The feeling of the show now...

i havent seen season 3 yet, as im in australia, but from everything ive been hearing and reading, it sounds like Alias has a completly different feeling about it now - character wise. After reading some of the episode synopsis' in season 3, it sounds like many of the characters have changed and its as if everything has been turned upside down.
In the first season particularly, it was good to have versatile characters. For instance, it was good to see action sequences by Syd, Jack, Dixon; evil characters like Sark, Sloane, Anna; then the 'good' guys like Francie, Will, Wiess etc..... but after reading some stuff about season 3, it sounds like the characters have changed completly... for eg, i read somewhere that Sloane is now working with Syd in missions? wtf?..... after 2 whole seasons of Sydney hating Sloane, they're now working together. Then Francie, i read that she's hardly ever in it. Personally i think the show was great with a neutral character like Francie, it gave it more of a reality feeling, but now she's been replicated etc etc and she's the complete opposite of the Francie in season 1..... and Will, ive read that he's changed too...... :eek: it's kind of like the old days are changing and everyone is turning weird.... and i read somewhere that Syd is sleeping with different guys?? Thats not like Syd at all... :(
As i said i havent seen any eps from season 3, so don't flame me or anything... its just what ive gathered from reading etc :P

Yes, I think you are right. Alias has changed alot in season 3!
I must admit that I don´t really know yet if I like the changes or not. I mean you can´t judge a season or something that´s going on in episodes if you don´t know yet how things are going to develop until the end of the season.
I think Alias has never been more confusing than in season 3, because you still don´t know who is good and who is bad. You just don´t know!! But that´s also a good thing, because that what´s making the show so exciting!! :woot: You never know what will happen next!! But sometimes I also think that some developments are quite exaggerated- for example the come back of Francie after she was "killed" several times! lol
But as I said before......I won´t decide yet whether the season was good or bad until I saw all episodes of it, because we all learned from Alias that every little detail within an episode can be important and change everything in a following episode. So let´s just patiently wait and see what´s gonna happen in the end! :smiley:

San :angelic:

I won't say that a necessarily enjoy the storyline being almost completely different, but I still enjoy the show itself. You can't live with the same thing forever. The show is still great--there's mystery, character relationships/development, some sci-fi and Rambaldi, hidden agendas.

Although I do miss good, normal Francie, the show wasn't going anywhere with her. I would be overyjoyed if the "original" Francie had returned, but there simply isn't enough time for her. She was just getting in the way of more important plot lines. The same thing with Will. I love those two characters to death, but when they don't add much, there's only so much the writers can do. Look at Francie--they had to clone her of all things just to give her some importance. And that was a total blunder!

Anyways, trailing off topic. The show is still great. There are so many questions that need to be answered. Normally, that would be a bad thing, but Alias handles it in a way that keeps you watching. Like Sydney, we already know that she was baddy Julia and kidnapped by the Covenant. But we still want to know why, if she intentionally gave herself in, what she saw, if she had contact with her mother, if she fulfilled the Prophecy, etc. Sloane is a mystery. Irina's... well, she's MIA, but when she does get a mention here and there, it's interesting. And watching the characters grow together is fantastic. Jack and Sydney have never been closer. Sloane has never been more good and evil (he hasn't really done anything wrong, but he must have some endgame). Jack is "starting to like Vaughn again." Vaughn and Lauren... erm... Lauren's a nice gal. The plots that revlove around these characters are addictive.

If there's one character I'm disappointed with (besides Will and Francie), it's Dixon. He's become so directorish. Maybe the old Dixon will come back soon.

Back