The Tommy Shrine

Tommy said:
aliasjgfanaticmv said:
uh, not to cause trouble on my day back, but shouldn't this thread be closed?  Because if someone else opened a topic about another person and how wonderful they were, wouldn't that be something like favoritism?  I'm pretty sure it'd be closed down... but maybe that's just me :o_O:
This isn't a thread praising someone (that someone being me). Even if it was, why would that be a problem? Did you even read through the thread? Or did you just immediately decided to complain about it? It's mostly about our wedding and an introduction to Elyse. If we closed every thread in the member's lounge that was considered "favoritism" almost all the threads would closed. Now, maybe I'm just cranky because I've been wake for 2 days straight, but could you please just let some people have some fun without tainting it?
Ummm...you didn't need to be that mean...she's right...If Jo started a thread called "The Siri Shrine"...you probably would have closed it before anyone got a chance to post in it...

and this thread was made after we had that whole big thing about keeping random stuff only in the random threads...but this thread was pretty offtopic from the start...and the topic wouldn't have been allowed in the first place if it hadn't been about an admin...

And if this was a thread for everyone to "get to know" Elyse...you would have moved it to the introduction thread...but it wasn't moved there so obviously that's not what it was...This thread really doesn't bother me because people had fun and that was cool...I'm all about fun...but you close down other threads even if they're fun..and if we would have told you to not close it because it was fun you would have laughed in our face...but i guess this thread is different because YOU have fun it it...people would have fun in other threads like this but they would have been closed down and you know it...I don't think you should close the thread down because it IS fun...I'm just saying you shouldn't have been a brat to Jo...because she has a point...

SydB_JenG said:
Tommy said:
aliasjgfanaticmv said:
uh, not to cause trouble on my day back, but shouldn't this thread be closed?  Because if someone else opened a topic about another person and how wonderful they were, wouldn't that be something like favoritism?  I'm pretty sure it'd be closed down... but maybe that's just me :o_O:
This isn't a thread praising someone (that someone being me). Even if it was, why would that be a problem? Did you even read through the thread? Or did you just immediately decided to complain about it? It's mostly about our wedding and an introduction to Elyse. If we closed every thread in the member's lounge that was considered "favoritism" almost all the threads would closed. Now, maybe I'm just cranky because I've been wake for 2 days straight, but could you please just let some people have some fun without tainting it?
Ummm...you didn't need to be that mean...she's right...If Jo started a thread called "The Siri Shrine"...you probably would have closed it before anyone got a chance to post in it...

and this thread was made after we had that whole big thing about keeping random stuff only in the random threads...but this thread was pretty offtopic from the start...and the topic wouldn't have been allowed in the first place if it hadn't been about an admin...

And if this was a thread for everyone to "get to know" Elyse...you would have moved it to the introduction thread...but it wasn't moved there so obviously that's not what it was...This thread really doesn't bother me because people had fun and that was cool...I'm all about fun...but you close down other threads even if they're fun..and if we would have told you to not close it because it was fun you would have laughed in our face...but i guess this thread is different because YOU have fun it it...people would have fun in other threads like this but they would have been closed down and you know it...I don't think you should close the thread down because it IS fun...I'm just saying you shouldn't have been a brat to Jo...because she has a point...
We have a standard for closing threads. Every admin follows this. I know you have this idea that we are all a bunch of nazis who like to be unfair and act like royalty to all the members. I'm not quite sure why exactly you think this, it couldn't be farther from the truth. You can go on ranting about it but it's not going to get you much of anywhere, there's nothing much we can change. We have rules that need to be enforced and it's unfortunate that you see us the way you do. I would close this thread if there was a need. Since the closing of the random forum, almost all the threads have become random and we haven't closed them. Not sure why. This thread, even though entitled "The Tommy Shrine" was meant to introduce Elyse and our e-wedding. It wasn't moved to the introduction forum because a) she created a topic there doing so and b) this has mainly been about our wedding, so it stays in the member's lounge. Your comment on me closing a Siri Appreciating thread, am I the only one who remembers the Codename Appreciate thread? Was that ever closed? No. Think of me as you will, but I am just like any other admin. Maybe you don't like me because you see more of me enforcing the rules, but believe me, every other admin is just like me. Hate me? I don't care. I know that sounds out of line, but it's the truth. I'm not changing because you think I'm too strict or unfair, I'm not, you just see me that way.

As for Elyse, she doesn't over come the rules. If she starts a thread that needs to be closed, then it will be.

These are my opinions. You don't have to agree. I'm not asking you to.

Tommy, no one hates you.

I'd like to start a "siri shrine".
Let's do.

I repeat, Tommy, no one hates you.

But I agree, you shouldn't of been so rude.

It does seem that some close threads for no apparent reason.

It's not right to sterio-type the admins or the team. That's bringing everyone into this, when clearly, charlie, elle, and many others aren't involved. It's not respectful to others or yourself to put words in her mouth.

I agree with everything Jo and Mo said. Just that Mo shouldn't of been as rude.

I'm not violating any rules that I know of. I've read Charlie's rules for AllAlias. So there shouldn't be any reason to prosecute me for voiceing my opinions.

Betha Bristow said:
These are my opinions. You don't have to agree. I'm not asking you to.

Tommy, no one hates you.

I'd like to start a "siri shrine".
Let's do.

I repeat, Tommy, no one hates you.

But I agree, you shouldn't of been so rude.

It does seem that some close threads for no apparent reason.

It's not right to sterio-type the admins or the team. That's bringing everyone into this, when clearly, charlie, elle, and many others aren't involved. It's not respectful to others or yourself to put words in her mouth.

I agree with everything Jo and Mo said. Just that Mo shouldn't of been as rude.

I'm not violating any rules that I know of. I've read Charlie's rules for AllAlias. So there shouldn't be any reason to prosecute me for voiceing my opinions.
Look, I don't want to turn this into a big thing, I was just explaining why this thread hasn't been closed. But I'll start from the top with some of your comments:

I may have seemed rude in my first, I know that but I explained that. As for the second post, I don't see at as being very rude at all considering the post I was replying to.

I know at times that it seems we close threads for no apparent reason, usually we try to explain why we close some threads but other times we don't. It seems like we close some threads for unapparent reasons, but we don't. We want you guys to have fun here, that's why this place was created but at times, we do need to close threads to keep some order.

I am NOT stereo-typing the other admins and I am NOT putting words into her mouth. Everything I said was relevant to the post and was somehow related to something she posted.

No, you aren't violating any rules. It's perfectly fine to post your opinions, as long as it's done so in an orderly and respectful fashion, just as you did :smiley:

Again, could we puh-lease drop this!

*in admin form*

You were warned to drop this arguement

closing....

I'm just kidding! :P :D :lol: Anyways.........
I'm confused...The wedding has already passed, right?

Betha Bristow said:
*in admin form*

closing....

No, it's July 21st! :smiley:

I have a few questions!!

So Tommy who is your best man?
Eylse who are your bridemaids?
Are you going to exchange personal vows?
Where's the honeymoon?!! LOL!!

~Just Joking of Course~ :love: :lovers: :chocolatekiss: :2love:

Betha Bristow said:
*in admin form*

closing....

LMFAO. That's funny :P . What's SD-1, the wedding's on the 21st?

Back