what happened. My mom is still alive, and lives in Santa Barbara half the year, and France the other half."

"France...really?" she said surprised.

"Yeah, actually, I am french, my mom is french, I lived in France with her until I was 18. Then I came to the U.S. where my dad is from, and pursued a law degree. I have been practicing law now for 5 years, and have already made partner, as I told you earlier. It is rewarding work, if you can find a way to stay true to yourself. I have a girlfriend, her name is Alice, we have been dating for a little over a year. I wasn't sure where are relationship was heading when I left, I still don't. I was a little more than hurt that she didn't even consider for a second about coming with me. Part of me knows now, that maybe we didn't love each other like I thought we did." I said with a sad tone.

She reached across the table, and covered my hand with hers. Which immediately made my body start to warm.

"Michael, you have to hang in there, it is hard to be somewhere where you don't know anyone, and especially when you may be losing a relationship in the process. Believe me, when I say, everything happens for a reason. I believe in the saying "When one door closes, someone opens a window" so just keep your eyes peeled for the signs you need, to help you along in this journey you have taken." she said.

I slightly squeezed her hand and mind, and let my eyes tell her how much what she just said meant to me.

"Syd, thanks for saying that. Your friends must love having you around. Always saying the right thing. I am so glad that you are my neighbor, it gives me hope for this place." I said.

"No prob. neighbor." she said smiling wildly.

The rest of the night we talked about everything, drinking a bottle of red wine, and several beers, and becoming even more comfortable in each other's presence. We soon found ourselves laughing about our favorite memories, realizing that we had a connection already. We were both a little buzzed from the alcohol, and I felt so relaxed with her. Especially cause she was wearing her leopard slippers, like we have been friends for years, and she was just feeling that comfortable with me.

"Well, I better get going. Michael, I had such a great time here tonight. Thanks for everything, and I will be by tomorrow to start with my plans for Operation Manly Man." she said with a wink.

Then she leaned in and wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me into a hug. I unconsciously wrapped my arms around her, reveling in the feeling of it. She gently kissed me on the cheek, and said goodnight.

After she left, I sat down on the chair in my living room, and thought about what went on here tonight. I felt a funny feeling in my stomach, that I never had felt before when she was around. I never felt this way about Alice. I glanced down at my watch to check what time it was, and noticed that my father's watch had stopped ticking. My father's advice came rushing into my head, and I wondered if my time here with Sydney tonight was what my dad was talking about. Was he trying to tell me something tonight? I guess I won't know, at least not tonight. I just walked into my room, and decided I was too tired, and buzzed to figure this all out tonight. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

TBC.....

Well....reviews? Is this good or no? :cheers:

First !! That was great ... they are soo cute together ... aww they had a semi-date ... Vaughn needs to get rid of Alice ... love Syds vision of what she is going to do to his place ... he so likes her ... beat the PM hehe ... more soon please

Awesome update. 👍

I love the way you descriped what Sydney is gonna do to Vaughn's place (that looks fabulous!). is she choosing the colors that she likes because one day...maybe she's gonna live there with him?

:syd4: and :vaughn1: :hug: and :smooch: on the cheek...well it's the start of a beautiful friendship.

Can't wait until Vaughn meets the Girls...is Sam going to try to make a play for Vaughn...after all, she loves nice good looking men. :P

hope you update again very soon! great start!

🎸 :happydance:

CJ

Back