Those piercing baby blues
Shattered Illusions

Author: Me, JuJu
Rating: PG to PG-13
Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance
Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias blah blah :yawn:
Warnings: none
Pairing: S/V
Summary: To follow your mind? Or your heart? What would you do?

A/N: This fic is pretty self-explanatory, so I won’t bore you with a plot summary right now. Read and find out! :D

Oh! Thanks to Cai, Laur and Gweer for beta-ing :hug: You guys rock! *whispers* Yes, I changed the title from RTD to this, otay?

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

PART ONE

Chapter One

“So guess who’s coming back to LA?”

Sydney stared as her best friend, Lucy, carefully applied eye shadow and lined her eyes. Lucy’s eyes caught hers in the mirror. “What?” she asked, her eyeliner frozen midway on its journey to the dressing table.

Sydney shook her head. “How the hell do you wear that stuff?”

“What, makeup? Syd, every girl wears it… except you.”

“How can you be bothered? It’s just putting on a layer of deceit. Not beauty. I mean, if you want to impress someone, wouldn’t you want them to see the real you?”

“I’m not trying to impress anyone. I just didn’t get much sleep last night and I don’t want to walk out with bags under my eyes.”

“But… eye shadow and eye liner don’t cover bags up. And you don’t have bags under your eyes.”

“I know, I used this stuff to cover them up.” She gestured to one of the many crèmes neatly lined up on the dressing table and Sydney rolled her eyes.

“So what’s the point of the eye shadow?”

Lucy laughed. “Don’t worry.” Sydney had to smile. Even though they were best friends, they couldn’t have been more different. Lucy was the typical girl, into fashion, gossip and guys. Sydney on the other hand would rather sit down with a book or go for a run or practice karate rather than a trip to the mall.

“You know,” Lucy began hopefully. “You should let me fix you up. Just a little-”

“Luce-” But she kept talking and Sydney sighed. Lucy had been trying to do a makeover on Sydney for ages but there was no way in hell that she was going to wear a pound of makeup and strut around in a miniskirt.

“Once I’m done with you, you’d be gorgeous. ‘Cause you are pretty, you are, no matter how many times you deny it. I mean, guys everywhere would be turning their heads to look at you. And-”

“Hey!” Sydney protested. “I don’t need a boyfriend!”

“Sure you do. What about Will?”

Sydney raised an eyebrow and looked at her friend incredulously. “Will Tippin? He’s my friend.”

“He likes you.”

“No he doesn’t.”

Lucy sighed, “Anyone a mile away can see he likes you.”

“And what about you?”

Lucy smiled, “I’ll know when Mr Right comes along.”

Sydney laughed, “You’re nineteen. You don’t have to find the guy you’re going to marry or anything. Let loose and have a bit of fun.”

“Says the girl who has all the experience, huh?”

“Shut up.”

“So you still never answered. Guess who’s coming back to LA?”

“I don’t know.”

“Guess!”

Sydney rolled her eyes, “Just tell me.” From the way she was excited, it had to be someone good.

“Michael.”

Sydney stared at her. “What? Noooo!” she groaned. This wasn’t good. It was far from good.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she muttered as she fell back against the bed. Michael was Lucy’s 20-year-old brother and it was fair to say that Sydney loathed him. As far as Sydney was concerned, he was a sexist pig with not an ounce of respect for the fairer sex. Needless to say, his deciding to spend eight months in News York was definitely the best decision he ever made, at least in Sydney’s point of view… she just wished he’d decided to permanently move there.

Lucy laughed. “He wasn’t going to stay in New York forever.”

“It’s already been eight months?”

Lucy shook her head, “I don’t know why you two can’t get along! I mean, you guys would have a lot in common.”

Sydney sat back up on the bed in shock. “Me and Michael Vaughn? Having stuff in common? No. Way.”

“I don’t get why you hate him so much.”

“Is it that hard to figure out?”

“Well, you have already punched him in the head, you know. I guess it’s pretty clear.”

“Hey, he asked for it. It was his fault.”

“Why do you even do karate and all that martial arts stuff?”

“It’s good to know self-defence. And I don’t even do it that much anymore.”

Lucy shook her head, “I’ll never understand.”

Sydney rolled her eyes. “So when’s he coming back?”

“Wednesday.”

“That’s three days away!”

“Mhmm.”

“Great, I’m so looking forward to it,” Sydney said sarcastically as she fell back onto the bed again. Lucy put a final touch to her makeup and stood up.

“Let’s go, I’m done.”

“Finally, like, after two hours. Who’s going to be there anyway?”

Lucy smiled. “Matt.” Matt Seltzer was a guy that Lucy had had her eyes on ever since he moved to LA and joined their uni a month ago. From the way he talked to Lucy and stared at her, anyone could see that he just as interested in her as she was in him.

“I don’t get why you two just don’t go out.”

“I’ve barely known the guy for two weeks!”

“So?”

Lucy sighed. “It doesn’t work that way.”

“You like him, he likes you. Go out with him, it’s that simple.”

“Maybe.”

Sydney laughed and Lucy grabbed her sleeve and pulled her to the door impatiently. “C’mon, we’ll be late.”

“Okay, coming.” Grabbing her jacket, Sydney followed her best friend out the door.

TBC

:snorkel:

Michael was Lucy’s 20-year-old brother and it was fair to say that Sydney loathed him. As far as Sydney was concerned, he was a sexist pig with not an ounce of respect for the fairer sex. Needless to say, his deciding to spend eight months in News York was definitely the best decision he ever made, at least in Sydney’s point of view… she just wished he’d decided to permanently move there.
Well I can take one guess as to which illusions will be shattered... lol

loved it munchkin :hug:

Chuck me on the pm list!

Aly -xx-

Shhh Aly, wanna just give away the plotline, why don't you? :lol: *giggles* I love predictable fics!

BUT! That's where the JuJu part comes in... there will be a HUGE twist :sly:

Oh. Pee-emmy lists... I shall do that on Thursday... *scampers off to avoid work even though she loves Aly to bits*

sounds cute so far, can i get a pm? i dunno why, but i love it when they hate each other at first, it always makes a really cute story

So do I :P Which bascially means, you guys aren't gonna get much S/V action for a while :whistle:

Thanks!

-EDIT-

NOTE: Will add everyone to the PM list in the next few days... stay tuned!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*stops to take a breath*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*collapses onto the floor*

Must have oxygen...

Or air, at least, because pure oxygen can kill you. :blink:

ANYWAYS!

Dude... YOU POSTED THIS FIC EARLY! TOTALLY FREAK ME OUT, WHY DONT CHA?!?!?!?!?! :o_O: *pulls out JuJu's my hair* The fact that you posted it early is a good thing though. The earlier the better, because frankly? You've waited way too long to get postin'... Using the ole suspense trick on us, are we? :eyebrow:

But anyways. T'is a shame you won't be updating LYIE anymore... *coughHINTcough* Heh. Kidding. But it doesn't matter, because I get a new Jooblie fic to obsess/nag/poke about! :woot: It's almost like getting another second home. *hugs home* Thank you for the new home, JuJu :angelic: :hug:

One thing though:

YOU CHANGED THE TITLE!!!!

:thud:

And here I thought you had a sudden burst of inspiration, and started yet another fic. :blink: Meh. Oh well. We get this one. I'm more than happy! But... You changed the title of the fic! :Ponder: Now this is going to take some getting used to.

*stares*

Sha—

Shattereded—

Loosers? :confused:

Kidding, I love the title Joopie... Equally, if not more to RTD ;)

It's more pessimistic though, don't you think? What do you have up that sleeve of yours, exactly? :eyebrow:

OMGASAPPTOOMG... It's raining! It's freaking raining! :woot: Or is that the shower? Oh my god, it's raining. YESSSSS!!!!

*ahem*

Anyway. Just wanted to say that you did a fantabulous job with the first chapter (you honestly have no idea how many times I've read this chapter over, I've got every chapter you've sent me saved to my harddrive you know ;)), and the thing you did best? The characterization of Sydney and Lucy. They have rather detailed personalities already, and considering it's only the first chapter... I'd say you did a damn good job, Miss Jooblie.

*hands JuJu a half-eaten cookie*

OMGOMGOMG! I forgot to eat the rest of my cookies... :shock:

*runs*

Cai
x

ps. I think it's fairly safe to assume you'll add me to your pee emmy listie :P

OMGASAPPTOOMG

= oh my God, as soon as possible, please turn over, oh my God

:blink:

*wails* I don't get it...

This is great
I love it already
I can totally see what happens though
They will be in the middle of a fight, and Michael will just grab her and kiss her
I'm glad about that too
I know I'm going to love this fic
And i know that i will be the one sittingher and going JUST KISS ALREADY!
Thanks for the PM
Keep me on the list
Update again soon please

juju and cai = 😆

why is everyone calling their other characters lucy? :Ponder: BUT....MORE IMPORTANTLY why is Michael Lucy's brother :nonono: NO FAIR. I don't dig incest :o_O: There go my chances...........

love it though... awesome title, what does RTD stand for though? :confused:
I know it means Ready To Drink in bar terms... I assume that's not it though ;)

add me to da pm listie please?!?! thankies!!!

WOOP juJU's back in town hay :whistle:

:D :D :D

and they hate each other which in story terms means they end up so inlove it's great and woooooooooooooooooo juj u's writing it :D :D :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *scratches head in wonderment*

humm sure had somehting to say here... how does it go, i gotsa ask for something... :Ponder:

AHA!

:mail:

i've got to spew up an envelope :P

tootles

I love it :smiley:

I can tell that it's gonna be fun to watch Syd and Vaughn hate each other and then like each other

Can't wait :smiley:

Please PM me when you post more

Back