Tourniquet

I know Syd is upset...but HELLO she heard herself on tape!!!
-I mean she also knew where she was two years she just had her memory erased...so she had no reason to tell Jack and be at Vaughn!!!
-Loved it!! Update REALLY REALLY SOON!!! Thanks for the pm!!

I can't believe Sydney ratted Vaughn out to Jack and then didn't stop him!
I'm sure she'll regret it and I don't know what the secret is. Can't wait to find out though... :P

Vaughn never thought how far Sydneyd would go to find out what he kept as a secret. Well, he's about to find out. Probably interrogated by the CIA and Jack while Sydney looks on. Vaughn will never want to argue with Sydney again. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

oooo i didnt expect that to happen!!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D update soon

oooo i didnt expect that to happen!!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D update soon

I am so angry at Syd right now...
She saw herself on that tape...
how could she be so stubborn...
I cannot believe she told Jack, She should have went home to Vaughn
to talk about it...She knew Jack would react very badly, but she didn't care.
All the time that Vaughn has known her he has never done anything to intentionally hurt her
so why can't she just trust him...He's been tortured before and if he wouldn't tell Sydney what
makes her think he will talk during the torture especially if keeping the truth will protect Syd.
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more.

poor vaughn :(
but he's right sydney should be sorry
she's just too stuborn
can't wait to see what happens next!!
update soon pretty please
thanks for the pm
-laura

I love this chapter because this is when things start to really happen. I serisouly can't stop wriitng this fic, lol. It's sad really. I already have the next chapter written. I'm going to try and restrain myself from updating for a couple days, though, so I can actually get some other updates in for my other fics. For those of you who are reading Needle Pulling Thread there will be an update really soon (probably tonight). Hope you guys like it!

Chapter 11
(this was originally Chapter 14, but it was pointed out to me that I had the chapters all screwed up, sp it's actually Chapter 10)

~Vaughn~

I awoke soon after I was shot. I was confused as I glanced at my surroundings, but then I suddenly got that profound feeling of dread and instantly knew what had happened. I rested my forehead against the cold steel of the table in front of me. This was like a nightmare. I couldn’t do anything, and had no power over what the CIA did to me. I couldn’t explain my actions to the CIA or to Sydney. What could I do but sit and wait?

I lifted my head at the sound of heels clicking against the marble floor. Sydney stood in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest. Her eyes were now dry, but still looked as lost and confused as ever.

“Syd, you have to make them let me go!” I pleaded with her. At this point I had no problem with pleading and begging.

She didn’t respond. She simply uncrossed her arms and walked towards me and sat at the opposite end of the table. We were both quiet.

Sydney leaned forward and placed her hands on the table.

“Vaughn, I’m begging you not to make me do this. Just tell me and this will all be over.”

I looked away. “No, it won’t. It will only be the beginning.”

“What are you talking about? What is this secret? What are you not telling me?” she asked in a rush.

I looked up quickly to meet her eyes.

“Sydney, if you have any trust in me you will not do this, you will let me go. You will trust that I can’t tell you and you will accept it fully. One day you’ll know everything I have done, and every action that I have taken will make sense soon enough.”

She was silent. I could tell that she was thinking over what I had just explained to her.

“I’m sorry, Vaughn, but I unfortunately cannot accept that. As your girlfriend who you claim to love, I am asking you. If it’s such a big secret I will keep it. Don’t you trust that?”

Suddenly I became very angry. “Well, now I can’t trust that, Sydney, because you may have not have noticed but the CIA is involved now! What the hell do you expect me to do? Anything I tell you is no longer confidential between just you and me. We’ve got this entire task force breathing down our necks and that’s your entire fault.”

She sat back with a look of hurt in her eyes that I could see. She didn’t express that hurt, though. I knew she was trying to keep it tucked inside.
“I’m granting you your last chance. Tell me what happened. Tell me what we did, and like I said this will all be over, Vaughn, and things can go back to the way they were.”

“Unfortunately for both you and me things would not go back to the way they were. They can’t.”

I gave her a look that clearly indicated that I was not about to share the secret with her. I could see that she was disappointed, but I could also see that she was not about to stop now. She would get her information.

“Well, then I’m sorry that this has to be done, but it’s the only way. And just so you know, I really do love you.”

I thought she was about to get up and hit me, but she turned away and walked out the door without a single glance back. I sighed and waited for what was to come.

~Sydney~

I walked back and forth until I returned to Dixon’s office to tell him that Vaughn had not cooperated. Did I want to do this? I knew my brain wanted to, but my heart disagreed. This was the man I loved. Could I in good faith do this to him? The only answer that I could come up with was that I was doing this for the right reasons. Two years was a hell of a lot of time to miss, and I couldn’t continue on living life to the fullest if that void in my head was not filled soon.

Before I could change my mind I headed towards Dixon’s office. He stood when he saw me approaching. My dad was already present.

“He’s not talking.”

“Do you want to proceed?” Dixon asked. I hesitated slightly, but nodded my head knowing it was the only way.

Dixon picked up his phone and dialed a number.

“Get me Dr. Kerr.”

~Vaughn~

I had no sense of time, but I assumed it had been a little less than a day. I had been treated fairly well, which I guessed was all Sydney’s doing. I could tell that she still cared for me and that she didn’t want to see me hurt, but she also wanted some answers. The truth of it all was that I expected nothing less of her. I knew Sydney like I knew the palm of my hand. She would do anything for something she wanted or something that she believed was right. In her mind what she was doing here was right thing. It was the only way that she knew how to get the answer that she craved so deeply.

I was distracted from my thoughts, though, when two men walked into the room. They undid my handcuffs and in that moment I believed that Sydney had finally seen the light and I was going to be let free. I was wrong. They lifted me to my feet and kept their hands firmly on my arms to assure that I didn’t try and make a run for it. I wasn’t that stupid. I worked for this agency and I knew the security was too tight for me to even get two feet.

“Where are you taking me?” I questioned. Neither one of them said anything in reply.

They led me across the hall and into a room. It was bright white with a single chair in the middle. There was no way they were going to try and torture it out of me.

“Wait here,” they said, sitting me on the chair. I did as I was told. I was confused as ever as to what was happening here, but I was also curious.

The two men left the room quietly, while I observed my environment. The room wasn’t large, but it also wasn’t too small either. To my right there was a large glass mirror, which was obviously no mirror. I could sense that people stood behind there watching me. I could feel it was Sydney. I couldn’t see her, but I knew it was her. How I knew I didn’t know.

“Syd, I know you can hear me. Don’t do this. You have to believe me when I say you don’t want to do this.”

The room was silent, but I knew she had heard.

It seemed like it took an eternity for anyone to come back, but in reality it was only a short fifteen minutes.

A woman walked into the room. She had curly, dark hair that barely reached her shoulders. She was dressed in a smart business suit and had a warm presence to her. I barely felt like I was being held by the CIA, but instead felt like I was simply in a meeting.

“Hello Mr. Vaughn, I’m Dr, Kerr.”

I shook her outstretched had, but was still completely puzzled as to what was going on.

“Not to sound rude, Dr. Kerr, but what exactly is going on here?”

“I’m going to need you to sit down, Mr. Vaughn.”

“First I want to know what is going on!”

“Please sit down.”

I looked at her curiously, but decided that she was not going to continue unless I sat.

Slowly and cautiously I lowered myself into the chair.

I was put in restraints by the two men who stood at the door. I doubted this woman was going to torture the truth out of me, so I wondered what exactly she had planned.

She took out a clipboard, and looked down at it intently.

“It says here that you are the only one aware of Agent Bristow’s missing two years and what happened during those two years.”

I didn’t respond, but turned my head away from her. Of course it was the truth.

“This is your final opportunity to just come out and say it, Mr. Vaughn.”

I still refused to speak.

“Alright then. We’re going to proceed with the therapy, Director Dixon.”

“Proceed,” Dixon’s voice sounded throughout the room.

“Wait. What are you doing?”

“We will be performing regression therapy. It’s a fairly simple procedure, but I need you to relax.”

“No, don’t! I can’t relax! Not when someone’s about to go poking through my head. Through the last two years.”

“Well Mr. Vaughn, if you don’t want someone poking through your head then I suggest you come up front about what really happened.”

I thought about lying to her, but I figured they would have me tested to make sure I was telling the full and complete truth.

“Very well then. This is to make you relax. The procedure can’t work if you don’t,” she told me as she inserted a needle into my upper arm. I looked away. I was absolutely powerless in doing anything. I felt like just screaming out all my frustration to the world, but my body was becoming progressively weaker and looser. I relaxed my muscles and sat back in the chair, feeling very free.

“Good,” Dr. Kerr said softly. I closed my eyes and listened to the rhythmic sound of my heart. The heart that would lead me back to the last two years: the best and worst of my life.

wooo hooooo beat the pm!

ok, i am even angrier with sydney. i mean, she has to know vaughn is staying silent for a very good reason but she is being a stubborn SOB.

boo on sydney!! go sit in the corner!

great update!!

ooo i cant wait to find out what happened, however i really dont understand why syd is doing this, especially when she says that she loves vaughn!?
thanks for the PM
loved it! cant wait for more :D

I can't beleive that she is doing this to him. How stupid can she be. haha' I can't wait to find out what happens.
Please update soon

texasalias

I want to punch Sydney, seriously! If Vaughn is telling her she's going to regret this then she shouldn't do it! Duh.

Please don't try to restrain yourself. Not right now! Update as soon as possible 'cause me wants to know the truth! :D

I really want to know what happened to Syd in those two years, but even more thatn that I wanted Syd to trust Vaughn when he said he couldn't tell her. Syd is too damn stubborn and I'm guessing when she and everyone else hears the truth she will see how wrong she was for not trusting Vaughn and his love for her...

Can't wait for the next update.
Thanks for the pm.

I agree with catpin...There is no need to restrain yourself from updating...none of us would mind if you updated again say tomorrow at the latest :D

Back