Teen Vogue

Very well. My guilty pleasure right now is "Yu-gi-oh!" :lol: There's just something about the ties of family and friendship, the fact that you even root for many of the bad guys--to be redeemed, of course!--and even the arbitrariness of the card duels (the way the rules seem to almost be made up as they go along as new cards are introduced) amuses me--and of course, the fate of the world hangs in the balance and everything ties back to ancient Egypt! It's just irresistible and addictive . . . I even forgive the lack of animation in the face of the quality of the drawings . . . Even the music is awfully good for a cartoon. (of course, what's with the green & red hair? Maybe I like that, too . . .) I drag myself in from a grueling day at work and can take a half-hour off from enslavement to triviality and plunge myself into a world wherein the fate of the world hangs on your every move. I fully admit that it's silly . . . it's a fun excuse to sell a bunch of cards and games, really, isn't it? But, hey, I'm hooked!
:lol:

verdantheart said:
Very well. My guilty pleasure right now is "Yu-gi-oh!" :lol: There's just something about the ties of family and friendship, the fact that you even root for many of the bad guys--to be redeemed, of course!--and even the arbitrariness of the card duels (the way the rules seem to almost be made up as they go along as new cards are introduced) amuses me--and of course, the fate of the world hangs in the balance and everything ties back to ancient Egypt! It's just irresistible and addictive . . . I even forgive the lack of animation in the face of the quality of the drawings . . . Even the music is awfully good for a cartoon. (of course, what's with the green & red hair? Maybe I like that, too . . .) I drag myself in from a grueling day at work and can take a half-hour off from enslavement to triviality and plunge myself into a world wherein the fate of the world hangs on your every move. I fully admit that it's silly . . . it's a fun excuse to sell a bunch of cards and games, really, isn't it? But, hey, I'm hooked!
:lol:
awww V! that's so cute! you're a child at heart! :D
--Mandy :angelic:

Hey, I admit it! I watch cartoons. It's part of how I stay young . . . I also listen to the high school music station--it's my favorite station. The DJs aren't so good . . . but there are no commercials except for the public service kind (what a relief!), and the sets that their teacher puts together has a wide variety and are really killer--you never hear "The Working Hour" (Tears for Fears) on radio--except there! I've discovered some great new music on that station.
:P

An even more guilty pleasure-please don't judge me on this- of mine is Pokemon.
Please don't laugh.

I sometimes watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when I'm depressed. :blush: It really does cheer me up! :lol:

:lol: my guilty pleasure? really i dont' have one except for Alias. but after today every one in my english class knows ;) :rolleyes:
--mandy :angelic:

I wouldn't say that Alias is my "guilty" pleasure because with that there's nothing to feel guilty about. The one show I do feel "guilty" about watching and am almost embarassed to admit (so I guess it's my guilty pleasure) is Real World and the Real World / Road Rules challenges. :lol: I still can't believe I watch.... but I can't turn them off.

freakforalias said:
I wouldn't say that Alias is my "guilty" pleasure because with that there's nothing to feel guilty about.  The one show I do feel "guilty" about watching and am almost embarassed to admit (so I guess it's my guilty pleasure) is Real World and the Real World / Road Rules challenges.  :lol:  I still can't believe I watch.... but I can't turn them off.
Oh, I know! Even though they're the same every season, they're SO addictive. (Although the current San Diego cast is MUCH more interesting than the boring Paris cast.) And the Inferno challenge should be fun this season too. (I love Coral...She's such a b**ch, but she cracks me up! "I'm gonna make Trishelle a shirt that says 'Infern-ho'" :rotflmao: ) Old-school Mtv reality shows are still the best reality shows!

This thread has gotten a little off-topic, but the sub-heading under the title is "What's your guilty pleasure," so I guess we're still technically on that subject. ^_^

:D :woot: :D Well, I would try to update it thread on the current percents but I was unable to find where to vote. I am computer retarded, but I can tell you that my best sents are gardeina and lilly of the valley( :blush: which coincidently it the flower of my birth month). :rolleyes: Anyway back to the topic at hand, I would call alias my guilty pleasure, not because I am ashamed to talk about or admit I watch it. Rather it is my guilty pleasure because I feel so guilty for constantly telling my friends, whenever I saw them over the summer, that "A person cannot just be gone for two years" and "I would like to jump off a building and shoot out its' windows" :Ph34r: .

K.Ackles I completely know how you feel about being obssessed.

Back