Turning Point

yes! vaughn has kendalls blessing!
its gonna be really hectic when vaughn brings sydney to colorado...
cant wait for more
thanks for the pm

Tanya :woot:

Chapter 12

Tonight was the big night. Tonight the whole world would know Michael Vaughn was in love with Sydney Bristow. People would wonder who he was when they saw him on the red carpet with Sydney. He was nervous. Sydney was used to this kind of exposure, but he felt he never would. Sighing, he put on his shoes and looked at his reflection in the mirror. «Not bad», he decided. He wanted to make her proud. He wanted to be part of her life, whatever it required.

«Hum, I know a few women who are going to be so jealous of me tonight…», a voice said from behind. Vaughn turned around.

Sydney was as gorgeous as ever, ready for show time. She had slipped into the skin of the person she played for the outside. She was in her element. Tonight she would introduce him to her world, to her friends.

«Do I still need to tell you how stunning you look?»

«No, but that’s always good to hear. Are you ready? The car with be here in a minute.»

The limo arrived too soon to Vaughn’s taste. He was nervous. He would give anything to stay cuddled on the couch with her and watch some silly girl movie. Even Runaway Bride. Even Dirty Dancing.

«Hi Bernard! Long time no see!»

«Miss Bristow! I was worried about you!»

«No need to be. Bernard, this is Michael. My boyfriend.», she added, blushing. It felt strange presenting him as her boyfriend. She better get used to it, because tonight she knew she would repeat it over and over.

They held hands all the way to the theatre. Sydney knew he was not at ease and felt sorry to inflict that upon him.

«We’re there, miss Bristow.»

«Honey, are you going to be okay?»

«Yeah… I’ve been in scarier situations…», he tried to joke.

Bernard opened the limo door and Sydney, with a last squeeze on Vaughn’s hand, gracefully got out. The crowd cheered when they saw her, but the reporters cheered when they saw HIM. They all gathered around them, wanting to know who was this handsome stranger.

«Sydney! Sydney! Here!»

Sydney finally turned to speak with ET’s Mary Hart.

«Hi Sydney. Who’s this attractive young man on your arm tonight?»

«It’s my friend, Michael. We are big Indiana Jones fans and we can’t wait to see-»

«How long have you two been together?»

But Sydney didn’t answer. She smiled nicely and began to walk again toward the entrance.

«Syd, you just left MARY HART standing there!», he whispered in her ear, trying to hide his smile.

Sydney grinned.

«I know.»

She just wanted to reach the inside of the theatre. She had just realised that she didn’t want to share Michael with them. She didn’t want them, the outside world, to be a part of their relationship. This was their life, their love, their secret little heaven.

So she firmly held on to Michael’s hand and walked straight to the door, avoiding eye contact with the reporters, waving here and there for the fans. A minute later, they were inside, and he felt her relax as they were guided to their seats. On the way there, they met a few celebrities: Charlize Theron, Drew Barrymore, even Bono.

«Sydney!»

«Halle! How are you?»

They hugged and then Sydney turned to face Michael. He didn’t know where to put himself, remembering telling Sydney that Halle Berry was on his list… The list of celebrities he would like to sleep with…

«This is Michael, my boyfriend. He’s a big fan of yours, aren’t you honey?»

«Hi, uh, yes.»

«You’re on top of his list, that’s for sure!», insisted Sydney with a diabolic smile.

«Well, thank you. We should double date sometime! See you guys at the party?»

«Sure!»

Halle disappeared in the crowd and Michael exhaled loudly.

«What, honey, were you nervous about something?», Sydney teased him.

«Very funny! I’m going to make you pay for that!»

«I can’t wait!»

The movie was all that it should have been. Harrison Ford was equal to himself and the action never stopped, just as they liked it. Then they were off to the party…

Luckily for them, reporters weren’t allowed at the party. They sat with a few of Sydney’s friends and soon Vaughn began to feel more comfortable. These were nice people. Beer and music also helped to make him feel more at ease. Suddenly, the first notes of Angel, by Sarah McLachlan struck his ears…

«Sydney… Dance with me.»

She couldn’t resist him and soon she was enveloped in his arms.

Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always one reason
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memory seeps from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there

Listening to the lyrics, Michael tightened his arms around Sydney. He wanted nothing more than to be her angel, to be the one to would make her leave the darkness, the one to make her see all life and love had to give.

So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lie
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference
Escaping one last time
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
May you find some comfort there
May you find some comfort here

The song spoke to Sydney too. It had for years, as a matter of fact. She knew what Vaughn was thinking. She had felt his embrace tighten. He wanted to comfort her. And he did. She just wasn’t ready to tell him in so many words. She rested her head on his shoulder, closed her eyes and silently thanked her angel.

That was so sweet
Now why did she tell Mary Hart that Vaughn was just her friend, but Halle that he was her boyfriend?
I guess she doesn't want the media poking into her life
I can't believe that Sydney told Halle that she was on the top of Vaughn's list
Thats just embarrassing
I love that song, great choice!!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

That's cute. But I quite like spy-vaughn. Shame but atleast it's going well.

I hope i don't sense a but?

Thanks for the PM
Rach

Freelancer21 said:
Sighing, he put on his shoes and looked at his reflection in the mirror.  «Not bad», he decided.  He wanted to make her proud.  He wanted to be part of her life, whatever it required.
[post="1089455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh man that is so cute! :blush:
I love that guy! :love:
Btw the whole chapter was totally aww-worthy! (y)
Freelancer21 said:
She just wanted to reach the inside of the theatre.  She had just realised that she didn’t want to share Michael with them.  She didn’t want them, the outside world, to be a part of their relationship.  This was their life, their love, their secret little heaven.
See again ... awwwwww! :rolleyes:
Yeah I guess that´s the opinion of many celebs! :thinking: and it is so true! (y)
Nobody should be involved with one´s relationship then the participants! :blink:
Man that was a strange declaration! :P
Freelancer21 said:
She knew what Vaughn was thinking.  She had felt his embrace tighten.  He wanted to comfort her.  And he did.  She just wasn’t ready to tell him in so many words.  She rested her head on his shoulder, closed her eyes and silently thanked her angel.
I can´t wait for her declaration! :rolleyes:
I love that chappy, so much nice fluff! :angelic:
Can´t wait for more! 🤤
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse

Michael is managing to handle Syd's world pretty good for a first timer. Let's hope it stays that way and the relationship doesn't crack under public pressure.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

In one world. FANTASTIC!

Really...I love the original concept of this fic. I love how they are going through the "public" relationship phase! Its soooooo good! I love getting PM's from you everyday!

I cant wait for more!
-G

A/N: Hi! Hope it goes well for you today... Here we are getting snow for the first time this winter! :smiley:

Chapter 13

The next day was surprisingly peaceful for Vaughn, except for a call by his sister Anna.

«Bro, is this true what mom told me?»

«Hi, Anna! I’m surprised I didn’t hear from you sooner…»

«Well, I’ve been away for a few days and I just talked to mom. So???»

«It’s true.»

«Is this a joke? Is this your payback for when I threw you in the pool last summer?»

«Anna. It’s true. You’ll meet Sydney at Sabrina’s birthday.»

«OH MY GOD!!! IT IS REAL!!!»

«Anna, breathe, breathe. I got to go now. Take care.»

«Mike, I… You’re the best brother EVER!!!»

Nobody else mentioned anything about he and Sydney that day, so he was pretty joyful that evening when he got at Sydney’s place to have dinner.

«So, how was your first day as a celebrity?»

«Uneventful. Nobody said anything, can you believe it?»

Sydney’s brown eyes stared at the floor. She hated to be the one to bring him back to reality.

«Honey… It’s all about to change. I got a call from Connie. Someone tip off Entertainment Tonight about who you are. I had to confirm you worked at the State Department. I also said we met a few months ago and just began dating.»

Michael sat down and sighed.

«Who told them?»

«I don’t know. It could be anybody. The show will air in a few minutes, we should watch.»

Feeling her boyfriend wasn’t too pleased about that turn of events, Sydney sat close to him and rubbed his back.

«Michael, I’m so sorry to make you go through this…»

«Syd, don’t apologise. You’re worth it. Don’t question that. Never.» He took her in his arms, and they silently waited for ET to begin.

«Tonight, we bring you all the details about the Indiana Jones 4 premiere last night, all the fashion and all the gossip! Also, our Hot Story tonight, “Who’s Sydney’s Mysterious Hunk?”

That’s when his phone started ringing. And ringing. Friends. Long lost cousins. Colleagues. Everybody wanted to get details and, Vaughn suspected, to be able to tell their entourage that they knew Sydney Bristow’s boyfriend.

When Vaughn got to work the day after that, things didn’t improve. He was without a doubt the point of attention, with an endless succession of co-workers dropping by his office, looks from across the room, whispers at the coffee machine… Kendall didn’t seem to enjoy it and Michael feared he would take back his blessing. But the worst part was when Haladki, the most hated agent in FBI’S history, came to see him.

«So Vaughn, how many times did you f*** her in that safe house, uh?»

«Stop it, Haladki!»

«Ooh, I can just picture her naked… hummmm…»

«Cut it out, or I swear…»

«Yes, man, shut up!», Weiss added.

«Anyway, the reporters of Entertainment Tonight were very grateful for my information…»

So Haladki was the one that tipped off the media. That was more than what Vaughn could take from that jerk. He got up and grabbed him by the collar.

«You son of a b…»

«Mike, stop! He’s not worth it!»

Vaughn finally let go, still furious. That was enough. He grabbed his jacket and left, taking the rest of the afternoon off.

He needed to change his mind and fast, so he called Sydney.

«Syd? Are you up for a little trip to Toys ‘R’ Us? I need your help.»

«For your niece? Sure!»

«I’m on my way. I’ll pick you up in ten minutes.»

«Okay!»

On the way to the store, Sydney questioned him to know why he took the afternoon off. Vaughn replied evasively, not wanting to tell her about Haladki. She already had enough on her mind, feeling guilty enough as it was. So he quickly changed the topic of conversation.

«Sabrina is going to be three years old and Jennifer said she would like a princess outfit.»

«Alright, I can do that.»

In the store, they chose a beautiful lavender dress. Sydney was looking at tiaras for a while, as she couldn’t decide which one would be the perfect match. Seeing Michael was getting a little impatient, she sent him to get princess shoes on the other isle. When he came back with red shoes, she teased:

«Are you colour blind? What is it with man and not being able to match clothes?»

«Hey, watch it, Bristow! What’s wrong with lavender and red together?»

«Everything!»

«So if we have kids one day, you won’t let me dress them?»

His comment felt like a punch in Sydney’s gut. She plastered a fake smile on her face and replied:

«No way… Now go and get matching shoes!»

As he left her side, Sydney stared blankly at the tiaras. Of course he wanted children! He loved children. She knew he had this life planned for himself, for them, with a few kids… She never saw herself as a mother. How could she be a good mother after all she had been through? How could she ever be the woman Vaughn needed? Maybe he would be better off without her. Maybe she should leave him right now and save him the pain. Maybe.

A few days later, Sydney went to work on Alias. Filming the first episode wasn’t too much work, as she had only one scene. But she had a lot promotion to do in the following days: Live with Regis and Kelly, Late night with David Letterman, interview with Access Hollywood… Of course, they all had questions about Michael. She tried to avoid answering as often as she could, but she also knew she had to throw them a bone if she ever wanted the interest toward them to decrease. And that’s what happened. Just two weeks later, there were less paparazzi haunting Sydney’s neighbourhood, less phone calls, less attention for Vaughn at the office. Slowly, they settled in their life together, seldom spending the night apart, going out and seeing friends. Melissa and Eric had dated a few times and things went wonderful. Everything was great… But Sydney was still struggling with her feelings of inadequacy. When she was in Michael’s arms, everything seemed possible. He loved her. It would be okay. It was different when she was alone. Her fear of disappointing him consumed her. Now she was going to meet his family, and her fear grew exponentially as the day approached.

She shouldn't be scared
Vaughn's family will love her
She just has to take a big deep breath and trust Vaughn
I knew it was halaki who tipped off the press
That jerk!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

Freelancer21 said:
She never saw herself as a mother.  How could she be a good mother after all she had been through?  How could she ever be the woman Vaughn needed?  Maybe he would be better off without her.  Maybe she should leave him right now and save him the pain.  Maybe.
[post="1091028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No! :nonono:
I hope she don´t plan on leaving him or something like that! :thinking:
She isn´t really in the relationship :( or is it just me who feels that way? :confused:
Freelancer21 said:
But Sydney was still struggling with her feelings of inadequacy.  When she was in Michael’s arms, everything seemed possible.  He loved her.  It would be okay.  It was different when she was alone.  Her fear of disappointing him consumed her.  Now she was going to meet his family, and her fear grew exponentially as the day approached.
[post="1091028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh man! (n)
Something has to happen to change her feelings! :thinking:
She´ll meet his family :smiley: can´t wait for that! :woot:
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse

Back