Shades of Blue

I can't believe Jack would say that about Syd. Glad that Michael is there for Syd to help her understand that her father is wrong.
Great update

After that comment from Jack, I wouldn't be surprised if both Irina and Nadia would back up Sydney and Vaughn's relationship 100%. Nadia's behavior was rude and crude but Jack's comment was unforgivable. I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney never talked to him again.

Chris

Aww. Her dad is such a jerk. I'm glad Vaughn was there for her.

Yay for another chapter and miscounting! Wonderful job! -is sad that it is coming to an end tomorrow-

I really want to kill Jack for he said about his own daughter! If he was trying to scare Vaughn, he failed, because now he is more determined to be with Sydney.
Nadia, please keep your hand for yourself :lol:

omg nadia is so bad
pinching him under the table
omg jack is such a boob
hes was being so mean
im glad mv was their to comfront her
cool chap
~VJ~!

Chapter 19
The next morning Michael awoke when the bed was rocking, due to Sydney trying to slide out of it. He opened his eyes to the sight of her pulling on a tank top and shorts before walking to the bathroom.
BAHA i forgot i was reading this fic for a second n thought i was reading ur other one lol n im like THEY HAD SEX ALREADY!?! HUH?! WHY WAS SHE NAKED!!?? lol idiot!!

Jacks even more assier than usuall.... ass!

..x

BAHA i forgot i was reading this fic for a second n thought i was reading ur other one lol n im like THEY HAD SEX ALREADY!?! HUH?! WHY WAS SHE NAKED!!?? lol idiot!!

Jacks even more assier than usuall.... ass!

..x
ha nice...but its not your fault - i udnersatnd the confusion ;)

I know Jack can be mean, but it's usually directed to the person dating his daughter, not his daughter...
Glad Vaughn was there for Syd.

Chapter 20
In the next few weeks Sydney struggled to recover from the sting of her father’s comments. There was nothing she could do to deny them, because they were entirely true. She hadn’t let any of her boyfriends meet her father since college for reasons that were now painfully obvious and she hadn’t been in a serious, committed long-term relationship since then either. After moping around despite Michael’s attempts to cheer her up, which varied from jewelry to a funny movie, she decided that she had to prove him wrong and Michael was the exact way to do that.

Though she was still slightly fearful about being so committed to someone, she truly wanted to commit to Michael. Her fears were mostly of being hurt, but considering their relationship history, she had been the one doing the hurting to herself and to him. Plus, she knew that if she kept running from commitment every time it came up, she’d be running forever and she didn’t want that either. As difficult as letting go of her fears was, in the end, it was definitely worth it.

Before Sydney even realized it, she and Michael were celebrating their four month anniversary together. They had been having such a wonderful and perfect time together the months had passed more like days. Sydney didn’t mind, though; she was too happy.

By their fourth month together, Michael had practically moved into Sydney’s apartment. His reasons for this were twofold. First, he wanted to spend every moment possible with her. An additional reason was that Eric’s new girlfriend had a particular distaste for him (well, actually the distaste was mutual) and since she was spending time with Eric, Michael had to spend time away from Eric, which was the perfect excuse to be with Sydney. Because of his frequent overnight visits to her apartment, Sydney had given Michael his own drawer and closet room for some of his clothes, which he appreciated greatly.

Since it was the first time living with anyone of the opposite gender for both of them, their cohabitation caused some awkward and some tense moments between them at first. The strangest being the time Michael had woken up in bed beside Nadia and not Sydney, which perplexed him to no end since he was convinced he had gone to sleep beside Sydney.

It was very early on a Saturday morning and, when Michael opened his eyes, all he saw in his sleepy state was a mass of dark hair. Immediately, he thought the hair looked darker somehow, but attributed it to his sleepiness. When he opened his eyes the second time, though, he jumped nearly a foot. It was obvious the body beside him was Nadia and he was befuddled as to what she was doing there. “You’re not Sydney…,” he had said to her.

“No…,” she mumbled. “Too hung-over to care…”

Quickly, he slid from the bed and backed away from it in an almost fearful way. Nadia was dressed in jeans and a black top, obviously ‘clubbing’ wear. She was lying atop the covers with her head smashed into Sydney’s pillow. Even in his sleepy state Michael comprehended that she had probably stumbled in and simply collapsed without noticing or caring who else was in the bed. The only question was: where had Sydney gone?

Michael crept slowly out of the bedroom and found Sydney asleep on the couch. From the bottle of Tums beside her on the coffee table, Michael deduced that she probably hadn’t been feeling well and moved to the couch so she wouldn’t wake him. His deduction had been correct and, when Sydney awoke, she was horrified to realize what her sister had done, especially since Nadia had made it no secret that she found Michael easy on the eyes. They eventually sorted the situation out, of course it was later that day after Nadia’s hang-over had dissipated, but, in the end, Nadia promised never to crash in her sister’s bed again, especially if it was occupied by someone, namely Michael.

Around their fifth month of dating (fifth consecutive month that was), Michael decided that he was going to propose. This idea stemmed from Sydney taking care of him when he succumbed to a rather nasty cold and was utterly miserable. Sydney refused to leave his side for a moment though, constantly making sure he was alright and taking care of him. Of course, her close contact to him resulted in her catching his cold, but she didn’t even seem to mind that much. To return the favor, Michael took care of her after he was better, but he felt that, somehow, that just wasn’t enough. That’s where he got the idea to propose.

In the months since their rather catastrophic lunch with her parents, Sydney had been anything but commitment-phobic and Michael was fairly confident she would say yes to his proposal, especially when he made it clear he’d be willing to wait as long as she wanted before they actually married. The only problem was how exactly to do it. He thought about it for almost a week before the perfect proposal hit him. It would take creative planning, but he was convinced he could pull it off.

Every night, Sydney went to bed wearing the same outfit: a white tank top with navy blue shorts. Of course, she had more than one tank top and more than one pair of shorts and their styles differed slightly, but as a general rule they were the same. On the nights Sydney and Michael would make love before falling asleep, she’d never bother to put the tank top back on, but always put the bottoms on (which Michael found adorably amusing). In the mornings, though, as she was shuffling her way to the bathroom, she’d be pulling on her tank top, not really paying much attention in her still asleep state. From this stemmed Michael’s idea. He had to wait until she was asleep, of course, to pull it off, but he did it and, once it was done, he went to bed with a smile on his face, anxiously awaiting the next morning.

The next morning, a Saturday, like always, Sydney shuffled her way to the bathroom, not paying attention to anything as she pulled her tank top over her head. As she was washing her hands, she glanced up to the mirror and noticed something strange and blue on the front of her tank top. Since she wasn’t wearing her glasses or contacts, she couldn’t see it at first. She squinted her eyes and leaned closer to the mirror. In doing this, she was able to see what was on her shirt and, when she did, she gasped.

Using blue painters’ tape, Michael had formed the words, “Marry Me?” across her shirt, but backwards so it could be read in the mirror. He had originally planned on writing ‘Will you marry me?’ but quickly realized he’d run out of room if he used all four words, so the shortened version was enough, even if the question mark looked entirely deformed.

For a solid two minutes Sydney stared at her shirt in the mirror, tears welling in her eyes. Then, she ran from the bathroom and back into her bedroom where Michael was still asleep. It was still early, barely after seven o’clock, but Sydney didn’t care; she had to wake him. Michael, of course, had meant to wake up when she slid out of bed so he could see her reaction to the shirt, but unfortunately, her shaking the bed had failed to stir him.

Sydney launched herself up on the bed, straddling Michael’s body with her hands and knees, grin on her face as she shook the bed saying, “Wake up! Wake up!” He groaned but didn’t open his eyes. Sydney sat down on his stomach and continued to shake him.

“We just did this last night…,” he mumbled sleepily, not conscious enough to remember why he should have been waking.

“No, not that!” Sydney groaned. “Michael yes!! Yes!”

“Wha…?” he grumbled. Then, as he slowly opened his eyes and saw the grin on her face and then the backwards ‘marry me’ on her shirt he was wide awake within an instant. “YES?!” he asked, trying to sit up, which was difficult since she was still sitting on him.

“YES!” she repeated with a grin before attacking him with a kiss, causing him to be flattened onto the bed once more. “Oh god Michael I love you so much this is … so great!” she grinned. She stretched out her body to lay on top of him as she continued to shower his lips and chin with quick kisses.

“Glad you… like it,” he laughed.

“The shirt idea was so… original!” she laughed, unable to think of a better word. “How’d you come up with it?!”

He shrugged. “It just… came to me.”

“Well I loved it and I love you,” she smiled at him.

“I love you too,” he smiled back at her.

“Let’s get married next summer a year after we met for like the third time,” she laughed. “OH! and we could have pictures at that park!”

“Sounds perfect,” he said before kissing her.

Epilogue
“Ooohhh Michael, honey, come look at this!!!” Sydney cooed to him, emotion filling her voice.

“Syd,” Michael said in a tone that demonstrated his annoyance but also showed he was trying to mask it as much as possible so not to anger her. “Honey, if you call me in here every two minutes we’re never going to get our things packed up,” he sighed as he appeared in the doorway of their bedroom. The moment he saw the tears welling in his wife’s eyes, he knew his gentle-as-possible warning had been a mistake.

“You don’t care about me!” she choked out. “You don’t love me! I’m just your fat old wife.”

“No, no, no, no, no,” Michael said quickly, attempting damage control as he rushed to her side. “No, sweetie of course I care and I love you and you’re beautiful and sexy and perfect,” he said, stroking her seven months pregnant belly. “What did you want to show me?”

“Just this,” she sniffed slightly, holding up the item in question. A grin spread across Michael’s face when he saw the tank top with backwards lettering he had proposed with three years earlier.

Michael leaned down and gave her a long sweet kiss. “I love you so much.”

A smile broke through Sydney’s tears as she said, “I love you too… and I’m sorry I’m a nutcase.”

Michael laughed softly. “You’re not a nutcase,” he assured her. Then, he leaned over and kissed her expanded belly. “Love you too baby boy. Take your time coming out, though, we still don’t have a name for you,” he said with a pointed look towards his wife.

“Hey, I still have time!” she defended.

“I know you do, but we don’t have time to keep packing so slowly. The movers are going to be here in,” he paused to look at his watch, “two hours!”

“Alright, alright, packing,” she sighed as she tossed her proposal shirt into the box beside her. As Michael disappeared out of the room, she smiled and pressed her hand across her belly in the spot he had just kissed; she loved her life.

:smiley:

thanks for reading everyone!

Tomorrow Green Apples

Back