The Multi-Board Alphabetical Index

BudBrewster

Captain
I’ve created something new and unique by combining the The Master Alphabetical Index and the Golden Age Horrors Index I designed for the Classic Horror Film Board, and merging them with the five indexes I created for All Sci-Fi and the Science Fiction Message Board.

To these links I've added almost 100 links to threads on Nautilus Submarine, and I’m currently adding links to threads on this board as well.

This alphabetical index includes links to more than 3,500 threads which discuss almost 2,000 movies — located on various message boards.

Using this index, you can instantly go to the threads for the movies you love, located on different boards. As far as I know, nobody has ever done this before. And I did it just for fun. :D

Click on the link below and start enjoying the internet's one-and-only —

Multi-Board Alphabetical Index

Last edited:
Is there a way to do this?
Unfortunately there is no quick way; it's a matter of somebody manually going in cleaning them up one-by-one. After seeing this thread, and seeing the results of sorting the forum by title alphabetically, it's now on my To Do list to work on it. It's good though as it'll serve to clean up some of the threads that were merged in from the sites being merged together.

The movie threads I have been creating are the IMdb title and the year. Is there some other way you would need the threads titled?
Which works out perfectly when sorting by thread titles! (y) When sorting the tiles (by clicking on the column names) the prefixes ("Sci-Fi", "Horror", etc.) are ignored so it is the titles themselves that are then show in alphabetical order.

I may have misunderstood, but you seem to be talking about the way threads are started with titles that don't always identify the movies being discussed.

That's a huge problem on the Classic Horror Film Board, and I helped them a bit with that when I created five different indexes for them, using the IMDB title (with embedded link) to label each thread (or group of threads -- sometimes 10 or more for the same movie!)

The Multi-Board Alphabetical Index follows that same pattern, and with it you get all the CHFB threads for a given movie, plus all the threads from All Sci-Fi, the Science Fiction Message Board, Nautilus Submarine -- and now whatever threads I manage to add from this board as well. :D

Kevin, I'll bet you're wondering how long it took me to create all these indexes -- one for SFMB, five for ASF, and five for the CHFB -- and then the Multi-Board Alphabetical Index which integrated them all into one big list.

The answer is: it took about a week for each index. I've been working on the various indexes for the various boards since May. The ones on All Sci-Fi were created several years ago, but they've been expanded and enhanced in various ways during their long history.

I look forward to finding great threads here to add the Multi-Board Alphabetical Index. I hope you'll encourage your members to join All Sci-Fi and the Science Fiction Message Board in return. Helping to promote each others board is what it's all about, guys.

Back