So did Irina kill Vaughn's dad or what?

Why on earth would Irena kill that man that was trying to protect her daughter, the Passanger?? What's up with that? Were they in cahoots or something? I feel ike I missed something. Thanks!

I agree, that doesn't make any sence!
Personaly, I Think she didn't kill him! Even if it was because he was hidding Nadia from her she could have just kill him with a shot, and not by torturing him!
In my opinion there's a lot more in this story.:P

I don't know what to believe because before the debacle that has come to be known as season 3 happened Irina had simply killed him. But now it turns out she killed him b/c of the Nadia thing which was obviously after the fake death. But they knew that she killed him which would mean that they knew she was alive. See last season totally threw a monkey wrench in the damn timeline.

Good point, spy in the dark,

can anyone clarify at what age Nadia was when Bill stole her from KGB? Was it after she was doing the Rimbaldi art for suit-n-glasses? She looked to be like 6 years old there.
I actually think that S4 will clear up how Bill V Sr was involved since Brill said he was a Follower of Rimbaldi and they want to protect the passenger...even from "the chosen one".
Maybe it will come out that Irina did not kill BillV sr, maybe it was Jack since Jack was his boss?

yeah, it is all very murky....hopefully they will figure it out and paste it together

There's no reason why Irina wouldn't kill someone who was protecting the Passenger--if he was protecting the Passenger from her.

We really can't tell exactly what transpired now--obviously the "official" version is a cover-up of some sort. However, Irina certainly could have killed him--and there's more reason to believe that she would have killed him than Jack would have (his colleague, and someone known to be a little more judicious with lethal shots, although he's certainly capable of delivering them!). Say Vaughn Sr rescues Nadia from the KGB and Irina has escaped. There is no reason why she wouldn't kill Vaughn to get Nadia back for herself--knowing that Jack would want to take Nadia away from her. (What, do you think that they would automatically be working together as one, big, happy family?) Even if it were the case that Jack assisted in Irina's escape (which, being open-minded, I consider to be a possibility), there was obviously a betrayal involved in the escape somewhere (for whatever reason) when she went to the KGB.

However, to me, the larger problem is the problem of Jack's knowledge of Irina's survival. There's no way that he'd simply allow her to rattle around the world unmonitored. His agitation upon realizing that she was alive was real--and if it wasn't about the tires, then it must have been a realization inspired by Sydney's revelation. If he didn't believe that she died in the accident, he must have somehow been convinced that she died at some later time.

do you remember Irina said to Vaughn "how do you say thank you to the person who killed your father?" well she said it in season 2 to Vaughn so i'm pretty sure she killed his father.
however, remember in season one jack found out that the CIA believed Derevko to be alive? it was just kept classified.

doesn't seem to me to be as big a mystery as y'all are making it out to be but there is one question that needs to be answered.
when did Vaughn find out that Irina killed his father, and what exactly was mentioned about it? we need to answer that first before we get all carried away. cause i can't quite recall how it was mentioned and what the details were. it was in s1 for sure. somebody ought to get on top of this straight away.

Vaughan found out that Irina had killed his father when it was revealed to Sydney and Vaughan that Irina was KGB, this was season one, when Syd discovered the code written in the margins of the books her mother had been given by her father. That in itself never quite worked out because if it was Jack that bought the books back to Irina, he must have known something surely.

G.Donato said:
if it was Jack that bought the books back to Irina, he must have known something surely.
[post="1093191"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's possible that he did, if you factor in the "5-year discovery" theory and possible ramifications thereof. ;)
✌️

Jack purchased books for Laura (Irina) from a foreign bookstore. probably books she'd asked for. books the KGB printed codes in. no reason to be suspicious that Jack knew he was delivering her KGB codes.

still the question about what exactly was said about Vaughn's fathers death hasn't been answered. can someone check that episode and post the dialogue? i'll get on it if i have the time, but this is important. we should all get on this.

Back