Unbelievable

baiyun

Cadet
I have not seen any of season 4. I live in China, I have to wait [edited] ..so as I patiently wait, I do have a couple of observations. I am sorry Mr. Olin, but you make Sydney's unbelievable fight scenes a little too much...her short training period beating multiple fighters, stronger and better trained than her. (I watch my students getting military training starting at a young age in all schools, which includes kungfu and other forms of hand to hand combat) She would never be able to take on one Chinese soldier let alone two or more...sorry. You do not have to reach so far...keep her human and not some super human...and the other thing, I worked for the federal government with clearance and know that the government would not have that triangle working in the same offices regardless of the bureaus. No responsible department head would put them in the same action regardless. Sorry, but if it is suppose to be a realistic series, keep it on track. :( Other than that it is a diversion from the usual Chinese propaganda) Overall I find it interesting, but nowhere as captivating as Lost.

[edited to remove mention of illegal downloading, sorry, see full rules]

Frankly, I don't think it is supposed to be realistic--not in that way at least. ;)

I think you're being too literal in analyzing Alias. Somtimes the fight scenes are made to be believable but other times they are made to be visually pleasing and basically, to look awesome. Ken Olin, especially, is interested in having interesting shots and visually pleasing episodes (listen to some of his comentary on Alias Seasons 1-3). As far as realistic goes it's not supposed to be 100% realistic. After all, the show is based around a prophet from the 15th (?) Century, a man who made designs for things that aren't realistically scientifically possible. Lost is equally as unrealistic (polar bear on a tropical island, evil numbers, and the fact the island brought them there) don't get me wrong I watch Lost and I'm a big fan of it, I'm just trying to keep things in perspective

Also, just so you know we're not allowed to discuss illegal downloading sysems on AA ;)

Back