Tourniquet

Juliet starts coming more into play in the chapter after the next one, and then is in a lot of the chapters after that. You don't actually meet ehr for a while, though :smiley:

meet.. HER. OOHHH andrea!! spoiler!! you totally just admitted that Juliet is her own person and not Sydney's Alias.
she's the daughter, isn't she. ISN'T SHE??

This is gonna be an interesitng night...
I like both CIA and AU fics, but I also like CIA fics that are slightly AU, like how you would have written a certain season or event that took place.
Thanks for the pm.

meet.. HER. OOHHH andrea!! spoiler!! you totally just admitted that Juliet is her own person and not Sydney's Alias.
she's the daughter, isn't she. ISN'T SHE??

Oh, lol. I didn't mean it like that :lol: . I don't want to explain how you're going to meet her because that would give away a major part of the fic, but they are kind of in flashbacks.

i tend to like AU, but not when the CIA one is written well.

and i suck at writting CIA.. so.. lol

good update! i hope Sydney wasnt recognized... and maybe he noticed her because she looked like Juliet?

omg cant belive i didnt find this fic till now!!!
its sooo good!!!!!
i love it
wonder if the guy recognized syd
awesome update
can i please get a pm?!!
cant wait for more!!!!

I can just imagine the fun Sydney will have getting information out of Ivan about her missing two years. :angelic: Let's see, there's electro shock, drugs, water torture...

Personally I like both the CIA and AU stories.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I got slightly carried away with this chapter :blush:. It's really long, sorry, lol. Hope you like it. Please read and reply :D!

Chapter 8

~Sydney~

It had been over two hours now. Dinner had been ordered and served ages ago. It seemed the thing to do now was get extremely drunk, but of course Vaughn and I could not do this because of our current situation. It seemed Orazio was having similar thoughts to Vaughn and me, and didn’t accept the drinks his wife kept passing in his direction.

“Just one, Andrina,” Petrov whispered in my ear, hanging off my shoulder. I no longer had any problem with looking him in the eye. He was so drunk that I don’t think he would’ve noticed if I took off my wig and started yelling out that my name was Sydney Bristow.

“Oh no, I couldn’t possibly. Lance and I gave up drinking when we got married.”

“What’s one going to do?” Petrov said, pushing the drink near me once again.

“Well, I for one know it’s not going to do any justice to my body. I only drink water and a few other selected drinks,” I said, eyeing the other women.

They all stopped in mid drink, and put their glasses back on the table, eyeing them suspiciously. I laughed quietly to myself. I was surprised they ate anything at all.

“We should be going, though. It’s getting late,” I said to Vaughn. I could see the thankfulness in his green eyes. The truth was I just wanted to get out of here so Vaughn and I could discuss our next step, plus these people weren’t exactly my choice in dinner guests. I’d much rather spend some time with Vaughn, although I knew that wasn’t the point in the mission.

“Oh, that’s too bad. We were just getting to know you,” Francesca said with an overly dramatic sigh. At least she was more lucid then her friends and husband who were now doing shots and making wildly inappropriate comments. I was quiet, hoping that maybe she would invite us somewhere with her and Ivan. Getting closer to Ivan was apparent.

“We have to spend some more time together during your stay,” she said.

I smiled. “I would love to. When’s good for you?”

“After lunch tomorrow I was planning on playing tennis, but I don’t have a partner. Ivan won’t go with me,” she said, rolling her eyes in her husband’s direction.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Vaughn spoke before me. I looked over at him curiously, wondering what he had in mind.

“That’s too bad. Don’t you have that massage booked after lunch, And?”

I gave him a questioning look before I realized what he was thinking. It was the perfect opportunity.

I smacked my head lightly. “I do, don’t I?” I paused. “But you could possibly go with her, Lance. If that’s alright with you,” I said, directing my question at Francesca.

She looked at me in surprise and excitement. “That would be wonderful!” she said in an overly excited voice, while clapping her hands together.

“All right I’ll meet you down here around 1:00,” Vaughn said.

“That sounds perfect,” Francesca said, dreamily. I stood quickly before I acted on my desire to hit her.

“We have to be going. Toddles,” I said with a wave and a tiny smile.

I pulled Vaughn away from the table and practically ran out of there.

“Well, that was enjoyable,” I said, sarcastically.

“Oh, very,” Vaughn replied with the same sarcasm evident in his voice.

~Vaughn~

That was the worst possible experience I had ever endured in my entire life. That man knew about Juliet; who she was, what she was. The whole time I sat across from him and saw him endlessly flirt with Sydney made me want to literally kill him. If only Petrov really, truly knew who Sydney was; what she represented.

Sydney walked at a rapid pace towards our hotel room. I could tell she was in a hurry to get back to the room so we could discuss what we were going to do. Quickly we walked in the door and immediately started discussing the current, new information we had discovered.

“Talk about luck,” Sydney said with a sigh, kicking her heels into the corner, as I began to loosen my tie.

“I know. Not the most enjoyable people to spend time with, though.”

“No, but that’s not the point, is it?” Sydney said with a smirk.

“No, it’s not,” I said, making my way to the bedroom.

“So, I’m assuming you’ve got the same plan in your head as me?” Sydney called from the other side of the hotel room.

“What were you thinking?” I asked, knowing that whatever Sydney’s plan entailed was far better than whatever I was thinking.

Sydney walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. She folded her hands neatly in her lap. “Okay, you’ll go with Francesca like we told her as I go in search of Petrov. It will be fairly simple to lure him back into his room judging by his actions towards me tonight. I’ll get him in there, without Orazio obviously, knock him out, get the pictures, and then we’ll meet for a quick extraction before Orazio can realize something’s wrong.”

I smiled, loving the way she came up with these elaborate plans so quickly. “Yah, I was thinking along those lines as well.”

“Good. We’ll go over the details more in the morning,” she said with a small smile as she approached me.

“Excuse me, Miss. Bristow, but are you taking advantage of the fact that we are alone in a hotel room in Rome?”

“Yes, Mr. Vaughn, I am. Do you a problem with that?”

“Of course not,” I said with a smile.

~*~*~*~

~Sydney~

I woke up the next morning feeling oddly cold. I kept my eyes closed and reached out for the covers. I felt Vaughn’s arm underneath my fingertips, but couldn’t for the life of me find the covers.

“What the hell?” I mumbled, opening my eyes in regret. Vaughn lay facing me with every single blanket on the bed practically engulfing him. He looked like a tiny caterpillar in a cocoon. The only part of his body that was visible was his head. I laughed softly, and began to pull the comforter out from underneath him. He pulled it back making odd mumbling noises underneath his breath.

“Vaughn?” I whispered. “You’re stealing all of the blankets.”

He turned on his back. “No, you cannot have the butter!”

“Vaughn, wake up,” I said, laughing.

He opened his eyes very quickly, and looked over at me. He laughed at the little amount of covering I had.

“Sorry,” he said, giving me a generous amount of the blankets back. He moved closer to me.

“Better?” he asked.

“Much,” I said with an appreciative smile just as my cell phone began to ring loudly. I closed my eyes, hoping I was just hearing things. I had forgotten we were actually on a mission and not just on a much needed vacation.

“Syd?” Vaughn asked when I didn’t answer.

“Yah, yah,” I said grumbling, while reaching my hand back to grope for the cell phone on the nightstand. I flipped it open.

“Hello?”

“Sydney?” my dad answered back. I inwardly groaned. My dad was the last person I wanted to talk to when I was in bed with Vaughn.

“We didn’t hear from you last night. Is everything alright?”

I mentally slapped myself. I had told my dad I would call him the previous night, but had forgotten, and of course my dad was one to worry.

“Dad, we’re fine. I just forgot. We’ll most likely be coming home by tonight.”

“That soon?” he said.

”We’ve had an easy time locating the man.”

“Do you have a name?”

I sat up and leaned on my elbow for support. “His name is Ivan Petrov.”

“Good work. We’ll run him against our database. Keep your phone with you.”

I nodded, although I knew he couldn’t see me. “I’ll talk to you later, Dad.” I flipped the phone close and turned towards Vaughn.

“What did he say?”

“He’s running Petrov against the database back at home. We should have some more information on him within the next hour or so.”

Vaughn nodded.

“But in the mean time we have to get up or we never will,” I said glancing at the digital clock to the right of me, that read that it was already ten in the morning. We had to meet Francesca within the next three hours.

“No,” Vaughn whined.

I quickly swung my legs over the side of the bed, pulling the covers along with me.

“There. Now you know how it feels,” I said with a smug grin as I watched him shiver.

“You’re horrible,” he said, following me.

“I know.”

~*~*~*~*

~Sydney~

Vaughn and I sat at a small table in the hotel room. He sat across from me with a curious look upon his face as I finished my conversation with my dad. I hung up.

“Okay, Petrov’s former KGB. He was a high ranking officer. Did a lot of field work apparently, and has been assumed to have killed four CIA operatives.”

Vaughn nodded, somberly, thinking how is own father had been killed in the line of duty.

“Be careful, Syd.”

I simply nodded; I always was.

“So how’s the extraction going to work? Vaughn asked, leaning forward slightly.

“I talked to my Dad and he said he would have a plane standing by at the airport, and there will be a car waiting in the back alley for us. License plate number AFST547.

Vaughn nodded. “I’ll be down there waiting for you. You’ve got your cell phone?”

I nodded, going over the plan once again in my head. We had to use our cell phones. Any other communication device might tip off Petrov.

“What are you going to do with Francesca?” I asked.

“I’ll bring her back up here. I’m most likely going to have to knock her out. I could drug her, though. That way she won’t really be aware of what happened.”

“Yah, I’m going to have to do the same with Petrov.”

“I’ll be waiting for you at the car, okay?” Vaughn said, clarifying. I could tell he was worried. It wasn’t an extremely dangerous operation, but any operation I was involved in tended to worry him. It was just in his nature. He had always been like that, though.

“Let’s go,” I said. “Francesca will probably be eagerly waiting for you.” Vaughn rolled his eyes. I smiled, knowing he felt no pleasure in going.

When we reached the foyer we saw Francesca waiting impatiently for Vaughn. She was dressed in the shortest possible tennis skirt (I wasn’t even sure if it was a tennis skirt). Her shirt had a slit in it that showed a generous amount of skin. Her eyes were done in heavy black eyeliner, her lips were a bright pink, and her long hair trailed down her back. At the sight of Vaughn she practically sprinted over to us, and ignored my presence entirely.

“Lance, I’m so glad you were able to join me.”

“Well, it’s my pleasure,” Vaughn responded, politely.

“I should be going. My scheduled massage is in 15 minutes,” I said, attempting to make my presence somewhat known.

She gave me a tiny wave and then turned her attention right back to Vaughn. I walked away giving Vaughn a look that said, “You do anything with her, I kill you.”

I saw her from the corner of my eye touching his arm and giggling. Whore.

I pushed those thoughts out of mind, though. I had to focus on the task at hand. That was all that mattered. I quickly ran back to the hotel room. If I was going to get Petrov back into his room for reasons that would most definitely not be happening, I had to look the part. I had to look like Francesca. I shivered.

I walked into the room quickly, knowing I only had a small time frame. I had already laid out the clothes I was planning on wearing, which Vaughn looked at disapprovingly before he left, but refrained from commenting on.

I pulled on the silk red top over my head. It only came up to about halfway on my stomach, which made me feel extremely uncomfortable (as all my aliases did), but I was getting used to it after ten years of outfits similar to this. I had a short jean skirt on that was in the “destroyed” style, and red stiletto heels that reached just below my knees. If only Vaughn could see me now, I thought, as I regarded myself in the mirror.

I quickly grabbed the red purse that had the camera that the CIA had provided for this specific mission. It was designed as a perfume bottle, so it wouldn’t be noticed at first glance.

I took the elevator down to floor one, knowing that Petrov was in Suite 47. I just hoped that he hadn’t left his room. I didn’t think he would. He wouldn’t want to leave his precious pages that he had spoke so highly of, plus I assumed he would have a major hangover, and would be unwilling to leave the comfort of the room.

I walked down the hallway, looking for any sign of him. I didn’t see anyone, but I could hear someone swearing in Russian near the ice machine. I smiled. This was going to be easier than I thought. I walked over to the sound of his voice, making sure to walk loudly. The sound of my heels echoing on the ground caught his attention. He turned around, and at the sight of me his face turned to one of pure pleasure. I resisted the urge to just turn away and leave. I knew I couldn’t, though. I had a personal stake in obtaining these pages.

I sighed loudly and leaned back against the cold vending machine, and attempted not to shiver as the cold met my bare skin. I closed my eyes and I could feel Petrov’s eyes trailing up and down my exposed body.

“Something wrong?” he said, coming to stand closer to me.

I looked over at him, pretending I had just realized he was there. I laughed.

“Oh, I didn’t even notice you. I’m fine. Just frustrated,” I said with a dismissing wave. He didn’t leave, like I knew he wouldn’t.

“Anything I can help you with?” he asked with a lingering smile.

I pushed myself off from the vending machine and turned so that I was facing him directly.

“It’s my husband. This is our honeymoon and he barely wants to spend anytime with me. He’s out playing tennis or something. I don’t know. It’s just hard. We’ve only been married three days now.” I stopped and looked at him as the smile on his face became larger. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be laying all this on you. They’re not your problems.”

“It’s okay,” he said, touching my arm lightly. I looked away from him, still avoiding eye contact. I could tell he was still slightly out of it from his night of heavy partying, but I still didn’t want to risk it.

He took a step closer to me, as I pretended to fake cry.

“Would you like to go back to my room so we can discuss it?” He definitely did not wish to discuss anything.

I nodded, sniffing. “That would be great.”

He took my hand and led me down the hallway. The feeling of his rough hand against my soft one was very uncomfortable. It felt like sandpaper. He opened the door to his room eagerly. Orazio sat in the corner reading a newspaper.

“Orazio, out! Can’t you see I have a guest?” he said, impatiently. Orazio stood quickly. He looked at me suspiciously, but I just looked at him with my sad, tear filled eyes and he backed off, leaving Petrov and me alone. The room suddenly felt very quiet. I sat on the edge of his bed and started to cry pathetically. He sat down next to me, taking this as an advantage.

He took my hand and I looked up. He pushed me down on to the bed, and I willingly followed. I couldn’t believe that people actually did this. For all he knew his wife could walk in at any moment. I crawled out from underneath him so I had him pinned to the bed. I grinned, which he obviously took as a friendly grin since he grinned back eagerly. I raised my fist and hit him squarely in the nose. A small river of blood trickled down his nose but he instantly passed out. It was a hard hit. I heard the satisfying noise of bones breaking. I left him there and went in search of these pages. I knew I didn’t have a lot of time. I scanned the room as I pulled out my cell phone and hit the speed dial number for Vaughn.

He answered quickly.

“I’m on schedule, you?”

“Yah, I’m just making my way down to the extraction point,” he said.

“Francesca?” I asked.

“She’s up in our room. She won’t be up for at least another hour or so.”

I continued scanning the room for the pages, but stopped when my eyes landed upon a brown briefcase.

“I think I’ve got it. I’ll call you when I’m done. Don’t call me!” I said, not waiting for an answer. I crouched down in front of the briefcase. I scanned it for any explosive devises. I didn’t think Petrov would take those precautions, but you could never be too careful. The lock looked like it would be fairly easy to pick. I went to work and within two minutes I heard the familiar sound of the lock unlocking. I smiled in satisfaction and began taking pictures at a hurried pace. Once I had copies of all the pages I replaced the contents back in their original place. The CIA couldn’t risk taking the pages with us. We needed the Covenant to pursue this for us if we wanted to find out what the pages were for and what they intended on doing with them.

I walked over to Petrov and began to drag his heavy body across the floor, which was a very difficult task considering his size. I dragged him into the bathroom and placed him in the bathtub. I turned on the water, so it was at a lukewarm temperature. I couldn’t risk having the warm or cold water wake him up. I hit him once more, to ensure that he would be out for at least another twenty minutes.

I walked out, smudged my makeup slightly and shook my hair around. I strutted out of the hotel room to see Orazio waiting.

“Mr. Petrov is in the shower. He said to give him twenty minutes.”

Orazio nodded and watched in awe as I walked away. Once I reached the corner I started to walk faster, though. Vaughn and I needed a head start. I pulled out my cell phone.

“Syd?” Vaughn’s voice said, anxiously.

“I’ve got the pages. I’m on my way,” I said, quickly.

~*~*~*~*

~Vaughn~

I waited impatiently for Sydney by the side of the car door. I sighed with relief as I saw her form appear from the side of the building. She ran towards me, and I had to restrain myself from laughing at her appearance. It honestly didn’t even look like Sydney. There was no way that Petrov would ever recognize her as Sydney Bristow.

“Let’s go,” she said, as we both jumped into the car quickly. I stepped on the gas and we sped off.

“You’ve got the pictures?” I asked, turning slightly towards her.

“Yup,” she said, holding up the perfume bottle for me to see.

“We’re one step closer to knowing what happened during those two years,” Sydney said with such happiness that it nearly broke my heart.

I already knew…

I saw her from the corner of my eye touching his arm and giggling. Whore.
Oh and Jealous!Syd makes an appearance. Nice! :lol:

Can't Vaughn like talk to himself a bit more so we can understand what actually happened during those years?

Great chapter!

I'm glad the mission went smoothly!!
-OK is Vaughn going to tell her soon or wait until after everythings safe!??
Great update! Loved it! Thanks for the pm!

Back