Drama Titanic (1997)

I'm surprised there wasn't ever a thread on this before. I suppose the movie isn't as popular now, but I was absolutely in love and addicted to it when it came out. I was one of those Leo followers and sobbing movie goers! I saw it 4 times....which is the second highest number of times, I've seen a movie. :lol: FOTR won that spot...;)

I didn't like it that much when I saw it. (Probably because of all the hype, I hate being told I should like something) But I've been thinking about digging out my family's copy of it. Anyway, it has Victor Garber in it, so that should keep me interested. ;)

alisydas said:
i cryed wen the ols woman died aaaaaaaaaah :(
Same here! I could probably list each and every time i did cry during that movie... Ok, that was probably the last hour of the movie I was in tears, but that spot where Rose is on the lifeboat and Jack is watching her go...and the music playing? *sob* That always got me...I love the soundtrack as well. (y)

I remember I used to love this movie. I saw it 5 times on the cinema and then, of course, I bought it. I knew every dialogue by heart, and I cried every time. Once one of my firned got really scared because I was sobbing sobadly that I couldn't breath :D . It was really funny.
But the thing is that, now I can't get myself to sit down and enjoy it. All I do is look for every mistake possible. And the worst part is that is not even on purpous. I just do. Like how bad is the acting (Kate and Leo's, and mean), and some other research errors I won't mention, becuase I don't want to ruin the movie for those who still love it.
But that year was my favourite movie, and in some aspects it still is.

dude Leo is hot too :lol:
t_11991.jpg

t_7149.jpg

t_8750.jpg

and i love kate's costumes. :D

t_12916.jpg

t_10236.jpg

I love the dress in those scenes as well!! early 1900's fashions are sooo pretty.

And actually...I thought the acting was incredible. Both Kate and Leo did a fantastic job. I know about the errors, I've read them, but the acting was great.

If you go to some link a few pages back about movie bloopers, I clicked on it and happened to see Titanic. It had around 200 from what I can remember...if I could find the link I'd post it, but it IS in the movie thread a while back.

nance said:
dude Leo is hot too :lol:
t_11991.jpg

t_7149.jpg

t_8750.jpg

and i love kate's costumes. :D

t_12916.jpg

t_10236.jpg
That Leo is VERY HOT I can't deny. But I think he looked hotter in Gangs of New York, more manly. Although in Titanic he looked more sweet, even naive.
And Kate costumes are great. I specially like the dress she wears when she's about to jump (the black and red one) and the white one of the end (I think is just like the one of the picture you posted, but in white).

I didn't think the acting was bad. And just about every movie is going to have errors, but that doesn't make me stop liking it. Every time I watch it, I'm in awe on how everything looks so great. From the sets, to the special effects.....I just love it. Maybe it's my director/producer side talking, but it's very interesting to see.

I fell in love with this movie when it came out, and I was only 9. It was so good that I saw in in theaters 4 times...that's the most I have seen a movie in theaters (I saw The Matrix Reloaded three times and I wanted to see it more, but I had my reasons for staying at three ^.^)...I had TWO posters of it, every single Titanic thing I could find, one would call me obsessed.

I grew out of it a little after I got the video (I still want the DVD of it though!)...But now I am obsessed with The Matrix Trilogy, Evanescence, and most of all, SOMEONE...No one knows who that is...Hehehe...