TV ratings... Alias vs. Buffy

Buffy is fantastically written. We studied it at university in scriptwriting. It is a very good, very clever show (much more intelligent than Alias a lot of the time - especially the state Alias is in at the moment).

scope said:
i have never seen buffy but from what i heard about it, its not that great of a show.  i think alias would get better raitings if it was on a different channel than abc.  abc normally has crappy ratings.
[post="1019521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You have to watch Buffy for yourself to determine whether its a great show or not ;) While I have never studied scriptwriting and any of the sort, Buffy is a brilliantly written show. Its different from Alias but I'm devoted to both shows equally.

One thing that made Buffy stand out (and Angel for that matter) was humor. The ability to create lighter moments and even laugh at their own premise was actually a realistic ingredient and a gutsy element for the writers to keep as a integral part of the show. Maybe they went a little too glib at times, but it made the dramatic moments stand out. Sydney is constantly in danger, constantly needing to do something incredibly important, and almost constantly crying, without any distraction except some weak comedy relief that usually makes watching uncomfortable. After a while it's hard to care. No one leads such a humorless life. A vampire slayer shouldn't act more real than a student/secret agent.

Buffy is an amazing show. At times I love it more than Alias because it has a little bit of everything: horror, drama, romance, and lotsa funniez. and at times it can be VERY deep. besides buffy is very original... and someone said this before but it's paved the way for shows like Alias.

Julesters said:
True. I love Buffy though. I just hate it how so many people are criticizing Alias.
[post="772650"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

me too! it makes me angry :angry: they just don't understand alias that's all, you kinda have to cath it from the beginning to understand what's going on

Natalia said:
Buffy is fantastically written. We studied it at university in scriptwriting. It is a very good, very clever show (much more intelligent than Alias a lot of the time - especially the state Alias is in at the moment).
[post="1019544"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hey, I agree Buffy is great, amazing, fantastic, but I don't think you can compare both shows, because they are far different. And you can't say who's more or less INTELLIGENT. Have you watch Alias in first seaons?? Have you STUDIED it? It is as amazing as the best thing I ever saw... :Ph34r: Brilliantly written, directed, etc.
Alias has written so many brilliant and intelligent plot lines that I think is absurd you say that Buffy is often more intelligent than Alias (the one that leads to Phase One is genius!)...

Ok, Alias hasn't such metaphors about teenagers with such geniality and hasn't been such a classic show (until now), but if you look to Alias' direction, production, actors and specially scripts, you'll regret what you said... -_-

I'm a fan of both shows and I analyze every detail of it too, so I think you must take a better look to Alias (past 2 seasons, though)... :asleep:

Julesters said:
Buffy is an amazing show. At times I love it more than Alias because it has a little bit of everything: horror, drama, romance, and lotsa funniez. and at times it can be VERY deep. besides buffy is very original... and someone said this before but it's paved the way for shows like Alias.
[post="1025237"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with everything. Buffy was the first classic action babe on TV. But you can't despise a show because of it's originality...
The only thing like Alias on TV was Nikita, and it was far different. Alias is the first and you can't find something really LIKE it before, so I think Alias is pretty original. It has a lot of drama (not just romantic drama, but family drama, the strongest one), romance, humor, a bit of realistic sci-fi, etc. It has a dynamic balance of it all that is so amazing!!! It's not easy write a show about family drama, espionage and sci-fi at the same time!!! Alias do it with such grace that we must appreciate and consider that...
And it is VERY deep more often than Buffy...

PS.: I don't ever consider season 3 when I talk about Alias.

PS.2: I may be too boring and desperate to prove Alias is as good as Buffy. Well, I believe that, but actually I'm writing all of this because i don't have nothing better to do :lol: , so don't take this Alias/Buffy discussion so serious because it's so POINTLESS (as I said, nothing better to do...)...

Back