The Bristows

This Alias spinoff would take place when Sydney is 4-22 so there would be at least 3 different people playing her mainly by Jennifer Garner giving the flashbacks and in the final seasons when she is older, the plot being her growing up learning her mom 'died'. The timeline is a teeny bit different from Alias itself. This season starts out with only 13 episodes, a usual minimum for first-season shows. The first season deals more of Irina's death and Sydney's early years rather than CIA, which is the main point of the show.

NOTE- Does not fully maintain "Alias" timeline.

Season 1- 13 Episodes (Summer Season)

1.01- "Mommy Says Good-bye for the Last Time" Show Premiere
Sydney was getting ready for pre-school when her mom told her good-bye thinking that it would be any normal day. But it wasn't. When Sydney got home her father told her that her mom died in a car crash. Mr. Bristow plans the funeral.

1.02- "The Funeral"
When Mrs. Bristow is laid to rest it is time for the Bristows to try to live their ordinary lives. Unfortunately for Sydney, she is only four and already without her mother. Jack tries to console with Syd, but she wants to be left alone.

1.03- "The Birthday"
Sydney was having her fifth birthday, celebrating it only with her dad. Her wish was for her mother to come back, and at four, she thinks it could happen. While she was sleeping she dreampt that her mother came home. When she woke up, she started crying.

1.04- "Jack Leaves"
Jack decides to take a vacation by himself leaving Sydney with a babysitter. The babysitter brings her boyfriend over and pays no attention to her. Sydney sneaks out of the house and goes to the cemetary. There she meets Arvin Sloane sitting on a bench next to the grave. He consoles Sydney and they talk until Jack drives up and takes her home.

1.05- "Sloane Over to Dinner"
Arvin Sloane was invited over for a business dinner. While eating, Sloane and Jack were talking about a 'Project X-Mas' what Sydney thought would be something for her. But she was wrong. When Jack and Sloane left to go talk some more, Sydney followed, but what she heard was a shock, her dad was working for a company called SD-6, although she knew it wasn't she thought her dad did, she knew it sounded important.

1.06- "Inside the SD-6"
Jack was sitting at his desk inside SD-6 when a new agent, 20 year old Marcus Dixon, joins SD-6. Jack has to show him the ropes of SD-6 and helps him train.
Note-Sydney does not appear in this episode.

1.07- "The New Year"
With the new year approaching, Sydney and Jack need to decide what to do with their lives. It has been over 5 months since Irina has passed on, and their house looks like a mess. They decide to hire a maid to help around the house. But she turns up to be a robber, and Jack takes her down with eaze. Sydney was at school while all of this happened so she never knew about Jack taking down the maid.

1.08- "Vacation" (1)
Jack and Sydney head out to Hawaii for a little vacation to get away from it all. There they encounter something weird is going on, someone is following them. Jack sends Sydney to the hotel while he finds out what is going on.

1.09- "The Threat" (2)
Jack confronts the man who tells him he is with the CIA. Jack wonders why he is here, he thinks what would happen if the SD-6- which is not affiliated with the CIA which they tell the agents they are- if he was caught. The man tells him that when Sydney turns 20, SD-6 will want her to be recruited. He must stop it. Jack doesn't care because he would be there to help her. He walks away.

1.10- "Turning 6"
A whole year has passed since Irina has died. Sydney is now turning six with a party with all of her friends. Jack, Sloane, and Dixon are also present on her birthday to spread the joy.

1.11- "Starting School"
Sydney is starting elementary school and is excited. She meets some new friends in her class, especially a guy name Will Tippin, who is very shy and sort of a geek. They hang out a lot after school too.
Note-This doesn't follow the Alias timeline.

1.12- "Will to Dinner"
Sydney invites Will Tippin over to dinner at her house. Jack doesn't like him and Will feels uneasy at the Bristows' home. He later finds out that Jack has a grudge on him.

1.13- "Fourth of July" (1) Season Finale
The Bristows go to a firework show, but end up in the middle of a mess. A man is found dead when a dud firework backfires and kills him. To everyones' surprise it was the President. Jack hunts down the person who set off the fireworks, but he has left the scene. They are stuck in a rut. Or are they?

Total Episodes- 13

Season 2 soon!

Season 2- 9 Episodes

2.01- "Firework Meltdown (Part II)" Season 2 Premiere
Jack finds the man who killed the President, Arvin Sloane. Sloane tells Jack if he turns him in, he will die because he told one of his agents that if he doesn't return within the hour...kill Bristow. Jack lets Sloane go, still not convinced he was telling the truth.

2.02- "First Grade Madness"
Sydney is entering first grade and meets a new friend, Francie. Sydney, Francie, and Will went to a movie with Will's mom only to have her murdered in the middle of the movie. Sydney calls her dad and tells him and he hurrys to pick her up. He takes Will and Francie home but doesn't find out who kills her.

2.03- "The Days of Our Lives"
Jack takes Sydney to the zoo for a father/daughter moment. At the zoo, Sydney thinks she sees someone that looks like her mom. Jack tells her that is rubbish and takes her back home. When Jack gets home he calls Sloane and discusses Project X-Mas.

2.04- "Project Christmas"
Jack dropped Sydney off at school and went to SD-6 HQ. There Sloane and Jack put Project Christmas in action. At school, Sydney showed Will something she took from Jack. It was a gun. Her teacher called Jack and he got really upset with Sydney. She was grounded for a month.

2.05- "The Black Eye"
Sydney saw Will get picked on at school by the bully, Niel. She punched him but he pounded her and gave her a black eye. Jack told off Niel's parents but they didn't care, they were just like him. That night, Jack went and killed them both, and Niel.

2.06- "Twas the Night"
Christmas was coming in the Bristow home, and Sydney was still wishing for her mom to come back. That night she drempt her mom was somewhere in Europe. Little did she know she was. Christmas morning an envelope was sitting on the table addressed to Sydney. She opened it. It was a picture of her, Jack, and Irina.

2.07- "Party of 4"
Sydney, Will, Francie, and Jack all go to Chuck 'N' Cheddar to play games. Jack won Sydney a toy gun, little did he know, it wasn't real. She took it to the park and tried it out. She shot a duck and it fell mid-air. Jack found out and took it away right away.

2.08- "Middle School"
Sydney is entering 6th grade, middle school. She gets a teacher she really doesn't like, Mr. Jones. He teaches math and purposely fails her. She tells her dad and he gets to the bottom of things.

2.09- "Envious" Season Finale
Sydney got a new bicycle for her birthday. Francie became jealous and wouldn't speak to her anymore. Sydney decides to give Francie the bike, but Francie said nah...and they were friends again.

Total Episodes- 22

Season 3 soon.

Sprtfan15 said:
Season 2- 9 Episodes

2.01- "Firework Meltdown (Part II)" Season 2 Premiere
Jack finds the man who killed the President, Arvin Sloane. Sloane tells Jack if he turns him in, he will die because he told one of his agents that if he doesn't return within the hour...kill Bristow. Jack lets Sloane go, still not convinced he was telling the truth.

2.02- "First Grade Madness"
Sydney is entering first grade and meets a new friend, Francie. Sydney, Francie, and Will went to a movie with Will's mom only to have her murdered in the middle of the movie. Sydney calls her dad and tells him and he hurrys to pick her up. He takes Will and Francie home but doesn't find out who kills her.

2.03- "The Days of Our Lives"
Jack takes Sydney to the zoo for a father/daughter moment. At the zoo, Sydney thinks she sees someone that looks like her mom. Jack tells her that is rubbish and takes her back home. When Jack gets home he calls Sloane and discusses Project X-Mas.

2.04- "Project Christmas"
Jack dropped Sydney off at school and went to SD-6 HQ. There Sloane and Jack put Project Christmas in action. At school, Sydney showed Will something she took from Jack. It was a gun. Her teacher called Jack and he got really upset with Sydney. She was grounded for a month.

2.05- "The Black Eye"
Sydney saw Will get picked on at school by the bully, Niel. She punched him but he pounded her and gave her a black eye. Jack told off Niel's parents but they didn't care, they were just like him. That night, Jack went and killed them both, and Niel.

2.06- "Twas the Night"
Christmas was coming in the Bristow home, and Sydney was still wishing for her mom to come back. That night she drempt her mom was somewhere in Europe. Little did she know she was. Christmas morning an envelope was sitting on the table addressed to Sydney. She opened it. It was a picture of her, Jack, and Irina.

2.07- "Party of 4"
Sydney, Will, Francie, and Jack all go to Chuck 'N' Cheddar to play games. Jack won Sydney a toy gun, little did he know, it wasn't real. She took it to the park and tried it out. She shot a duck and it fell mid-air. Jack found out and took it away right away.

2.08- "Middle School"
Sydney is entering 6th grade, middle school. She gets a teacher she really doesn't like, Mr. Jones. He teaches math and purposely fails her. She tells her dad and he gets to the bottom of things.

2.09- "Envious" Season Finale
Sydney got a new bicycle for her birthday. Francie became jealous and wouldn't speak to her anymore. Sydney decides to give Francie the bike, but Francie said nah...and they were friends again.

Total Episodes- 22

Season 3 soon.
[post="1230044"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Munsonator, I am Zara. I love your... uh, outline, I guess it's called! It's hilarious! I especially love Season 2, and more especially, The Black Eye, haha, Jack offing the parents of the brat who popped Sydney! And "Party of 4" is crazy, but definitely in a good way! ;) Keep up the good work. I can't wait for Season 3.

But there is just one thing I must say in criticism. I noticed that after the bits that don't follow the Alias timeline, you put a note. That's cool, but there were some other bits that fit that criteria and you didn't put a note. Such as the fact that you have Syd knowing Sloane. unless I am mistaken, Sydney did not know Sloane existed back then. Remember in Season 1, don't know which episode, but Sloane was telling Syd how he "kept tabs on her in his own way" and Sydney glanced up at him, shocked, and then he explained that he knew her mother and father all those years...
And Syd meeting Francie in middle school, that's a deviation too, because I think they did not meet until the summer before they started at UCLA. But I'm entirely sure about the Francie thing...
Anyway, besides that, I absolutely love your idea. Are you going to write it in story format someday or is this the final product?

I actually did these originally on "Alias Boards" months ago and decided to place them here and see what responses I got. If you like 'em, I'll continue. I actually never thought of doing an actual script or story, but we'll see. If you didn't see, there are a few more 'shows' like this out on AllAlias, currently I've been working on "Alias: In Space" which is in it's 7th season. I'll get another season up HERE for THIS show, soon!

ALSO- On most of my newer shows I write "Does not fully maintain Alias timeline"....didn't do it here. Thanks for reminding me. Its up on the first entry now.

I think your fanfic series here, "The Bristows" is awesome. If I feel that some bits should be different, that's only because I'm not you. It's your fanfic, so it should be your way, and I enjoy it as it is. I'm not critical of fanfic, ever, because even if I don't like something (which is NOT the case here) so what? Most people write for themselves, because it's something that's fun and enjoyable on a personal level, so it really does not matter what others think, though it's always nice when they like it too!

I am going to check out these other shows you mention. Thanks for the info.

Chewstergirl rates The Bristows: (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Back