TV Gal Reacts To The Finale

Thanks to twinzz2003 for this news:

From Zap2it-

TV Gal Catches Her Breath
by Amy Amatangelo
Zap2it

Is television trying to kill me? How much stress should one TV Gal be expected to handle?

I was still recovering from Ruben almost being ousted from "American Idol" when I watched the season finale of "Alias."

So is this going to be the show's modus operandi? Constantly shaking up its premise and giving the viewers whiplash? Did Sydney go into shock (a la Teri on "24") after she realized (or so she thought) that both her best friends were dead? Did the added trauma of having to murder her roommate's evil doppelganger send our heroine over the edge? Did Sloane kidnap her or did the ever-lovely Irina (who even looks great rappelling off the side of a building) rescue her daughter?

And perhaps the most important question (which has all my female friends in an uproar) -- how in the heck did Vaughn grieve for Sydney, accept the fact that she was dead and meet and marry someone else in two years (I'm assuming the CIA called him back from his honeymoon)? Did he marry his fall-back girl Alice or did he meet someone new?

Two years ahead means that Marshall and Carrie could be married by now. And the Rambaldi mystery could be solved. And Irina and Jack could be back together. Or Jack could be siding with Sloane. Who knows what team Sark, whose alliances are malleable, is on. Basically, when the series returns in the fall, we could be looking at entirely new show. Unless the whole thing turns out to be a dream, but I don't think series creator J.J. Abrams would play with viewers' trust like that.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the finale -- it was exciting, romantic, sexy, surprising and emotional with fantastic action sequences (loved, loved, loved the final showdown between Faux Francie and Sydney and I'm always happy when Will's got game). But I fear that all these twists and turns practically guarantees the show a short shelf-life. This much upheaval can't be good for the sustainability of the series. Abrams' other television creation, Felicity Porter, only had four years of life in her. I'm really hoping Sydney Bristow has more.

Oh, and one other point I'd like to make. Here's how you know if an evil TV Gal double starts writing my column. I'll suddenly start extolling the virtues of "Fear Factor" and wondering why more people didn't love "According to Jim." When that happens, call the authorities immediately.

Is anyone else bummed that Faux Francie turned out to be someone we didn't even know? That we still don't know Sark's deal? That Greg Grunberg and Amanda Foreman didn't have any scenes together?

Yeah. I wish I knew what was up with Sark. He has to be hurt when he finds out about Freplica's(Allison's) death. The finale was great! I don't know how I am going to survive the 5 months until season 3.

Its been only two days after the finale ... and men, this waiting is killing me ... 4 months ... tooooooooooooooo long ... :blink:

I want to know what happened now! :eek:

It seemed like the ending was rushed...do you think ABC told JJ he had to hurry it up and wrap the show up???...we could be seeing the end of Alias in the middle of season 3 *sniff*

SydB_JenG said:
It seemed like the ending was rushed...do you think ABC told JJ he had to hurry it up and wrap the show up???...we could be seeing the end of Alias in the middle of season 3 *sniff*
Yeah .. I noticed that too .... everything happened in a rush ... from the moment Irina left the lab in marseille ... things went from not knowing what gonna happen to what the h**l just happened here ... I mean ... its nice to see Sydney realize the truth about Freplica, but it was way too easily done ... and that Sark was in custody of the CIA ... (he fight) too easyily done ... :blink:

Still confused!

NOOOO! ::sniffff:: ::blows nose:: alias is still the best!!! lol... i just hope that Syd last longer than Felicity! I don't care if it's rushed even though it's true but ABC are idiots if they end it after season 3. ALIAS is the best show they got!

Ya, i think the evil Francie should have been Anna Espinosa! i mean jj doesnt just leave characters and not tell u what happened to them. he blew that one. but other than that it was great!

But I fear that all these twists and turns practically guarantees the show a short shelf-life. This much upheaval can't be good for the sustainability of the series.

This is what worries me too. How much can the show take? How much can Sydney take? That's what makes me think that this isn't exactly real; that the show won't really remain 2 years in the future. At least, that's what makes me hope it won't.