Silver

I think it's great that Sydney can help someone who wants to learn how to skate but can't afford it. And it appears Sydney is starting a new skating career; i.e. coach.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Aww.. that's so nice of Sydney. To offer free lessons to Marie. :smiley: Such a sweet idea. I'm glad that the camp was a success.

Great chapter. Thanks for the pm.

That was great ... lamo love Fran trying to pull a fast one with that 50/50 stuff ... glad they had fun with the camp ... even if it was hectic ... aww love Marie soo cute ... glad Syd talked to her mom ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

I'm so glad to be back!! London was so boring!! but having caught up with this fic made my day so much better, seriously...

Awesome chapter. Thanks for the pm.

°°NiCkY°°

Good experience for Sydney, Vaughn and Francie with the skating camp.
They will be better prepared for the next camp and any future camps they put on.

I think it's great that Sydney can help someone who wants to learn how to skate but can't afford it. And it appears Sydney is starting a new skating career; i.e. coach.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris
I was thinking along those lines. Plus, Sydney will get experience being a trainer.
This is a win-win situation. Marie gets lessons skating and Sydney becomes a coach
without the worry of money. Marie's mother is an example of someone living with
tunnel vision. She doesn't see anything going on in the world and what little she has
seen she assumes is the way all things are.

10 more chapters until the angst and it is between Sydney and Vaughn.
I will be sad when those chapters come up.

Sydney was taken aback by the woman’s comment. “Um, do you mind if I ask why?”

“It’s not just skaters. I don’t want her becoming any sort of professional athlete. They’ll encourage her to take drugs,” Mrs. Thompson said fearfully.

Sydney almost laughed from pure confusion. “I assure you I don’t take drugs. Olympic athletes are constantly tested. I don’t take drugs.”
Why does most people think that athletes are druggies? I'm sure some of them do, or did at one time. And its not just sports that get into drugs. Everyone has the chance to take them, but not all of them have to. Its the persons choice, not the activities they're involved it that influence it. Where has Mrs. Thompson been??? Some athletes are actually clean.

“Olympics?” Mrs. Thompson questioned. “You’ll have to forgive me. I pay no attention to sports. You went to the Olympics?”

“Yes,” Sydney said cautiously.

“I told you Mom!! Sydney won the silver medal!” Marie yelled to them, clearly listening to their conversation.

“Oh, sorry,” Mrs. Thompson said to Sydney.
Does Mrs. Thompson think that he daughter is a liar, or just that she doesn't know what she is talking about.. I don't really like her, if you couldn't tell.

“It’s not just that... I don’t want her getting too involved,” Mrs. Thompson said.

Sydney sighed heavily, knowing she was fighting a losing battle. “Well, I’m sorry you feel that way, I mean, your daughter seems very interested in skating.”

“Well, unfortunately, we cannot afford expensive training or anything of the sort,” Mrs. Thompson said.

“But she could skate with me, for free,” Sydney interjected. “I don’t mind. I’m here all the time anyway.”

“Don’t you have to rent this place?” Mrs. Thompson asked, looking around the rink.

“I own it, well, my father does,” Sydney told her.

Mrs. Thompson sighed. “Well, I suppose we could try it out. Three times a week?”

“Sure,” Sydney smiled broadly. “Anytime that’s convenient for you.”

“Alright,” Mrs. Thompson nodded.

“YAY!” Marie squealed and ran over to them. “Thank you Mommy! Thank you Sydney!”

“You’re welcome.” Sydney laughed as the little girl hugged her.
Syd is so great! She is gonna be a great mother when her and Micheal actually have kids. And I'm starting to like Mrs. Thompson. Now that she realizes that athletes aren't druggies and has agreed to let her daughter skate.

Great chapters!

Megan

Back