The Promise

A/N: Hey guys.. this is my first fic! I have no intentions of writing a fic.. i just love to read fics... I just couldn’t get this story off my head so I wrote it… I just love reading fics…English is not my primary language so please bear with my grammar and spelling..

DISCLAIMER: I do not know own any of the Alias characters.. I wish im as smart as JJ Abrams!!! Hehehe!

So here it is… Sorry for it is really long… I already have the second chappy… ill post it as soon as I hear from you guys…

Winter of 1994.

Michael Vaughn held onto the woman he loved for what seemed like forever. He tried to take in everything of the woman he knew by the name of Sydney Bristow. His arms encircling her waist so tightly as if he will never ever let go. Tears are flowing from his eyes uncontrollably as Sydney whispers these words…

“Remember me, Michael. Remember me.” She too was crying terribly and holding onto the one man she had ever loved so deeply. She never wanted this moment to end. She wanted to hang on to his arms forever. It was as if fate brought them together… and it seems… that fate is breaking them apart.

“I always knew that you... and I... will...”

sydney’s words were stopped by a long and passionate kiss Vaughn gave her. She responded for a while but pulled back and tried to say something. She was struggling with words for her tears were flowing endlessly on her face. Vaughn cupped her face, wiped the tears with his thumb and stared into those brown eyes.

“I.. always.. loved you.. I love you still.. and I will always…I promise..”

Vaughn too was struggling with words. He couldn’t put in words how much he loved this woman. He couldn’t just give up now.. not ever.. but he can’t. He HAS to let her go.

Sydney nodded and placed her hands above his hands and stared at his beautiful green eyes. She slowly put Vaughn’s hands above her chest and said to him..

“this.. heart.. is forever… yours Michael.”

After saying those words Sydney ran as fast as she could to the car that was waiting for her. Vaughn tried to stop her by grabbing her arm. Sydney’s back was facing him now. Slowly she turned and faced him again with more tears in her face and said.. “Michael..”

He knew he must let her go. He released Sydney’s arm and let it brush against hers as she ran away from him. He broke down on his knees and covered his face with both of his hands.. the hands that touched sydney’s chest.. reminding him.. that her heart was forever his.

He looked at his hands, then to the sky and screamed..

“Why? Why now? What have I done to deserve this? Why!!!!!

He was talking to God. He knew that He wouldn’t answer him but he still shouted these words over and over again. Oblivious to the people that are passing by and staring at this broken young man.

As soon as Sydney broke free from Vaughn’s embrace, she quickly jumped onto the car that was waiting for her. What seemed like forever for her only happened in ten minutes… the longest ten minutes of her life.

The car sped up the moment Sydney jumped onto the car. She didn’t look back. She just heard his loud cries which broke her heart into a thousand pieces. She too covered her face with her hands and sobbed loud enough for her father to hear. Nadia was there too. And so their mother. Everyone heard Vaughn’s cries… and even Sydney’s.

“Nadia, I think it’s best that you help calm your sister down. We have a long way to go..”

Nadia just nodded and soon embraced her sister. Sydney broke free from Nadia’s embrace after a while and said in a soft voice..

“I’m okay”.

She afterwards grabbed hold of her sister’s hand and squeezed it a little bit signaling that she really is okay. She took a breather and tried to take a last glimpse of what their home looked like.

“I wont forget.” She said to herself leaned back on the headrest of her seat. After what seemed like forever.. she finally slept.

Vaughn couldn’t believe that Sydney finally left. Yesterday was great for the two of them and all of the sudden.. she had to leave. Their lives seemed to be perfectly normal… before two young men came to the Bristow’s residence and ruined their lives.

5 years earlier. Year 1989.

It was a very sunny morning yet the same as all the days, months, and years that passed by in that little village. People knew everyone, even their extended families, the brand of their cars, where each family came from, their favorite things and etc. All the houses were very much identical, the garage, the cars, the lawn.. in short, everything. You could see the adults in their working uniforms going each to their own cars which are just the same. They smiled at each other as usual and went in their cars rushing to go to work. The school bus finally arrived and the teens hurried to the bus and yelling goodbyes to their parents and screaming at their younger siblings. This is a typical day at the Golden Acres village.

A village called Golden Acres with a number of families, a central park, train station and a lake. Nothing was really golden about this village except that a new family just transferred here who was very much different from the rest. This family is comprised of a stern father, a loving wife and two lovely sisters. Different in what way? Nobody knew where they came from, what their past is and why they transferred there.

===========

okay.. ill go run and hide now!!!! :run: :run: :hide: :hide:

my hands are really shaking now...

:bye: :bye: :bye:

Is that the end? Cause then if it is i'm confused a lil'. It was good but is that how Vaughn met Sydney? When her and her family moved to Golden Acres? And then she had to leave him? That's sad. Poor Vaughny. If you are continuing please PM me. I like this.

~Kristina :angelic:

wow me likes me likes very much what a great start to a story aaaw poor Syd and Vaughn.but could I please receive a PM when you update thankyou. I can't wait to see what happens next

Wooooo, Gee!!! You wrote a story!!!! :jump: :jump: I'm so excited!!

Ok, gonna read it now ;)

EDIT: dude! Seriously, if you don't PM me, I'll... never talk to you again :D ;) j/k of course!

I LIKE IT!!! :rockon:

So, update soon ;)

Peanut :hug:

Is that the end? Cause then if it is i'm confused a lil'. It was good but is that how Vaughn met Sydney? When her and her family moved to Golden Acres? And then she had to leave him? That's sad. Poor Vaughny. If you are continuing please PM me. I like this.
--> oh my God.. kristina you actually read this fic.. geez!! im a big fan of your fic!! okay.. i just got your PMs and ill go read your fic!!! and no, the story just starts here.. hehe! sorry if i got you all confused its just i wrote this at about 1 AM in the morning. i couldnt sleep! so i got my laptop and just typed what came into my head without even thinking... and posted it right away..

wow me likes me likes very much what a great start to a story aaaw poor Syd and Vaughn.but could I please receive a PM when you update thankyou. I can't wait to see what happens next.
--> oh :love: liliana thanks so much!!

EDIT: dude! Seriously, if you don't PM me, I'll... never talk to you again  j/k of course!
--> haha! peanut!!! are you stalking me or something?? hahah! we are both agents!! yay! okay.. promise!! ill PM you as soon as i post chappy two.. and please R/R!!! you dont know how much that means to me tho.. okay. we have to beat freaky's post until we reach handler!! hahaha!

Please add me to your PM list
--> i sure will! syd26

thanks guys! promise to post 2nd chappy soon..

and ow...

PM list.

spy41
liliana
peanutbutter
syd26

--> i was supposed to just edit my previous post and since peanut and i have a goal.. reach the handler position!! man! have to post more and more babbling.. hehehe!

okay guys! here is chappy two!!! ill send the PMs as soon as i post this. hehehe!

sorry for this is really looooooonnnngggggg...

and i promise you there will be s/v action in the next chappies. i just have to include someone else first. hehehe!

CHAPTER TWO.

Sydney was way exhausted and fatigued. They had just transferred to this village last night. They have been driving for at least 5 hours earlier and when they finally arrived at their new house, she had to help her family unpack all their stuff.

“Mom, can I just not go to school tomorrow? I mean, can I just sleep all day? Mom. Mom. Moommmm! Helloooo.. earth to mom!!!

Laura Bristow snapped out of her thoughts and just stared at her daughter. “I’m sorry Sydney are you talking to me?”

“Never mind. Goodnight mom. Ill see you tomorrow.”

“Hey! Hey! Hey! You aren’t supposed to sleep yet! You have to help me unpack here sweetie!!!”

“But mom! How come Nadia gets to sleep! And I end up staying sooooo late?”

She is always this perky, sweet and witty. Irina just smiled with those thoughts in her head. God, how she loved her daughter. She started to give Sydney this concerned look and said to her…

“You are my eldest daughter. Responsibilities my dear. Remember our small talk before we left Rainbow village?”

Sydney remembered rainbow village. That was her home at the other side of the country. They have been living there for 17 years… She remembered her best friends there.. Susan, Patrick, Danny and Nicole.

Danny… She was only seventeen. But Danny told her that he was in love with her. Danny was her best friend. She didn’t had feelings for Danny until Danny confessed to her that he was totally in love with her.

Flashback

It was Christmas and a group of 5 thirteen years old were going from house to house singing Christmas carols so that they might receive a treat from their neighbors. This bunch of teenagers usually did this at around Christmas. It was Sydney’s idea. She was the song leader, Danny the guitarist, Susan with the tambourines, Nicole with the flute and Patrick with the “human sounds” (like snorting, drums using just his voice.. the ooohhhss and the aaaahhhsss).

They were best friends. They all grew up together. Danny was living next door to Sydney and the rest were their classmates.

Danny always had this secret crush for Sydney when he was 13. She never noticed it. She firmly believes that Danny just likes her as a friend even if the whole “neighborhood” knows of Danny’s feelings for Sydney.

Time flew and soon, this childhood crush grew to love… for Sydney and Danny were always together. To Sydney, Danny was just a friend and nothing more. To Danny, Sydney was everything.

For years now, Danny hasn’t been telling Sydney of his true feelings for her. He didn’t want to ruin his great friendship with Sydney. All he wanted was their friendship to last. He knew that the moment he would tell her of his love for her, she would move away.

When Danny finally decided to tell Sydney of his feelings… it was Laura’s birthday. Danny bought Sydney a bracelet with an engraving “SD.” Which stands for Sydney and Danny.

The moment Danny gave Sydney the bracelet, he finally told her that he had always loved her. Sydney froze and didn’t know what to do. Just when she was about to tell Danny something her father came rushing towards her and said to both of them..

“I am so sorry Danny but I have to talk with my daughter privately.”

Just before Danny talked to Sydney he saw these two suspiciously looking men talk to Jack. He thought that they were Sydney’s extended family. So he didn’t bother to talk to them for there were much important things to discuss with Sydney at the moment. It was Laura’s birthday… Family Reunion. He said to himself.

Jack talked with her daughter with his usual poker face. But this time… Sydney knew that something was terribly wrong. What her father just told her shocked her.

“Sydney, remember the time that I told you that one day… a day like this will come. I am so sorry Sydney, but today is the day. We have to leave right away.”

Sydney was just lost for words. Tears begin to flood her eyes but she was fighting them from falling. She had to tell Danny. But how? Somehow, she was developing feelings for him too. But she wasn’t sure whether those feelings were love or just love for a friend.

She told Danny that she needed to go do something urgently. She just smiled and left Danny hanging. She didn’t know what to do. Danny just froze up and stared at her as she walked away.

She quickly packed her things and wrote a letter for Nicole, Susan, Patrick and especially Danny. She couldn’t bear to say goodbye to them. She didn’t know how. She just wrote a letter instead and explained that she and her family needed to go somewhere. She had to make up a lame excuse that a really close family member died and they have to leave for good.

Amazingly, Jack was prepared for this to happen. After speaking with Sydney, he rushed to his room and packed his clothes and a couple of luggage already prepared years before. Jack gave Laura a look and they both understood what that meant. They have to leave now. Now.

Sydney left the letters to their maid and instructed to give it to her friends as soon as she has left. She went to her friends and hugged them and quickly ran away without telling them why.

End of flashback

Sydney was still remembering these things when her mother suddenly hugged her and said to her… “You will find friends like them here Sydney, I promise.”

“I know ma, I know.. thank you for saying that.”

“You can sleep now Sydney. Ill take care of these things myself. Your father will help me instead. You go on honey. You have to go to your new school tomorrow.”

“But ma.. I can still help you with th…”

“Ssshh.. now go ahead before I changed my mind. Goodnight sweetie.”

“And ma.. Happy Birthday again..”

Laura kissed sydney’s forehead and gently stroke Sydney’s hair. Sydney then walked slowly to her new bedroom and the moment she laid her back on her bed.. she fell asleep.

“oh s***! Im gonna be late for school!” Sydney said to herself when she woke up. She looked at the clock beside her and it was 7:15 AM. She rushed to the bathroom and noticed that the bathroom door was locked. Nadia, is that you??? Get your ass off the bathroom please coz your big sister’s gotta go to her new school today!! I don’t want to be…. Sydney’s words were cut by Nadia’s red and teary eyes as she opened the bathroom door.

“Hey, what happened to you?”

“I miss home.. I couldn’t sleep last night..”

Sydney just hugged Nadia. She missed home too. But they have to move on. Sydney quickly took a shower and put on her jeans, pink top and sweater and let her hair down.

It was 7:40 and she is going to be late for her new school. Jack was pressing the car’s horn rapidly telling her that they are going to be late. Sydney rushed downstairs and ran outside to their porch when she saw this gorgeous young man about her age also running towards his car.

She quickly jumped to the passenger seat and as soon as they were about to leave, the car just broke down so loudly.

“Damn!!! What is this car’s problem!!!!” Jack yelled.

“the result of driving five straight long hours dad…”

Jack quickly removed his seatbelt and opened the hood of his car which was now smoking. Sydney follower her father.

Meanwhile… while the young man rushed to his mother’s car. He and his mother heard this loud noise. They were about to leave and quickly her mother stopped the car and went outside. The young man followed her mother and went to the source of that disturbing sound. Jack’s car.

As the woman and her son were approaching Jack’s car they could hear Jack cussing.

“Damn it! Just when I needed you the most.”

“Anything my son and I can do to help?” the woman smiled.

“Im sorry you have to hear all my cursing.. my name is Jack Bristow and this is my daughter Sydney. We just moved in last night. I have to drove her to this new school and this.. this! (both of his hands pointing to the broken car.)

“My name is Rachel. Rachel Vaughn (I don’t know the name of Vaughn’s mother!!!) and this is my son Michael. We are on our way to the school. I can give your daughter a ride.” She smiled afterwards.

In as much as Jack wanted to be the one to drive Sydney to her new school.. he cant.. so he said his thanks to Rachel.

“I am indebted to you both. Thank you very much. Its nice to know that we have really good neighbors around here.”

Both Jack and Rachel smiled at each other.

“Sydney.. Right? Shall we go?”

“Oh thank you so much Mrs. Vaughn.” She smiled at Rachel and quickly looked at the ground while she was being led by Mrs. Vaughn to her car.

“Hi there Syd. Can I call you Syd?” She nodded and smiled at him. He smiled back too.

She’s cute. Michael said to himself.

He’s cute. Sydney said to herself.

Michael sat in front while his mother was driving. Sydney sat at the back. It was only a ten minute drive from their village to the school. But to Sydney, it wasn’t just ten minutes. She has a new world waiting for her. This has gotta to be most nerve wrecking ten minutes of her life.

=========

now i have to go and run!!!!!! :run: and :hide:

:bye:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NEXT Chapter.</span>

while you're running, keep writing, ok?
coz i am SOO addicted to this already!
i LOVE the idea of it and OMG CONTINUE!
and please pm me!

luv JuJu :harp:

hey bubbles!!

you are here!! :love::love:

oh thank you so much.. promise! i will write something while i am running!!!! (just dont know how i can do that tho?! hihihI!)

honestly.. thanks!!!!!

you deserved it gee!
and call me JuJu lol

hmm this could be tricky
you could always talk into your ear comm (of course everyone who watches alias went to the nearest spy shop and got one of those) and then dictate what you want to write to someone and then yeah
i dunno
lol i give up hehe

hah!! the ear com.. hah! bluetooth headsets maybe??? but i dont have someone who will type the story. hehe! id rather have my fingers bleed while typing than another person type my thoughts. ahahaha! am i making sense here? hehehe!

okay.. ill call you Juju then!! and call me Crazy!! hehehe! that is what others call me. hehehe! but i am soo not serious, hehehe! call me gee!!

lol you're making sense *nods*
no, i think that i win the crazy title lol
i'll just call you my little gee
aww so cute :love:

im your little gee.. your my big bubblysis JuJu! i was supposed to say big.. but it doesnt sound right.. :banghead: :lol: i added bubbly!!!!

and yah i think you deserved the title crazy more than i do. hihi! you have lots of and lots of bubbles up in your sleeve! that is just your thing!!

aww yay!
i have a name too!
lol
so my wittle gee, you haven't by chance been reading any of my, or Cai's or Laur's fics have you? :blush:
i think that anyone who reads all the bable will like call the security team in to ambush us and take us back to the mental hospital where we belong lol
so how else do you define me as being crazy?
don't worry about insults, i don't mind them lol

hey how about:
i'm your wil' bubblyicious JuJu?
if you dont like the big bit, you can change to that lol
i don't mind!

hahaha! i was supposed to say that a while ago its just i didnt know how to spell Bubblyicious!! or bubblycious!! hah! never mind!
or Bubblicious?? WAaaahh!! cant spell it right!

dude, it IS hard
:Ponder:

bubble-icious
with no e

so it'd be bubblicious
*nods*

no you need the e in it

so it's bubbleicious

Back