Sci-Fi Victor Frankenstein (2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMTc2Mjk0MTM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjgyOTg1NjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

PG-13 | 1h 50min | Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller | 25 November 2015 (USA)
Victor Frankenstein (2015) - IMDb

James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe star in a dynamic and thrilling twist on a legendary tale. Radical scientist Victor Frankenstein (McAvoy) and his equally brilliant protégé Igor Strausman (Radcliffe) share a noble vision of aiding humanity through their groundbreaking research into immortality. But Victor's experiments go too far, and his obsession has horrifying consequences. Only Igor can bring his friend back from the brink of madness and save him from his monstrous creation.

Director:
Paul McGuigan
Writers:
Max Landis (screenplay), Max Landis (screen story)
Stars:
Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy, Jessica Brown Findlay

First I must admit that I enjoyed this film...a lot. I found it has great direction, beautiful cimematography and great acting. This is not a story about the Frankenstein monster, yes, there is a monster but it is more about the view as seen from Igor's perspective. Radcliff is an Igor that is intelligent and moral, not the comical miss-shapen Igor from Van Helsing (2004) - IMDb. If you like the tale of Frankenstein this is not what you are accustomed to. It's almost a Drama. This is something different, something totally watchable different. I recommend adding this to your watch que. Give it a go and let me know what YOU think...

Last edited:
Back