Horror The Brothers Grimm

I saw a trailer for The Brothers Grimm the other day. It stars Matt Damon and Heath Ledger and it directed by Monty Python's Terry Gilliam. I haven't made up my mind about this movie. It could be really stupid or really good. The preview had Matt Damon licking a frog. 🐸 (gross)

The plot of the movie according to the IMDB.com the plot is:

"Folklore collectors and con artists, Jake and Will Grimm, travel from village to village pretending to protect townsfolk from enchanted creatures and performing exorcisms. They are put to the test, however, when they encounter a real magical curse in a haunted forest with real magical beings, requiring genuine courage."

I'd wait for video for this one. The preview made it look better than it was. One part that totally grossed me out was when this girl skins a rabbit and they show the whole thing. Also when this cat gets chopped up by a fan. Overall, the plot and characters were muddled and I thought the blending of history and fantasy didn't work well. The special effects were great, though.

I thought this movie was intresting, yet I agree it went too far in some places. The cat getting kicked, and the rabbit skinning was digusting. Worth checking out when it comes out on DVD. :smiley:

Back